Andar

Awarded Medals 1

Share This Page

Andar

Veteran, from Germany

Veteran

Back online after two weeks of complete telephone/internet failure... Sep 29, 2015

1. Marquise*
      Marquise*
      Hey is that a mistake that you have the Veteran Title now instead of mod? o_O???
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Well a medal he earned! *cybermental hugs*
        Jun 3, 2018
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        He deserves the medal and to take a break from moding if that's what he needs. <3
        Jun 3, 2018
        Drenz, Marquise* and Thomas Smith like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        We like you Andar! ^^
        Jun 4, 2018
        Drenz and starlight dream like this.
    2. Camtheman
      Camtheman
      I’ve heard someone say Andar knows how to work the MOGhunter battle hud. Can you help me?
      1. Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        Please do not use Status Updates to ask Support questions like this, that is not their purpose.
        I suggest that if you need help with this, you post a thread in either plugins support or script support, depending on which engine you are using, where you can set out in detail what problem(s) you are having.
        May 21, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
    3. Marquise*
      Marquise*
      *Spontaneous cybermental hugs* Just searching somebody I wasn't showing enough often my appreciation for their job here! ^^
      1. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I seriously love Andar, very knowledgeable and professional.
        Mar 23, 2018
        Drenz and Marquise* like this.
    4. Rogade
      Rogade
      Hey, kennst du dich mit Medival aus?
      1. Kes
        Kes
        This is an English Language site, and only English can be used in public posts and Status Updates. Also, if that question is asking a Support question, please note that that is not what Updates are for. Please post in the appropriate thread.
        Feb 1, 2018
    5. Fayt84
      Fayt84
      Andar,

I happen to be making a MMORPG however there will be no real time player data as in seeing other players in the game. I am looking at JS to connect with PHP/MYSQL to update the database. Think of it as a text based browser game, all text just updating the database when you do something. Can you point me in the direction to do this? such as any RM add ons you may know of?
      2. Fayt84
        Fayt84
        Is that a user or a plugin? Thanks
        Oct 30, 2017
      3. Andar
        Andar
        Neither - a game that is linked here on the forum
        Oct 30, 2017
      4. Fayt84
        Fayt84
        Ok thank you
        Oct 30, 2017
    6. hainsay
      hainsay
      Thanks for your help working on passability. I got the sprite working. Now I'm just limited by my ability as an artist. That's bad, really, but you were a massive help!
      1. SimProse and Guiguimu like this.
    7. SwiftSign
      SwiftSign
      Thank you for your help recently (y)
    8. mlogan
      mlogan
      Stop ninja'ing me! :p

(I guess it's payback for when I do to it you. :D )
      1. Thomas Smith and Marsigne like this.
    9. walibee
      walibee
      hey, im new to this forum and i have an idea for an rpg maker game that i want to make

were do i post that idea 
      1. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Hey. If you want to post n idea for your game's story, there's a thread in general discussion. If you'e already started your game, and are looking for feedback, go into the early project feedback forum. 
        Oct 2, 2016
    10. izanagi013
      izanagi013
      i got a question how to get a ? or a ! on there head ( i don't believe that agate the rules let you know i got anger problem if you saw there a rule guess i do )
      1. Andar
        Andar
        Please post your questions in the forum, not on the profiles.

It depends on what exactly you mean by that, it could either be done as balloon command, as playing an animation on the sprite or by editing the sprite in an image program like GIMP or Photoshop
        Sep 16, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    11. izanagi013
      izanagi013
      can you tell me what forum i should be on
      2. izanagi013
        izanagi013
        i know i need a forum i need help on all i see is no help esept ( sorry not a good speller ) tags
        Aug 31, 2016
      3. izanagi013
        izanagi013
        i got vx ace 2003 mv that all i think
        Aug 31, 2016
      4. Andar
        Andar
        then search any of my posts and look at the signature, there is a link to "A starting point for new users". That tutorial is not limited to giving links on how to use the RPG-Makers, it also gives general help on a lot of other things.

After working through that tutorial, you should be able to tell us what you need help with and know where to post the questions for help.
        Aug 31, 2016
    12. Leon Kennedy
      Leon Kennedy
      I wasn't sure where to ask but what is it that still needs included on that thread to follow rules i tried to follow that page as closely as possible is the video not a substitute for the screenshots?
      1. Andar
        Andar
        please answer in the topic as I can't check what you did wrong here in my profile.

In most cases, topics are unapproved because people ignore the tagging rules.
        Aug 26, 2016
    13. Starchs
      Starchs
      Do you know how to fix this

44085.IPB
    14. chungsie
      chungsie
      no no. i am not attempting to rewrite the default dll. I looked up a script that has it's own dll for graphics. and it is hosted on this forum. so I am confused.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. chungsie
        chungsie
        ok, I apologize for my EQ, or lack there of.
        Jun 4, 2016
      4. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        Pity the topic was closed.

Sure, a natural solution would be incompatible with the EULA, but it's not like the only solutions.

There are other paths worth exploring, a better solution would have been to point out what not to follow and leave the topic open for the other possibilities.

Of course, mistakes happens, so no worries.

*hugs*

- Zeriab
        Jun 5, 2016
      5. chungsie
        chungsie
        ya I had thought that too. I have seen games that don't even use the original scripts provided with Ace. which is why I started this discussion. because I can't see the logic in it. I even asked for an accompanying script if possible. because I had assumed it would use new functions that would require a special script to work with the dll.
        Jun 5, 2016
    15. evmaster
      evmaster
      The amount of work you have done here is astonishing. I really appreciate your helpful replies. Thank you!
    16. GaretJax
      GaretJax
      Andar,

Wie geht's. The question I asked was related to PV games. MV only allows you to copy one file at a time and it is difficult to load in all the Medieval Town and Country Pack. People suggested that I should copy and paste the files into MV. However, I have not ben able to find the location of the data folders in MV. I never asked this question before. If you know please tell me, I am at a standstill in loading these files.

J. Scherzi
      1. Andar
        Andar
        You're wrong - if I go to your profile, both cases where you asked the question are visible as the two last contents under your message to me. Here are the links just in case you don't know where to watch for the content you posted yourself:

And no, that has nothing to do with the PVG resources, because the answer is independent of those resources - it doesn't matter what you want to store there, all resources are stored there. So your question does not belong under PVG products but under the general MV support.
        Apr 6, 2016
      2. GaretJax
        GaretJax
        Andar,

I certainly apologize I must have gotten confused about which forum I asked the question. My bad. Thanks for your help. Danke schoen (sorry can't put an umlaut over the O). I spent a lot of time in Germany. It is still my favorite country outside if the US. The culture, the people and food are great. I especially enjoyed the Spargel Fest in May. see you on the forums.
        Apr 6, 2016
    17. chungsie
      chungsie
      Sorry. I can't seem to find a ruby forum. I have found a chat room however.

Again I apologize. I thought it would be helpful for those members getting frustrated with the engines using Ruby, because they don't know it already. I thought general discussion was the place for topics not relevant to the makers.
    18. GameInk
      GameInk
      Hello, I was just browsing through some different forum posts and came across yours with link to your tutorials. They are a huge help and exactly what I was looking for, even if I found them kind of by accident. So just thank you for that.
    19. IzicamHD
      IzicamHD
      i did mean VX when it asked me for my primary i acidently choose the wrong one
      1. IzicamHD
        IzicamHD
        oh wait nvm
        Feb 7, 2016
    20. Andar
      Andar
      Back online after two weeks of complete telephone/internet failure...
      2. Dreadshadow
        Dreadshadow
        Welcome back. And I was wondering.
        Jan 14, 2016
      3. Andar
        Andar
        @Dreadshadow: that status was from september...
        Jan 14, 2016
      4. Dreadshadow
        Dreadshadow
        I can't stop laughint at myself. Also by coincidence I don't see you often so that's how I never checked the date. LOL I'm really a dummy! :p
        Jan 14, 2016
  • About

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Computer Programming
    Game Design
    PnP-RPG-Writer&Designer

Signature

A starting point for new users
    Bughunting
    How to use a script

Links above are fixed for the new forum, link below still out (blogs are still disabled)
    Andar's Blog for Tutorials and Tips