Last Activity:
Jul 19, 2018 at 10:03 AM
Birthday:
Sep 11, 1991 (Age: 26)

Share This Page

AquaDog

Need to work harder!, Male, 26

Veteran

Pen has a habit of drawing before touching the tablet. Requiring restart to fix. I need to draw lots on my day off, it sucks when it does it Jul 19, 2018 at 12:05 AM

AquaDog was last seen:
Jul 19, 2018 at 10:03 AM
    1. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      Pen has a habit of drawing before touching the tablet. Requiring restart to fix. I need to draw lots on my day off, it sucks when it does it
      1. View previous comments...
      2. AquaDog
        AquaDog
        It's a wacom tablet - lately it's been acting like its clicking and dragging just above the surface. Makes drawing with it tedious, and has a tendency to delete tools in the worst cases or just moving them around.
        Jul 19, 2018 at 3:43 AM
      3. Owltears
        Owltears
        What I do when my wacom doe that is go to Services, look for wacom services/ Wacom professional, and restart it. It normally takes a few minutes to reboot the tablet back but it fixes the issue about 9/10 times
        Jul 19, 2018 at 7:16 AM
        AquaDog likes this.
      4. AquaDog
        AquaDog
        I had tried that before - but while looking it up today, I was reading about pen problems, so I think its more of the pen's issue then the tablet. I think its getting stuck in "click mode" from being pressed too hard.
        Jul 19, 2018 at 8:03 AM
    2. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      I ended up making some useful self scripts today - but I really, really, just want to finish - but I keep learning - too much info going in!
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        later you realized you awfully design your self script while making a game, you want to rewrite it but it's already integrated in your game, and u hate both urself and ur game.

p.s: it happened to me.
        Jul 18, 2018 at 8:03 AM
        Marsigne and AquaDog like this.
      3. AquaDog
        AquaDog
        Yeah, I could have stopped at the log "weak/resist" displays because that was needed - all the state effect testing I could have skipped, because victor had that covered - and my state animation system turned out to have some major kinks later on.
        Jul 18, 2018 at 9:28 AM
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Or you write a script that you think works only to learn after you release a demo that your script had a critical bug that causes actors to permanently lose stats if they were KO'd which caused players to have actors with 2 ATK and MAT at the end of your demo.

PS: That happened to me.
        Jul 18, 2018 at 10:59 AM
    3. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      with global variables comes global responsibility. (I hope they don't count towards the 10 variable rule though!)
      1. Scythuz likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. AquaDog
        AquaDog
        Yeah, I get what you mean - I think the game can survive without player "achievements" - though hopefully all the stuff using the game variable terrain/region checks + common event is ok, because I'd be in trouble then.
        Jul 18, 2018 at 12:16 AM
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Well, there's only one way to find out :D
        Jul 18, 2018 at 12:19 AM
      5. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        can I read a variable named $responsibility as "global responsibility"?
        Jul 18, 2018 at 2:26 AM
        AquaDog likes this.
    4. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      I'm unsure if I'm going to have time to animations for all the attacks - but I can't just mishmash custom + default animations can I.
      1. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Default animation isn't bad. It just overused that I begain to hate it lol.
        Jul 15, 2018 at 9:30 PM
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        You can mishmash them, but need to do it cleverly.
        Jul 15, 2018 at 9:54 PM
    5. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      Ugh, just a few more battlers to draw - but I'm kind of drained lately, and my jobs been getting tough. But so clooooose...come on armmmms
    6. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      getting close to the end, hoping things don't get to stressful so I can meet the month goal. I feel like I missed the point of the map chal.
    7. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      Playing with animating sprite effects - it's not so bad, but is easy to loose track of script bits in there.
    8. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      Should be finishing the last leg of game - but messing with script instead. It's kind of addicting.
    9. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      Got a custom script visual battler kind of working - every actor is just the same battler sprite right now, but still I'm happy.
      1. Mystic_Enigma likes this.
    10. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      I really need to thank the guys and gals that help out on the script support forum - I learned so many neat things thanks to you.
      1. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Great, now release a custom script :D
        Jul 7, 2018
        AquaDog likes this.
      2. AquaDog
        AquaDog
        Haha, I think I might actually have a custom script that might be worth sharing, now that I get - though I want to get my one map challenge done first.
        Jul 7, 2018
    11. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      Okay, I think I'm making too much stuff for a one map game, I need to slow down on the enemies/party - I just need to finish this.
      1. Sauteed_Onion and Marsigne like this.
    12. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      drawing the final things has been going okay - but its taking awhile . Brain wants to make things more complicated - please stop brain.
    13. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      Why has it taken me this long to realize you can use a key press + move route to make a No Clip function for super fast testing.
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      2. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        To be fair, I hadn't known that was a fact for the longest time and I don't think it's blatantly mentioned. I think I discovered it on accident way back when? :v
        Jun 30, 2018
        AquaDog and starlight dream like this.
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        I still don't know about it. Uh, until now. Thanks!
        Jun 30, 2018
    14. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      The Map is almost done, hoping this can get done by next month. So close to the end it hurts. Even though its not a super big deal.
      1. RachelTheSeeker
        RachelTheSeeker
        As they say in game development, the last 10% is the last 90%. For the only game I'd ever finished, I kinda rushed the last bits of it after coming back months later because I was like "forget it, let's just get this over with".
        Jun 30, 2018
        AquaDog likes this.
    15. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      I feel like an idiot, I overlooked all my common events are parallel processes - they can all just be one big event...
      1. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        Dogs. Meow.
        Jun 28, 2018
        starlight dream, AquaDog and Marsigne like this.
    16. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      welp, just realized that both common and in game events count for the 10 map challenge. Guess I failed. Will still finish anyway I guess.
      1. Marsigne and The Stranger like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Yeah, you still managed to finish making a working map. :)
        Jun 28, 2018
    17. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      Managed to fix the map luckily, just needed a break. Once that's done I can start drawing the battlers which I'm looking forward too.
      1. Marsigne and Sauteed_Onion like this.
    18. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      Bleh. My one Map challenge is getting too complicated. I might have to scrap most of the map and start over.
      1. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Will you change the map or the whole game idea?
        Jun 26, 2018
        AquaDog and Marsigne like this.
    19. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      Testing out how to get the battler slide effect I have to play sound. Put "=" instead of "==" and the sound kept playing on itself. RIP ears
      1. Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Heh yup. Assignment (=) is not the same as comparison (==)!
        Jun 25, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
    20. AquaDog
      AquaDog
      So far what I'm learning from the one map attempt is building a world around your game - and how to make a single event act like ten.
      1. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Yep. That's the basics of cutscene building. Having one event that basically runs all of them.
        Jun 23, 2018
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        It's a good type of challenge to explore the maker's basics, and see how much can be done with eventing and variables.
        Jun 23, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      3. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        I am working on my first cut scene and got to say I am having more fun with it than I expected.
        Jun 23, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Sep 11, 1991 (Age: 26)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Interests:
    Drawing, Animating, Dogs, Seals/Sealions