Recent content by Ellie Jane

1. Ellie Jane

Throttling or lag?

Just a note but if the laptop feels hot it means the heat removal process is doing its job as that heat isn't inside the laptop. Which might explain why it throttles before it feels hot.
  2. Ellie Jane

RMMV [MMO] Wytches and Wyverns

Evening guys, it's that time again! I have two quick videos to show you this time around, and we're moving into exciting territory with these. I really do appreciate any and all feedback (it's been a long while since this thread had any replies!) Two things to show you, then. The Class/Build...
  3. Ellie Jane

Fake Wall Collision just as Chrono Trigger

I'd second QMovement, out the box it does things like walking up stairs by using this method. All I had to do to make a staircase was make a collider that was diagonal, and the player just walks up it when you press right.
  4. Ellie Jane

Legality of RTP music remakes?

Be aware that some DLC in the store have a "no edits" clause. You're OK with the RTP, but for any downloaded content, check for this logo: If it doesn't have this you would not be OK to do what you want to do.
  5. Ellie Jane

You do, but I have found there is a time limit (probably over six months mind), so make sure you...

You do, but I have found there is a time limit (probably over six months mind), so make sure you download them.
  6. Ellie Jane

I have heard rumours of another one coming soon, too *spoilers*

I have heard rumours of another one coming soon, too *spoilers*
  7. Ellie Jane

72 hours but not just as a bump, has to be content.

72 hours but not just as a bump, has to be content.
  8. Ellie Jane

Evening guys. I now have a date for "going back to work" - potentially June 15th - but it depends what happens with the Corona Virus R value in that time. The government have said if it rises before then we won't reopen. It does mean I have at least two and a bit weeks of solid gamemaking ahead...
  9. Ellie Jane

Game & Map Screenshots 11

I remade my inventory scene, and added categories. Feedback from the old system was that it is just a huge sheet of icons making it very difficult to navigate. I also deployed larger icons for the selected item box. Note: the gif has decreased the quality somewhat. This is how it did look:
  10. Ellie Jane

@gRaViJa I honest think this is the first and only 3D RPG Maker game I've liked the look of. It looks fantastic.
  11. Ellie Jane

Should I put money into this non-commercial first time project?

Invest in things that can be used in future projects too, rather than anything specific for this one. Build up a backbone that you can then use in your next games.
  12. Ellie Jane

Windows NT 4.0!

My third ever pc was NT 4.0 (first was 3.1). Afraid I don't remember all that much about it, other than it was the first I recall to have the garish aquamarine coloured desktop.
  13. Ellie Jane

Evening guys, This weekend's work has mostly been behind-the-scenes stuff to improve performance. This includes use of preloaders, and massively rejigging graphics to be smaller in size and dimensions. I made a program (in VXa, incidently) that I can use to pull parts from different...
  14. Ellie Jane

32 bits or 16 bits ... why?

It's all tied together - 8-bit consoles use smaller sprites because they only have 8-bits to store any data, not just colours. But yeah normally in pixel art it would refer to the colour pallet.
  15. Ellie Jane

Remade my character creation scene, and the sprites used for it. Players can choose from 19 hair styles in 8 colours and 6 skin tones. I think that'll be enough to begin with. Hair styles use HSV so not loading different graphics every colour.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RPGLordLight