Share This Page

Applesaws

Apple, Female

Currently addicted to Animal Crossing Pocket Camp.... Nov 24, 2017

Applesaws was last seen:
Nov 29, 2017
    1. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      Currently addicted to Animal Crossing Pocket Camp....
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        I determined I could catch like... 4 fish at any one time and decided to just go play a real animal crossing game. =\
        Nov 24, 2017
    2. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      People say commission prices for art are way too expensive but often they are less than min wage per hour worked :kaomad2:
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Applesaws
        Applesaws
        @MushReen 40$ is an extremely good price. They probably spend a few hours on it, probably around 4ish or more (depending on if it's full body, if it's cel or soft shaded, ect.). That's like 10$ an hour.
        Nov 22, 2017
        starlight dream likes this.
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I agree. A lot of people don't realize how long art takes. Here the minimum wage is around 11.25$/hour that's 8.85USD. Making a character & coloring it will take me several hours. Making a char walkin' Sprite can take me from 3 to 10 hours. :(
        Nov 22, 2017
      4. chungsie
        chungsie
        alot of times the people placing a comis make minimum wage, and so it is a balancing act of what one can afford and what one needs.
        Nov 23, 2017
    3. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      I've been doing figure and anatomy work. My lines are becoming more fluid and my eyes picks up on more mistakes! Slow but steady progress.
      1. Hollow 1977 and starlight dream like this.
      2. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Anatomy is hard. Glad to know you are making progress with it.
        Nov 22, 2017
    4. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      We really need to talk about free to use music/sound effects resources. Everyone uses the same ones and I can't take it seriously.
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. chungsie
        chungsie
        sometimes using the tools available is more important than exhausting resources for authentic experience. building a portfolio is more important than floundering. There are ways to make music using only audacity and household items, sames goes for sound effects.
        Nov 17, 2017
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        I... don't. o_O ...but then I have not released anything yet, so it's a wee bit of a moot point. And yes, I agree with chungsie. It's far more important to "ship" than to make the perfect game.
        Nov 17, 2017
      5. Blinn
        Blinn
        If it makes you feel any better, I worked on a game in VX Ace that used nothing but sound effects I made from scratch.
        Nov 21, 2017
    5. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      went to rate my professor for my CS class next semester and apparently he's terrible and youre pretty much on your own. Plus he teaches C.
      2. cabfe
        cabfe
        @Jonforum That's exactly what interests me in learning new languages, actually!
        Nov 17, 2017
      3. Jonforum
        Jonforum
        @cabfe ,ya well, my natal language are also french, but from Canada, and this its a good example, sometime , i have difficulty understanding the context of some sentence writing in trueFrench (france).

the mentality and culture are very different, from one continent to another.
        Same for the english USA and English England or english Canada.
        Nov 17, 2017
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Just remember, those kind of sites tend to only attract those with strong opinions...like Steam reviews.
        Nov 17, 2017
    6. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      I have much to do; an exam next week to study for, a project due in dec, an essay due tomorrow, and a review due tomorrow...I just wanna art
    7. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      I feel a lot of pressure to escape my games coming off as obviously made in RM maker. I want people to take my game seriously.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Have you made a game in RM before? You should probably only worry about that after making your first game or so, the chances of your first game being awful but useful for learning are crazy high.
        Nov 15, 2017
        Applesaws likes this.
      3. Applesaws
        Applesaws
        @Sharm Ohhh yeah nothing major but I've been using RM since way before MV came out...6-7 years on and off maybe :) lots of small projects
        Nov 15, 2017
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Ah, cool. That works then. It actually drives me nuts that people who are going custom in every other way often don't change the sounds. SE is one of those things that's a major part of identity on a subconscious level.
        Nov 15, 2017
        Blinn and Applesaws like this.
    8. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      I volunteer at a therapy farm on Tuesday afternoons and it's so great. I thought I'd hate it bc outside but afterwards I always feel good.
      1. Applesaws
        Applesaws
        Being out in the rural air, being with the animals, a couple hours of not thinking or focusing on anything other than the task at hand (shoveling the stalls, refilling water, ect.) is oddly relaxing even though it's labor.
        Nov 15, 2017
    9. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      For my final project for my art class, we can either make something in woodshop or make a 3d animation. But it has to be made using sketchup
      2. Applesaws
        Applesaws
        @Sharm you can create a scene with a camera and basically "animate" a fly through of an object. I only have like 6 seconds so far
        you can't really make the camera smooth which is annoying
        Nov 15, 2017
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Use your woodcrafting skills! I made a wooden puzzle in school. :D It wasn't very good.
        Nov 15, 2017
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Ah. Those are both odd choices for a final art project.
        Nov 15, 2017
    10. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      I'm having really weird and horrible issues with MV -_-
    11. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      anyone else in uni being forced to use the abomination that is webassign for math work
      2. Applesaws
        Applesaws
        @Ms Littlefish It counted me wrong for accidentally using a capital x instead of a lowercase one
        Nov 14, 2017
        Ms Littlefish likes this.
      3. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Yup. That's about what I remember.
        Nov 14, 2017
        Applesaws likes this.
      4. Enigma_Productions
        Enigma_Productions
        I remember typing the right answer and it said I was wrong then showed me exactly the same thing I typed in.
        Nov 14, 2017
        Ms Littlefish and Applesaws like this.
    12. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      CLIP TOOL STUDIO HAS A GRID SYSTEM It's literally right there didn't realize it this whole entire time.
      1. Applesaws
        Applesaws
        I've been a fool generating grids in paint.net to use as an overlay it was right freakin there yall I'm so dumb. Anyway Clip Tool Studio > every other art programs I've ever used
        Nov 14, 2017
      2. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        Why demean yourself just because you found something out you didn't know before?
        Nov 14, 2017
      3. Applesaws
        Applesaws
        @FleshToDust my stubborness to refuse to ever look at product overviews, tutorials, or guides and just throwing myself into programs LOL. This kind of thing has happened many times and I never learn
        Nov 14, 2017
    13. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      Making sprites for dragonbones is weird; having every aspect (arms, legs, head) in different layers is harder than I thought :rswt2:
      2. Archeia
        Archeia
        Welcome to skeletal animation
        Nov 13, 2017
        Applesaws likes this.
      3. Dirge
        Dirge
        If you want smoother animation, practice using meshes and weighted bones with your images. You can make very detailed, smooth movements with it!
        Nov 13, 2017
      4. rondchild
        rondchild
        You just need a will power to make it!
        Good luck, anyway
        Nov 13, 2017
    14. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      I found a style of making custom tiles that I can actually do but it might be ugly. Is it better to be ugly than to use default:kaoback:
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        That's a great debate question for general discussion. I don't think it's possible to get a short and succinct answer. Personally, no, ugly is ugly, but using some of the free stuff goes a long way towards not being default.
        Nov 13, 2017
      2. Amysaurus
        Amysaurus
        I think an ugly art style can work if it looks intentional (e.g. if the whole game is a bit grungy). Otherwise it just looks, well, ugly.
        Nov 13, 2017
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Ugly is still ugly if it doesn't have a selling point
        Nov 13, 2017
    15. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      redo button when
      1. Nutty171 likes this.
    16. Applesaws
      Applesaws
      Really ready for this semester to end!
      2. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        numbers will never betray you.
        ... or cheat on you or take advantage of you... or... wait this is getting kind of dark.
        Nov 10, 2017
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        @FleshToDust You're beginning to sound like a Math Super Villain. :p
        But I'm afraid numbers can cheat you & take advantage of you when you're gambling. :(
        Nov 10, 2017
      4. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        Well that's true. They can give you hope and then take everything away from you in an instant!
        Nov 10, 2017
        bgillisp and starlight dream like this.
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Game Design, Programming, Digital Art