Last Activity:
Jul 25, 2018
Home Page:
Game Developer and Artist

Share This Page

AoDLegacy

Fantasy Fanatic, Male, from Nowhere

Veteran

Day 3/30, did some map building, and then majority of the morning was updating MV and Plugins. Jun 3, 2018

AoDLegacy was last seen:
Jul 25, 2018
    1. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      Day 3/30, did some map building, and then majority of the morning was updating MV and Plugins.
      1. Marsigne and starlight dream like this.
    2. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      Starting a 30 day challenge for myself to build a game. Going well so far.
      1. Parallax Panda
        Parallax Panda
        Sounds like a good challenge. Just don't overdo it and make sure to keep the scope and quality within reasonable limits so it's doable. Try to plan out ahead how many maps you'll need etc. It helps a lot to know what you're doing next so you don't waste time starring at the screen thinking.
        Jun 1, 2018
    3. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      I'm reminded how dark my stories can be with this latest cutscene I'm coloring. Suffice to say I'm mean to characters.
      1. starlight dream likes this.
    4. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      One of two cutscenes done, rather relaxing aside from the occasional software crash >.<
      1. Marsigne likes this.
    5. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      I love The Genesis from Persona 4. Both intimidating and yet uplifting/inspirational. It's inspired a few moments in a game or two.
    6. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      Working on some of the final cutscenes for the game before the chapter update. Really excited to be getting these done.
      1. fimamati, evmaster, Nikitaw99 and 2 others like this.
    7. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      ...Boy it's been forever. I have so much catching up to do. :rswt
      1. starlight dream and Nikitaw99 like this.
    8. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      That moment you release a private playtest version instead to the public demo... I derped bad. Really bad lol
      1. View previous comments...
      2. AoDLegacy
        AoDLegacy
        No I mean, I accidentally overwrited the public demo with the private playtest edition. That version is now the version people download when they download my demo file because I host it in Dropbox. Next time I need to have a separate folder for exports before I add to the 'main' version lol 
        Sep 10, 2016
      3. Amane Kagari
        Amane Kagari
        Uh oh! >_<; I did that derp tons of times of merging files into the wrong thing. Brainfarting ftl. v_v
        Sep 10, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        It's on Dropbox. Dropbox stores each version of the file. Revert the file to the one that should be the public demo. 
        Sep 10, 2016
    9. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      Having a creative block is the worst... -_-
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. OZiO
        OZiO
        Have you tried crumpling up a bunch of papers and leaving on the floor around you? I don't think it'd help, but it'd look cool.
        Aug 19, 2016
      3. AoDLegacy
        AoDLegacy
        That often happens when I'm trying to draw a new character idea in mere futility @OZiO 
        Aug 20, 2016
    10. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      Completed the first segment of my side project, otherwise known as 'The Beginning' or 'The First Day'. Planning details for 'The Second Day'.

I'll pop a link to the YT video. Way too early in development cycle for me to make an official post. Still building the game and figuring out how I want things done. For sure still have to finalize if I want MV. This point, I'm 90% likely to buy the engine at the end of the thirty days (I like to challenge myself with a 30 day project when I buy new RPG Maker engines).
      1. 1 person likes this.
    11. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      For the longest time since I heard about MV, I didn't think much of it. ...Out of curiosity, I checked out the trailer, got super interested, and then downloaded.

I think I need this engine. Holy crap the possibilities... not the greatest fan of non XP graphics, but then again, side battle systems and making custom characters (especially ones I've only dreamed of putting into the games), now I'm really happy.

I mean, I'm already thinking of how I can resurrect my old projects with this engine. My brain is done for.
      1. 2 people like this.
    12. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      It's been three years since I've started SR:MT, June 9th 2014 was when I first announced the project. It went from being a crappy side project of a crappier main project to becoming my flagship project and the biggest learning experience of my current experience as a game designer. Most everything I learned in game design has been learned while doing this project.

So happy... ...Also annoyed it took me three years to get good enough at what I'm doing. Happy regardless.
      1. Tome571
        Tome571
        It's a journey, for sure! Nice job sticking with it.
        Aug 8, 2016
    13. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      ...Moments like this when you've realized you messed up horribly.
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        So, we'll call this the "flailing corpses" bug? XD

Always remember to change your character display, or lock movement and direction!
        Aug 4, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. AoDLegacy
        AoDLegacy
        This graphic gave me the longest trouble. Took me forever to learn about Direction Fix. Still forget to do it sometimes, as evidence shows. This was one of my more favorite bugs just from how silly it looked.
        Aug 4, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        You're not the only one. I was using a floating fireball as a placeholder and could not figure for the life of my why it changed colour sometimes when examined! Good old Direction Fix... x_x
        Aug 4, 2016
    14. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      Latest character sketch. Not related to a game, just thought I'd get opinions.

http://pre10.deviantart.net/12d0/th/pre/i/2016/063/a/a/image_by_axisofdestruction-d9tymqx.jpg
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        there is a WIP thread where you can post this for feedback.
        Mar 5, 2016
      2. AoDLegacy
        AoDLegacy
        Didn't think about it since it wasn't really project related, just a random drawing :/
        Mar 5, 2016
    15. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      Progress is inching along, gave the Dying status a proper animation (finally). Nice of that floating red skull flashing at you to tell you that you're going to die in horrible horrible ways...

32923.IPB
    16. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      I hate the tiny little bugs in events that send me scrambling down rabbitholes searching for a solution and thus wasting time better spent furthering the game, especially the ones whose solutions are stupidly obvious once you take the time to take a break and realize what a moron you are.

Think I've about bonked the last few moles on the head with a sledgehammer though, so should be able to resume story and map development now that the annoying little event moles are done digging... (please don't miss something else that needs fixing...)
      1. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        Always jump to label and isolate.
        Mar 3, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    17. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      Very happy to have finally completed what feels like a competent build of the game, though I've got plenty of work to do before the public demo is released. I'm still waiting to hear back from a few people before I continue work on the demo... Thankfully though I have a few things I can do while I wait, including beginning testing out Unity and working on some side content for the game.
    18. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      Currently I am wrapping up development for the private playtest of SR:MT. I'm really just at this point double/triple checking to make sure nothing is broken. Anyway, not as much progress done today as I would like. Anyway, how's everyone else's projects been going?
      1. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        These children won't stop lying, other than that putting them in space was the best idea yet.
        Jun 3, 2015
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        That ol' scrap-metal lantern wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Now 3/4 the entire castle staff plus the visitors who survived the... thing... are after us. Fun times. Fun times.
        Jun 3, 2015
    19. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      Welp, back after, I don't know, forever. Eternal apologies to those who displayed interest in my game, I was previously unaware people had even responded to it. (Apparently my post wasn't being watched...)
    20. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      A boss battle from my game! Still needs some tweaks though.
  • About

Home Page:
    http://www.dracowyrm.com/
    Game Developer and Artist
    About Me:
    Bit of a writer who likes making games, sometimes believe I'm crazy. Harmless, but watch out for the apples.
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hello, my name is AoDLegacy, but you'll hear me use a lot of names, AoDLegacy, AoD, DracoWyrm, and that's... ...because I'm fickle. It's usually one of those though. -Anyway! I am a passionate game developer working on fantasy rpg stories, my flagship game is Shattered Realms: Mortal Tale, which is set in one of my main settings I like writing about.

What I do
    So I'm a bit of a jack of all trades, I work on the events, the art, music, storywriting, mechanics, and balancing of the games I make, but I can't do it alone. Going into specifics though, I am great at taking the lineart from my character artist Brooke and illustrating it in digital color for use in the graphics for notable characters, I love taking up the challenge of making combat music for my games, but in some cases I may leave it to others better suited to composing than I.

As for writing, I've been working on novels, world building, since middle school, I wrote a number of online novels (which are floating around somewhere if you're motivated enough...), and from time to time, I still like to write up a few short stories here and there to flex my writing muscles. Most prominently I've been affiliated with the rp site Transcending Zenith for a number of years, but my aim now is to make a commercial product in the form of my first (fully realized, not half baked disaster) game, Shattered Realms: Mortal Tale, and my eventually coming Far East, which unlike SR:MT will be set in the RPG Maker MV engine.

If anyone is interested in networking with me, please feel free to PM me! I'm looking for more teammates to help make SR:MT as great a first title as I can. Your help would be welcomed greatly :D

Interact

Content:
    Facebook:
    ShatteredRealmsMortalTale
    Twitter:
    _DracoWyrm

Signature

DracoWyrm Media Games:

[​IMG]