Recent content by Anyone

1. Anyone

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #2: Graphics, Mapping, Eventing!

Sounds like a lot of that would also be very useful to have in non-horror games? I think your engine plugins would end up being quite popular if they don't focus primarily on horror, but also functionality beyond that. Take the fear system. It's basically there to handle a specific custom...
  2. Anyone

I've you manage to get the SV actors stretched/redrawn to DF size, do tell. I've been thinking about looking to find people to overhaul & continue my Tall Body Project (see sig) which creates Dark Fantasy sized sprites (but so far no SV actors yet) for a generator. Who knows, maybe the RMZ...
  3. Anyone

I'll just leave it there to keep you guessing. ;) Your word in the plugin devs ear. (Did you hear that future lighting plugin developer? I'd like one improved khas lighting system please, event & image based with a bit of regional lighting on top.) :D
  4. Anyone

Thanks, I think I've fixed it (found only one instance, though?) But yeah, MV and MZ can end up mixed surprisingly easy, sorry. Well, I hope you're right. Updated code and ease of use plus everything we have for MV would be very welcome. In this instance, I'd welcome to be proven thoroughly...
  5. Anyone

True, but also what I fear. MZ has welcome new additions, but nothing is groundbreaking (so far. I'm holding onto the hope that there's gonna be something still unannounced that'll wow me, or that the new code base will do so). You can skip some ease-of-use features and still use MVand its...
  6. Anyone

Khas Advanced Lighting v4.2 Ultra (now with real-time shadows!)

From what I understand, that is probably not possible. The plugin basically creates a black overlay to darken the map, then merges that with the light sprites to create the illumination effect. In order for those to light up the map entirely, all of these sprites are merged on a canvas that's...
  7. Anyone

Plugin Maker thread : what's your plan for RM MZ?

Depends largely on how active MZ becomes and whether enough people design the kind of plugins I need that I personally *can't* do, especially a lighting plugin to phase out Terrax Lighting or Khas' Lighting. If I don't see those pop up, then there's no way I can transition the current project...
  8. Anyone

RPG Maker MZ Preview #1: Music, Battles, Animations!

My guess would be that it's easier to draw & work with smaller characters. The larger the character, the more detail you need to add. The smaller the character, the more you can get away with. So for people who aren't pixel artists, a 48 sprite is easier to convert & work with than a 64 sprite...
  9. Anyone

OcRam - Audio_EX plugin

Doesn't work, the anti delay has functions that get in the way. For instance it seems that it buffers sound effects by directly assigning them to an event, which is why the volume & sound doesn't change. It can't change much because it gets locked in.
  10. Anyone

OcRam - Audio_EX plugin

Yeah, I went through my plugins just now and deactivated & activated stuff and it turns out that Irina's Anti Audio Delay plugin is at fault here. So for the record, if anyone wants to use the dynamic sound effects - don't use the Anti Audio Delay plugin. They don't function together. xD
  11. Anyone

OcRam - Audio_EX plugin

I've tested the new command a bit, and come upon a few problems. I created an event of a soldier that runs into a wall, then returns to his position only to run into the wall again. The first problem is that the volume of the sound is unaffected by the distance. No matter how near or far you...
  12. Anyone

OcRam - Audio_EX plugin

Mhm, it should be possible to use the script very much like a plugin manager command, shouldn't it? e.g. "maex_se(parameters);" Which could link to... maex_se = function(SfxName, distance, radius, fade) { var se = {name: "SfxName", volume: 90, pitch: 100, pan: 0}; var aex =...
  13. Anyone

OcRam - Audio_EX plugin

For movement route sound effects, it's probably better not to do BGS but just dynamic Sound effects. I don't know a situation where I'd need a looping BGS to play during a movement route, but I can absolutely see a benefit in single sound effects being launched in dynamic fashion. You could...
  14. Anyone

OcRam - Audio_EX plugin

I just realized that there's a pretty interesting feature you could add: The ability to play a sound effect via script command with parameters, much like the BGS & sound effects. One example where it would be really helpful is in movement routes of NPCs. Say you've got a blacksmith NPC who's...
  15. Anyone

What is fantasy map builder software do you used or you have an encounter that is useful?

I found inkarnate quite limited and ultimately chose wonderdraft. It's offline, allows massive maps, and has an active asset scene where users provide assets you can use in your project. It's also pretty easy to learn. https://www.wonderdraft.net/

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

11 hours of programming... Only to add two more zoom levels.
Well, that's what happens when you decide between minimap and zoom too late.

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liamia