Amy Pond
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• If failing to plan is planning to fail, then if I merely plan to plan, then I shall fail to fail.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    If only it worked like that.
    cabfe
    cabfe
    I guess failing at failing can be called a success.
    Made a plugin that automatically fills the browser window with your game. Then quickly realised why that's a bad idea.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    I'm glad you realised before you started armageddon.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond
    I think I'll just add some Min and Max parameters and improve my scaling.
    If anyone's working on a general, community release ABS and needs incentive to work on it, hit me up.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    An ABS is on my to-do list for plugins but that will be in the far-flung future as I have a multitude of things to do before I can work on it.
    Quxios
    Quxios
    I'll be working on my abs again soon. Just working on rewriting it's dependencies.
    This plugin doesn't work in a browser, and my game doesn't work out of a browser. I think we both need to work on our compatabilities.
    When the thing you want to search for is three letters so it won't work -.-';
    Hudell
    Hudell
    Searching for your name?
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Oh that drives me nuts. That's when I hop over to google. Preceed what you want there with "rpg maker" and you should find it.
    It's surprising that given we have a browser-based RPG Maker with direct ability to connect to a server, there are no MMORPGs around here. There were more MMO developers back in the RPG Maker XP day, and back then we only had a dodgy script that didn't actually work very well! Now we have it all produced for us on an open plate but nobody is biting.
    Trying to explain how to make an MMORPG my way to somebody, but realising half way through that it's a really convoluted system that only really makes sense in my head and I can't explain it. I think basically what I've done is made up a way of doing it, somehow psychically transferred it to RPG Maker, and it works on a quantum level. Something to do with the resonating frequencies of the Thingummyjiggits. Still, feel free to Ask Me Anything about making an MMORPG, if you don't mind your head exploding at some point.
    Reactions: 1 person
    YuriYuriSan
    YuriYuriSan
    Super old post, I know... But quite honestly I been trying to incorporate an Auction house or at least a trading system into my game but can't really find any help. A TON of searching the internet has brought me here and I'm wondering if you can help. I don't really need any other multiplayer help as my game isn't gonna be an MMO.
    YuriYuriSan
    YuriYuriSan
    But I do want a trading system to give my professions (Or trade skills) a more dynamic feel, And to be able to limit the number of professions a player can learn without the feeling of closing off a lot of content from my game. I want players to be able to trade with each other based on professions and what they learned to craft throughout playing my game. Please and Thank you.
    Kes
    Kes
    @YuriYuriSan Please don't use Status Updates to ask Support questions, that is not their purpose. I suggest you either post in Amy Pond's thread where she discusses what she is doing, or make a new thread.
    On a production high at the moment. But now I'm depressed because I know it's going to end in a crash again.
    Artificer
    Artificer
    why is that?
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    @Artificer If she's anything like me it's because production highs usually accompany bouts of insomnia, and when you finally fall asleep you wake up exhausted and wishing you could sleep for a week.

Try not to crash to hard, maybe you'll bounce back quickly.
    I dreamt that an update to PHP replaced if and else with anna and elsa. I was getting really frustrated at how now there were even more differences between PHP and JavaScript.
    Reactions: 2 people
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Time to back away from the code for a little while... XD
    Snow White
    Snow White
    I think someone might have a bit of a Frozen fever :p

And it's the sign of a true coder when you start literally dreaming about it :rwink:

Also, I LOVE Frozen, so I think that update to PHP was the best idea ever dreamt :wub:
    What if NPCs talked to you in battle, and your choices affected things in the battle? For example, the NPC asks if you felt that hit. "Yeah, you got me" -> you defend the next turn. "Nah, 'tis but a flesh wound" -> you do double damage next turn but with half defense.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Personally I feel like that would take control away from the player. Maybe if the whole game was like
    a visual-novel esque game where choices progressed the story maybe. 
    What about the enemy reacting differently based on your response? "yeah you got me" > lowers enemy guard, they get overconfident. "Nah tis but a flesh wound" enemy ups their game, angry at your arrogance.
    Well done England, we've really screwed up this time.
    Reactions: 3 people
    Snow White
    Snow White
    I concur! 

Democratic voting is a great thing, if people aren't lying about what you're voting for!

And fear-mongering is just plain underhanded  :headshake:

It would be nice to know that politicians have to keep their promises, I think I'll show that petition to my parents, as they can actually vote! :cutesmile:

But yeah, it's not like this is the first time people have made false promises, and we got over it then, so we shouldn't let it get us down :cutesmile:

Things are gonna be different, so I guess we just have to try to make it a good kind of different :D

Still don't like the why they lied though, it wasn't fair to the people voting :(
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I agree, yeah. I was hoping people won't fall for these lies, especially the whole "We send £350 million every week to EU. Let's spend it on NHS instead". It was clear to me right away that 1) that number was exaggerated and untrue, and 2) they didn't intend to spend all that money on NHS (since when have far right wingers been supportive of NHS?).

This is the main reason to me why democracy is flawed - because it's so easy to mislead the common people with pretty lies. Whoever has the most influence on media will likely come out at the top.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Think about this. With democracy, this girl's vote holds the same value as a vote of someone who is educated:
    The RPG Maker MV base resource has some really questionable and bizarrely sexual battlers in it. I shall use them all.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yup, some of them are extremely weird. It's just a shame that more people don't know about the set. The mecha in the set is pretty amazing.
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    The set of girls in pictures01>character2 in lots of different situations with weapons is also awesome. (just typing that I know it sounded weird...)

It could really call for a funny High school all girl battle royale kind of game. (but it might be too hard to stay on the right side of the Ecchi line, so I won't even try, might end up bad taste) 
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    The samurai/sengoku themed one are amazing too
    Probably best if the base weapon doesn't deal 3,000,000,000 damage.
    NPC
    NPC
    Just follow the FF rule of thumb- enemies now have 90 billion health.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Bigger is better, right? I mean, it's not like any big MMOs ever hit the int32 limit after some expansions or anything. *coughwowcough*
    Shaz
    Shaz
    that sounds like my kind of weapon!
    I get a huge amount of pms and emails from people asking how to make an mmo or my thoughts on aspects of an mmo. Happy to answer all correspondence, but is there somewhere I can put up an "ask me anything" thread or a FAQ or something like that? I feel like I'm answering the same questions a lot.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Shaz
    Shaz
    lol - never saw that coming [/sarcasm]

Thought it's not a tutorial, I wonder if one of those forums might be the best place?  Otherwise put it in the Support forum for the appropriate maker and check with mods whether it'd be okay to go into Tutorials.  It might also be worth reserving a couple of posts at the start if you're going to make it an FAQ.

And it probably won't reduce the amount of PMs you get.  Just sayin' ;)
    Shaz
    Shaz
    *Though* - not Thought.  I really shouldn't type until I've had my first cuppa.
    Thinking of making some kind of modular sprite battle system, almost similar to Adventure Quest, where battlers are made up of individual body parts which are then animated. Sounds like it would be a lot of work, but battles would be fully animated then. Will think about it.
    Victor Sant
    Victor Sant
    In fact i think that it is not a bad idea. Developing the system will really be a lot of work.

But once it's done, adding new sprites is pretty easy.
    kovak
    kovak
    Actually it's easier to animate and that's how it's done when adding bones.
    RoooodWorks
    RoooodWorks
    u know that can probably be done in spriter pro. that uses different body parts for u to animate it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.
Me: Man, I'm definitely burned out this time. Time for a break. Me three hours later: I'm ready to work again, let's go! Me another hour later: Okay, I can't do this anymore. Repeat for infinity.
Just got MV and am working on porting over my new game from VX Ace to it! I haven't done much with my new game so it should be pretty quick.
I was doing forge runs on D2 with my wife last night, and singing like a leprechaun to annoy her XD. I was calling it 'The Farge'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VMAndrade23