Arcmagik
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It has been a slow couple of weeks... but ever slowly I am getting into the new rhythm of having a second dog. Hopefully I will be able to return more attention to RPG Maker again. I have so much to do and the list is growing.

1. Complete the AMPS (Arcmagik's Party System) Common Event.

2. Submit Writing Samples that were supposed to be submitted a week ago.

3. Rework my Early Feedback and Project Recruitment threads (been on the backburner for a few weeks now).

4. Get back to work on Legion Saga MV

5. Start to learn Pixel Art now that I feel like I've reached a "reasonable" level of skill with mapping. (Still need to learn lighting / shadows though!)

6 Something something something

7. Profit
    Yesterday I was super excited about having time to work with RPG Maker then things started going astray. Now after 5 hours of overtime I can finally go home to take a nap... maybe then I'll be able to work on Legion Saga MV.
    Finally the weekend which means let the infinite gameworks begin again (not really infinite but I was thinking of Fate/Zero Infinite Bladeworks for some reason). Now to just resist the urge to use a plugin to change my grid to 32 x 32 so I can use Mack sprites!
    I had been away from RPG Maker for a full two weeks which is a week more than I planned but once I got my computer moved to a new room last night... BOOM the maker bug was still there. I was afraid I lost it. Worked on some more Legion Saga maps and went to work on a party changing event system... Stupid me and my big mouth! I need it for my game anyways so I may as well put pur work into it.
    I just have to vent about adulting... it has kept me from RPGMaking which annoys me! Next vacation I take is going to be in front of the computer! Ha.
    Arcmagik
    Arcmagik
    @mlogan I know right! I took a week off and did things so I expected to get back into RPG Maker this weekend... still haven't even booted my computer up!
    taarna23
    taarna23
    RPG... maker... things... oh! That stuff I get to do when I'm not packing and moving and arranging other horrible related things.

I think I remember what those are.

Sigh.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Ditto! I already have plans to spend my 4 week winter break mostly in front of the computer working on the game.
    Added some screenshots to Twitter today and had a short conversation with the man behind the original Legion Saga on Twitter so I consider it a good morning! Now I am just packing and preparing things for the next week that I will be away.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Is that game a good one then? I got into the rpg maker scene only a few years ago so not really familiar with a lot of the older games; had to google search it to find out what it was.
    Arcmagik
    Arcmagik
    From everything that I have seen it is considered one of the classic but it definitely has the dated graphics and mapping style to it. However LS2 is the real gem of the trilogy... and LS3 some people love and some people hate.
    That moment when you look at the Introductions/Farewells section and your name is listed as the last poster in 5 threads... and over 9 times in the first page... Maybe I post to much...
    Reactions: fiddlesticks
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Nothing wrong with welcoming people; in fact its something a lot of us could probably do more. Don't be afraid to give your thoughts in other threads as well like Game mechanics.
    I've become unhealthy obsessed with Mack Sprites... to the point that it sent me into a brief tailspin where I spent an evening gathering up all these mack sprites I could find as well as looking over VX Ace scripts... but I got myself under control and focused back to my MV project.
    Faye Valentine
    Faye Valentine
    You gotta love FSM sprites. If I could pixel art, I'd definitely make all my sprites in that format.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Faye, seriously, don't be afraid to try. I never thought I'd be able to make a sprite, but I just started with figuring out to recolor things like hair, then would try things like swapping clothes, then on to small edits... it all helped me learn the "construction" of sprites. I'm still not great (I don't think so anyway) but I can make custom sprites - somewhere I never thought I'd be.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I'm actually a fan of the chibi look, not that I dislike tall sprites. Idk the chibi style seems more reminiscent of older rpgs to me.

@Faye Valentine Definitely give editing a try (assuming whatever material you are working with allows edits) you can even find bases to work off of so you don't have to make everything from scratch.
    My job is really cramping my game making right now... lol. Especially while I am sitting here mindlessly doing research on trucking companies in various cities.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    You'll be able to make the best trucking game around! All the characters can be different types of trucks and they have to transport goods between different cities but are attacked by truck fighting monsters and rival truck companies.
    Arcmagik
    Arcmagik
    Haha. Funny you mention that as I am friends with the guy that wrote Brotherhood of the Wheel (also Nightwise, Six-Gun Tarot, and Shotgun Arcana) I bet I could get some good notes to do that!
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Make it happen and I'd play it!
    Day 3 of 5 a.m. wake up calls... send help. At least the coffee is hot and the place is calm.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Coffee and quiet is the best way to start the day, imo.
    Arcmagik
    Arcmagik
    @mlogan jokes aside I am enjoying it. This morning I finished up the last event for the beginning scenario of the demo. Created my clean up list for that scenario (rebalancing fights, adding the boss fight, adding battlebacks for that map, etc) but otherwise I am done. It is time to move onto the next map and it's events!
    Trying to update certain habits of mine so here I am 6 hours into my day because I woke up at 5 a.m. however that did provide me with some opportunities to work on the intro to my Legion Saga MV demo some more before I had to get my son up for school. Yay progress!!
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I hear you, getting a good sleep schedule is one of my biggest problems.
    Arcmagik
    Arcmagik
    I had a decent sleep schedule... I was usually getting atleast 6 hours a night because of my day job but even getting up at 6 when my seven year old has to be on the bus at 7:13 am... Everything felt really chaotic and like I didn't have enough time this year. Plus I am trying to get back into better eating habits and exercise so I will need that time to prepare stuff... You'd think after all these years I would have this adulting stuff down by now but I don't. Plus I can get in some RPG Maker timr while I am fresh not after 8 hours of work.
    I actually did a considerable amount of work yesterday due to testing @[502:mad:Yanfly] grid-free doodads (see the maps thread). I finished the first room of Bargon Castle (like 100% complete) and Seimu too. 2 maps in one day!?! Thanks grid-free doodads!

Also really started playing around with Fonts and the message window... also courteous of Yanfly. I like it!
    I am currently in awe at Yanfly's Grid-Free Doodads... making new Doodads from Tilesets are so easy. I've already converted some of Pandamaru's trees to Doodads and they work like a charm on Layer 5. This plugin is going to change the mapping game!
    I mean... between my recruitment thread... my early game thread... making an avatar face in the generator... finding the Status updates... and now I actually put more to my profile... I feel like a real boy! (Pinocchio reference...)
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Congrats Pinnoch! Be careful with them status updates; easy to get lost in conversation lol.
    Arcmagik
    Arcmagik
    I imagine I could spend a lot of time in statuses if Facebook and all that is any indication... 
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Its easy around here because there are so many cool people!
    It has been a slow RPG Maker week for me... and the trend will likely continue as I have a wedding to attend tomorrow... a possible photography job about 2 hours away on Sunday morning... then I pick up my son from his mother's house and the work week starts over again. My activity until after my wedding/honeymoon in October might start to die down... but fear not as I will return... None of you really know me so won't really be worried about this, but I like to pretend you do,. Don't take this away from me!

And that is my Status Update... I should have never found this thing.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. I feel like I have the exact opposite interests in storytelling as everyone else.
You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.
Once again have another case of an Android user losing all of their save files for all of my games after a single game update. Apparently even Yanfly's Save Core can't prevent it. Very frustrating.
Question! If anyone here has any of the Time Fantasy tiles, or the Omega Modern one, do they include character templates/bases/whatever the term is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
x01010110x