Amy Pond

Veteran, Female

Veteran

Ooh. 700+ sound effects, all unnamed. Fun! May 4, 2019

Amy Pond was last seen:
Jul 14, 2019 at 12:10 PM
    1. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      See my thread, see my thread, filling me with utter dread. Wipe my sweat cause there's no better than a faulty set-and-getter. Like my chat, trouble's that there's a fault so out with that, for the moment while I go and throw myself into the Solent cause this game, is quite lame, and I'm feeling so ashamed, 61 players (and 4 robots) to my name, I guess it works that's true, and some kudos is due, see my thread, see my thread, oh please won't you see my thread.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Amy Pond
        Amy Pond
        I suspect about five may be spam bots, but the rest seem genuine. 67 now.
        Jun 13, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Sweet! Nice work. =3
        Jun 13, 2016
      4. mlogan
        Jun 13, 2016
    2. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Afar is live:
      1. 3 people like this.
      2. Amy Pond
        Amy Pond
        35 players thus far (including four dupes), although chat is currently non-working for most people due to an error that I shall fix as soon as possible.
        Jun 13, 2016
      3. Amy Pond
        Amy Pond
        Basically the chat issue is the kind of bug that you only find out when people actually play en masse.
        Jun 13, 2016
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        nice!  Congratulations :)   NOW the hard work begins :D
        Jun 13, 2016
        2 people like this.
    3. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Just doing a full backup of my server, and then Afar will be launched.
      1. Touchfuzzy
        Touchfuzzy
        You really missed the opportunity here to type "Afar is A'near"
        Jun 13, 2016
        4 people like this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Congrats! It must feel pretty awesome to bring a project to this point!
        Jun 13, 2016
    4. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Posted a bug reporting thread in my game. The thread went to the wrong forum. I should get an award.
    5. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Last thing needed before Beta launch.
    6. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Was seconds away from buying Kaus's tilesets. I'm gonna try and make a desert one at some point.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        Many of us got scammed, unfortunately. Glad you managed to avoid the trouble.
        Jun 12, 2016
    7. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      I have this vague dream to adapt The Four Seasons into a game soundtrack. Good idea? It would have to be a completely new composition mind, but there are motifs through it that seem like they'd work really well in a game. Imagine Winter as a battle BGM for example.
      1. NPC
        NPC
        Autumn would be great as a sea-faring tune and ship theme.
        Jun 10, 2016
    8. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Today is for bug fixes. Tomorrow is for working on my big surprise. That's the plan. We'll see how the bug fixing goes. Got a driving lesson, but no work tomorrow so I'll put in the work when I get home later. And then tomorrow... Launch.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        Let's hope the bugfixing session won't end up requiring too much time.
        Jun 10, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    9. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Would an in-game manual be an appropriate place to put a credits list, or is that too hidden away? It will be duplicated on the game website too.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Gothic Lolita
        Gothic Lolita
        It's actually a creative way to put it. :)
        Another cool thing would be a menu option in title screen, where you can click the credits as you like. :) (\ô/)
        Jun 10, 2016
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        I think it's too obscure.  If you want people to know who worked on the game, make it easy to find.  Making it hard to find, hiding it away, almost makes it like you don't want it to be seen.  I sometimes like to check the credits on games I play, and I'd never think to look in the manual.
        Jun 10, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Ursa Koda
        Ursa Koda
        Why hide a credit list?  :popcorn:
        Jun 10, 2016
    10. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Working on a big surprise for the Afar launch. ;)
      1. 1 person likes this.
    11. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      RPG Maker doesn't like my massive parallax map. In fact it won't load it at all. Gonna have to cut it up.
      2. Amy Pond
        Amy Pond
        Not *quite* as bad as I thought. Here's the top of the map, anyway. Basically split the 100x100 tile map into nine maps of 33x33. The others are gonna take a bit more modifying to fit.

I want to fill them with events anyway so to be honest smaller maps is probably the way to go anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/xqbbhlw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OvwxbQ5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lxOmDPE.jpg
        Jun 9, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Noctis
        Noctis
        The rmmv won't load 100x100 parallax map?  :o  I should start to split mine  :(
        Jun 9, 2016
      4. Hudell
        Hudell
        You could also turn that into a tileset and draw the map on RM. Some extra work, but you would be able to have your whole map and it would be much lighter.
        Jun 9, 2016
    12. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      When you forget to LIMIT 1 your SQL and make a typo in the WHERE part.
    13. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Is it bad that I saw this image in the corner of my eye and thought it was... er... the female reproductive system?

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/uploads/monthly_2016_04/Zeichen-Dakaks.png.eb6fee68562ed6d1fb3bec743b6fe1aa.thumb.png.ccc6021ff72b5127b6e15f26225dedaf.png
      2. Amy Pond
        Amy Pond
        Someone's avatar :p
        Jun 9, 2016
      3. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        Ah, OK x)
        Jun 9, 2016
      4. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        Haha, well it does resemble the shape so if you just have it in the corner of your eyes I could see why. Feel sorry for the girl that has a skull there though and the "allopian tubes" aka the horns have no eggs attached to them :(
        Jun 9, 2016
    14. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Guys. Write June 11th in your diaries. That way you know when to laugh when my game launch fails. Also get a better diary, the dates should already be printed in.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        What makes you think it would fail?
        Jun 9, 2016
    15. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      I feel like I should write an update to Touchfuzzy's "You Don't Want to Make an MMORPG", B)
      1. 3 people like this.
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        Don't - because then people will know you are the expert and everybody who thinks they have a great game idea and doesn't have the skills to make it happen (ie - every single n00b who wants to make an RPG) will come to you for help.
        Jun 9, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        "Except that most people don't because they have no idea about the level of work involved."

and then some people DO because they don't know the level of work involved.
        Jun 9, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Shaz So true... How much harder than a regular RPG can it be, right? Sigh. Actually, I bet a lot of the ones just diving facefirst in have minimal/no code knowledge and haven't actually made a regular RPG yet. Man, that's enough work for me. Hats off to @Amy Pond for not only having a great name and avatar to match, but for knowing exactly what they're getting into, doing it anyway, and seeming to do quite well.
        Jun 9, 2016
    16. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Didn't feel like going to bed so I've made something cool. Didn't have long to do it though. Basically, clicking selects an item. Click another item while one is selected, and the game will do something with the two of them (combine them together, if it can). Front end working; no recipes yet.

http://i.imgur.com/FBbvy6F.png
      1. 4 people like this.
      3. Amy Pond
        Amy Pond
        That, my friend, shall now be the very first recipe I add to my game. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.
        Jun 8, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        We did it guys! We conquered the mountain! 
        Kneel before our picky-shovels!
        Jun 8, 2016
      5. Amy Pond
        Amy Pond
        Incidentally, I don't know why they all say 1. It's supposed to say nothing if there is 1, and say the quantity if there are more than 1. I need to fix this.
        Jun 8, 2016
    17. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Popcorn time.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Euphony
        Euphony
        https://m.popkey.co/a818d6/4Vvbx.gif
        Jun 8, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Euphony
        Euphony
        Seriously though what the hell is going on in this status feed.
        Jun 8, 2016
    18. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Created an inventory system. http://i.imgur.com/VhDxVWb.png
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Medo
        Medo
        NICE !!

how did you made the tile graphics so different than the default tiles that is built in the rpg maker mv ?

and how do I download the inventory that you made ?

thank you :)  
        Jun 8, 2016
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        Every time I see the progress you're making, I feel so ashamed at my own lack of the same :(
        Jun 8, 2016
    19. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      When you remake the message system but then can't be bothered to get rid of the old one so you set it's y value to 1000. Or not. I would never do that.

OK, I'll remove it. B)
      1. 3 people like this.
    20. Amy Pond
      Amy Pond
      Has anyone here ever looked into in-game advertising?
  • About

First Language:
    English (UK)