Amy Pond

Veteran, Female

Veteran

Ooh. 700+ sound effects, all unnamed. Fun! May 4, 2019

Amy Pond was last seen:
Jul 14, 2019
    1. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      If failing to plan is planning to fail, then if I merely plan to plan, then I shall fail to fail.
      1. Trihan
        Trihan
        If only it worked like that.
        Feb 23, 2017
      2. cabfe
        cabfe
        I guess failing at failing can be called a success.
        Feb 23, 2017
    2. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Made a plugin that automatically fills the browser window with your game. Then quickly realised why that's a bad idea.
      1. Trihan
        Trihan
        I'm glad you realised before you started armageddon.
        Feb 22, 2017
        Amy Pond likes this.
      2. Amy Pond
        Amy Pond
        I think I'll just add some Min and Max parameters and improve my scaling.
        Feb 22, 2017
    3. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Mods are people too you know!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Celianna is the IAM; Internal Affairs Moderator.
        Feb 22, 2017
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Blue text is my coffee.
        Feb 22, 2017
        Ms Littlefish and Kes like this.
      4. Kes
        Kes
        Just remember - when we are being nice it is to lull you into a false sense of security. ... Then we pounce.
        Feb 22, 2017
        Amy Pond, Ms Littlefish and mlogan like this.
    4. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      If anyone's working on a general, community release ABS and needs incentive to work on it, hit me up.
      1. Trihan
        Trihan
        An ABS is on my to-do list for plugins but that will be in the far-flung future as I have a multitude of things to do before I can work on it.
        Feb 19, 2017
      2. Quxios
        Quxios
        I'll be working on my abs again soon. Just working on rewriting it's dependencies.
        Feb 19, 2017
    5. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      This plugin doesn't work in a browser, and my game doesn't work out of a browser. I think we both need to work on our compatabilities.
    6. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      When the thing you want to search for is three letters so it won't work -.-';
      1. Hudell
        Hudell
        Searching for your name?
        Feb 6, 2017
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        Oh that drives me nuts. That's when I hop over to google. Preceed what you want there with "rpg maker" and you should find it.
        Feb 6, 2017
    7. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      EUREKA! I love it when you're trying to work out how to do something for a year and then suddenly it just clicks in your head.
      1. 4 people like this.
      2. Traveling Bard
        Jan 20, 2017
    8. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      It's surprising that given we have a browser-based RPG Maker with direct ability to connect to a server, there are no MMORPGs around here. There were more MMO developers back in the RPG Maker XP day, and back then we only had a dodgy script that didn't actually work very well! Now we have it all produced for us on an open plate but nobody is biting.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        Okey dokey then. I was not around the RM scene back then.
        Jan 18, 2017
      3. Serranogun
        Serranogun
        arghh! that forjerum is different language, i dont understand :(
        Jan 19, 2017
      4. WhiteW
    9. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Trying to explain how to make an MMORPG my way to somebody, but realising half way through that it's a really convoluted system that only really makes sense in my head and I can't explain it. I think basically what I've done is made up a way of doing it, somehow psychically transferred it to RPG Maker, and it works on a quantum level. Something to do with the resonating frequencies of the Thingummyjiggits. Still, feel free to Ask Me Anything about making an MMORPG, if you don't mind your head exploding at some point.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. YuriYuriSan
        YuriYuriSan
        Super old post, I know... But quite honestly I been trying to incorporate an Auction house or at least a trading system into my game but can't really find any help. A TON of searching the internet has brought me here and I'm wondering if you can help. I don't really need any other multiplayer help as my game isn't gonna be an MMO.
        Dec 6, 2017
      4. YuriYuriSan
        YuriYuriSan
        But I do want a trading system to give my professions (Or trade skills) a more dynamic feel, And to be able to limit the number of professions a player can learn without the feeling of closing off a lot of content from my game. I want players to be able to trade with each other based on professions and what they learned to craft throughout playing my game. Please and Thank you.
        Dec 6, 2017
      5. Kes
        Kes
        @YuriYuriSan Please don't use Status Updates to ask Support questions, that is not their purpose. I suggest you either post in Amy Pond's thread where she discusses what she is doing, or make a new thread.
        Dec 6, 2017
    10. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      On a production high at the moment. But now I'm depressed because I know it's going to end in a crash again.
      1. Artificer
        Artificer
        why is that?
        Aug 18, 2016
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @Artificer If she's anything like me it's because production highs usually accompany bouts of insomnia, and when you finally fall asleep you wake up exhausted and wishing you could sleep for a week.

Try not to crash to hard, maybe you'll bounce back quickly.
        Aug 19, 2016
    11. Bored Soul
      Bored Soul
      Best of luck on Afar!
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. BoredSoul
        BoredSoul
        This account is dead.I'm the real deal.
        Sep 13, 2016
    12. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      I dreamt that an update to PHP replaced if and else with anna and elsa. I was getting really frustrated at how now there were even more differences between PHP and JavaScript.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Time to back away from the code for a little while... XD
        Jun 30, 2016
        3 people like this.
      3. Snow White
        Snow White
        I think someone might have a bit of a Frozen fever :p

And it's the sign of a true coder when you start literally dreaming about it :rwink:

Also, I LOVE Frozen, so I think that update to PHP was the best idea ever dreamt :wub:
        Jul 1, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    13. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      What if NPCs talked to you in battle, and your choices affected things in the battle? For example, the NPC asks if you felt that hit. "Yeah, you got me" -> you defend the next turn. "Nah, 'tis but a flesh wound" -> you do double damage next turn but with half defense.
      1. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Personally I feel like that would take control away from the player. Maybe if the whole game was like
        a visual-novel esque game where choices progressed the story maybe. 
        What about the enemy reacting differently based on your response? "yeah you got me" > lowers enemy guard, they get overconfident. "Nah tis but a flesh wound" enemy ups their game, angry at your arrogance.
        Jun 28, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    14. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Well done England, we've really screwed up this time.
      1. 3 people like this.
      3. Snow White
        Snow White
        I concur! 

Democratic voting is a great thing, if people aren't lying about what you're voting for!

And fear-mongering is just plain underhanded  :headshake:

It would be nice to know that politicians have to keep their promises, I think I'll show that petition to my parents, as they can actually vote! :cutesmile:

But yeah, it's not like this is the first time people have made false promises, and we got over it then, so we shouldn't let it get us down :cutesmile:

Things are gonna be different, so I guess we just have to try to make it a good kind of different :D

Still don't like the why they lied though, it wasn't fair to the people voting :(
        Jul 1, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        I agree, yeah. I was hoping people won't fall for these lies, especially the whole "We send £350 million every week to EU. Let's spend it on NHS instead". It was clear to me right away that 1) that number was exaggerated and untrue, and 2) they didn't intend to spend all that money on NHS (since when have far right wingers been supportive of NHS?).

This is the main reason to me why democracy is flawed - because it's so easy to mislead the common people with pretty lies. Whoever has the most influence on media will likely come out at the top.
        Jul 1, 2016
      5. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Think about this. With democracy, this girl's vote holds the same value as a vote of someone who is educated:
        Jul 1, 2016
    15. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      The RPG Maker MV base resource has some really questionable and bizarrely sexual battlers in it. I shall use them all.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yup, some of them are extremely weird. It's just a shame that more people don't know about the set. The mecha in the set is pretty amazing.
        Jun 23, 2016
      4. Niten Ichi Ryu
        Niten Ichi Ryu
        The set of girls in pictures01>character2 in lots of different situations with weapons is also awesome. (just typing that I know it sounded weird...)

It could really call for a funny High school all girl battle royale kind of game. (but it might be too hard to stay on the right side of the Ecchi line, so I won't even try, might end up bad taste) 
        Jun 24, 2016
      5. Niten Ichi Ryu
        Niten Ichi Ryu
        The samurai/sengoku themed one are amazing too
        Jun 24, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    16. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Probably best if the base weapon doesn't deal 3,000,000,000 damage.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. NPC
        NPC
        Just follow the FF rule of thumb- enemies now have 90 billion health.
        Jun 22, 2016
        2 people like this.
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Bigger is better, right? I mean, it's not like any big MMOs ever hit the int32 limit after some expansions or anything. *coughwowcough*
        Jun 22, 2016
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        that sounds like my kind of weapon!
        Jun 23, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    17. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      I cannot concentrate at all today.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        Let's be practical. What can you do about it?
        Jun 21, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    18. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      I get a huge amount of pms and emails from people asking how to make an mmo or my thoughts on aspects of an mmo. Happy to answer all correspondence, but is there somewhere I can put up an "ask me anything" thread or a FAQ or something like that? I feel like I'm answering the same questions a lot.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        lol - never saw that coming [/sarcasm]

Thought it's not a tutorial, I wonder if one of those forums might be the best place?  Otherwise put it in the Support forum for the appropriate maker and check with mods whether it'd be okay to go into Tutorials.  It might also be worth reserving a couple of posts at the start if you're going to make it an FAQ.

And it probably won't reduce the amount of PMs you get.  Just sayin' ;)
        Jun 16, 2016
        4 people like this.
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        *Though* - not Thought.  I really shouldn't type until I've had my first cuppa.
        Jun 16, 2016
        3 people like this.
    19. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Thinking of making some kind of modular sprite battle system, almost similar to Adventure Quest, where battlers are made up of individual body parts which are then animated. Sounds like it would be a lot of work, but battles would be fully animated then. Will think about it.
      2. Victor Sant
        Victor Sant
        In fact i think that it is not a bad idea. Developing the system will really be a lot of work.

But once it's done, adding new sprites is pretty easy.
        Jun 14, 2016
      3. kovak
        kovak
        Actually it's easier to animate and that's how it's done when adding bones.
        Jun 14, 2016
      4. RoooodWorks
        RoooodWorks
        u know that can probably be done in spriter pro. that uses different body parts for u to animate it.
        Jun 14, 2016
    20. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Right, signing off for the night. Game, please don't explode while I'm sleep.
  • About

First Language:
    English (UK)