Recent content by arcadekitten

1. arcadekitten

RPG MV: Disable Enemy Select?

I saw someone ask this question here a long time ago but it doesn't seem they got any answers, so I thought I'd try asking! When in battle, RPGMaker asks to player to select an attack and then select an enemy to use it on. I understand this for when there's a group of enemies on the screen...
  2. arcadekitten

NPC Dialogue Shop

YES!! That fixed it, thank you so much! And thank you for telling me what it does, too. I was under the impression it had to be filled out for the common event to run at all, so this really helps, thank you! : )
  3. arcadekitten

NPC Dialogue Shop

To be extra certain, I actually tried opening a new test game with no plugins except this one and wound up with the same result. Everything works properly, but when I exit out of the shop menu after having already talked to shopkeeper once before, the common event for "talk" repeats again before...
  4. arcadekitten

NPC Dialogue Shop

Hope I'm not distracting too much from any other help requests, but I'm having a slight issue with this plugin that I can't seem to figure out... I've been able to get everything working the way it should so far, but with one small problem involving the "Talk" feature. If I enter into the...
  5. arcadekitten

RMMV Yanfly Main Menu Manager: Show menu option depending on if an actor is in your party?

Yes, thank you!! This worked perfectly! I had been trying other similar lines of code but this is the one that worked, thank you so much! :kaojoy:
  6. arcadekitten

RMMV Yanfly Main Menu Manager: Show menu option depending on if an actor is in your party?

Hello! I've been trying to figure out Yanfly's Main Menu Manager, and I only kinda understand it? So far I've been able to have it do what I want, but I'm having trouble with a specific issue now and I was wondering if anyone knew a solution! Essentially, in this project, I want to add a menu...
  7. arcadekitten

Making a calculator(and using it for an elevator?)

I just think it'll be fun to have the player stop and think for a moment before deciding what floor they want to go to! Just a fun little quirk and something different, y'know? :-) Do you have any advice for how I would event this, such as what the variables would have to be and how it would...
  8. arcadekitten

Making a calculator(and using it for an elevator?)

Hi everyone! So...this might be a weird one. I don't even know if it's possible, but it's an idea I had and I thought it would be fun if I could get it to work. It's as the title reads, I want to make a working calculator, and be able to have it function for an elevator mechanic! So for...
  9. arcadekitten

Is it possible to create character profiles, and have them show up as their own feature in the in-game menu?

Thanks! It seems a little more stat-based than I need it to be, but I'll definitely look into it!
  10. arcadekitten

Is it possible to create character profiles, and have them show up as their own feature in the in-game menu?

Thank you so much, this is definitely worth looking into! I'm excited to check it out! I've never seen it before!
  11. arcadekitten

Hey everyone! I'm looking for help with something that seems pretty advanced and I am still only just a beginner, heh. But it's an important part of my game, so I'd really like to be able to implement it, even if I have to find work-arounds! Basically, I want to be able to create my own...
  12. arcadekitten

How to make a door open and reveal an NPC behind it?

Wait, what? But I'm pretty sure that was the problem I was having before. I needed the Set Event Location because I needed the NPC on the same tile the Door is on, or else the NPC just appears above the door. -- Alright, I tried going back into the system and was able to make it work by having...
  13. arcadekitten

Oh, wait, so like this? This is all I have for the NPC event. If I place the "Set Event Location" in a different, separate event, it doesn't change the problem either.
  14. arcadekitten

NPC intro is on the map in this position, now with a "Set Event Location" to appear on the same tile as where the Door/Elevator Event is. When the doors open, the NPC is now standing in that open doorway, which is intended. The NPC then needs to move out of the doorway by walking down into the...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here is an work in progress (unfinished as of now) Music Album i'm making:

The songs are entirely made with this site:

Please tell me what you think about each song!
The game's already out there. Now what?
It has now gotten to the point where I need detailed excel spreadsheets to track where every individual enemy on the map is, what type of enemy they are and how many rooms you need to pass through to make them respawn.

I'm simultaneously proud of my diligence and would never wish this torture on even my worst enemies. :kaoswt2:
Variation two of my nameless protagonist- now with color!!
WIN_20220815_21_48_46_Pro.jpg
thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elwetritsche