Recent content by Another Fen

1. Another Fen

Requesting Help w/ "Payback" Skill

You could try using ( original formula ) * (b.current_action ? 1 : 2) b.current_action refers to the next action the target has lined up. If the target has already attacked (or becomes uncontrollable) then no more lined actions exist and the condition is false. This has the side effect that it...
  2. Another Fen

parallel process won't always work as intended...

My first guess would be that the gap between two position checks might be too big. Assuming normal movement speed the player character needs 16 frames to walk one tile or 8 frames when dashing. If your conditional branch is run less frequently than that the player would be able to walk past the...
  3. Another Fen

Check if an enemy can act

One thing I forgot last time is that for the purpose of the command I posted a confused battler is still technically allowed to use all their skills (the game will just replace their actions in battle, but the player is allowed to make a party member cure their own confusion outside of combat...
  4. Another Fen

Check if an enemy can act

You could try to use this command in a conditional branch to check if a skill or item is usable: battler.canUse($dataSkills[ID]) battler: $gameTroop.members()[Index] for the index-th enemy in the troop (starting at 0) $gameParty.members()[Index] for the index-th party member (starting at 0)...
  5. Another Fen

Equipment that can reduces critical damage

It's likely there is a more comfortable solution with the Critical Control plugin you mentioned, but you could also achieve this regardless by expanding the damage formulas of all relevant items: (original formula) * (b.result().critical ? b.elementRate(12) : 1) This would multiply the damage...
  6. Another Fen

How to edit the TP formula?

You should be able to find and edit the original function if you search for it in the "rpg_objects.js" file too if you prefer that. I just generally think it's cleaner to copy these functions into a new javascript file and to do your edits there. If you have multiple versions of the same...
  7. Another Fen

How to edit the TP formula?

Hey there, If you just want to adjust the magnitude of the values, you could try to change the "TP Charge Rate" special parameter for your battlers through traits (this multiplies TP gain from both damage and items though). If you want to make deeper changes to the formula, you could try to...
  8. Another Fen

What *exactly* does Luck do?

The bonus/malus per LUK point should be 0.1% of the original chance, adding up. So in the extreme, if your state would normally have a 40% application chance, but you have a 1-LUK-actor hitting a 999-LUK-enemy, the chance is reduced to 40% * 0.2% = 0.08%. Vice versa, the enemy has a 40% * 198.8%...
  9. Another Fen

How to use note-tags?

One more thing about the regular expression from your first attempt, which was almost working: A dot in a regular expression normally matches any character except a linebreak - unless your regular expression has multi-line mode enabled (although irrelevant here, multi-line mode will still try...
  10. Another Fen

Creating an enemy that's only damaged by a critical hit

One way to modify it would be to introduce element rates into the formula, for example: (original formula) * (b.result().critial ? 1 : b.elementRate(11)) This would multiply the damage with the targets affinity to element 11 for non-critical strikes while not changing the outcome of critical ones.
  11. Another Fen

0 damages.

Hey there, The default damge formula can be a bit confusing in the manual, but generally the expected damage is calculated from two factors (ignoring elemental effectiveness, critical and guard modifiers and variance): base value = attackers ATK - targets PDEF / 2 amplification factor = 1 +...
  12. Another Fen

ModAlg Composite Characters - Variable for Hue

Might be because I messed that one up too... Fixed the code above. =) The script command would be an option to use instead of a comment, which would allow you to use Ruby code for all parameters you need without modifying the original script. So you could replace this comment for example...
  13. Another Fen

You were right, the error was on my end (again) I fear... I forgot that the method works with either a MA_Composite_Graphic object or a Hash. Which makes the example code a bit more bloated: :) if cg.is_a?(Hash) if string.include?("v41") cg[:hue] = $game_variables[41] elsif...
  14. Another Fen

Hey there, You have some right ideas here, but overall I don't think the location is ideal. You can replace a static number with a variable, but keep in mind that will only use the value of the variable at the moment that command is executed. If you want to change the system so it continuously...
  15. Another Fen

Accessing actor's status window

Hey there, You should be able to set the actor for the status/equip/skill menu by using SceneManager.push(Scene_Status); $gameParty.setMenuActor($gameActors.actor( ActorID )); That actor does not necessarily need to be in the party. Your plugin should do the trick for the main menu, but don't...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What is your favourite rpg maker plugin?
Hopefully this gets fixed before release..
Where's this sudden heatwave come from? It's not even sunny, it's just hot. Hate it!
I'm slightly disappointed that the MZ codebase still uses core.js, managers.js, objects.js, scenes.js, sprites.js and windows.js instead of core/Bitmap.js, core/Graphics.js, managers/AudioManager.js, managers/DataManager.js, etc...
just a few more hours until the toughest, most pressure 72 hours of my life, wish me luck guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcamp10565