Arctica
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• My home state baseball team is going back to the World Series for the first time since 1999. I remember when they went in 1995 and won, that was like the best day of my life. (I'm a huge baseball fan and yes I'm talking about the Braves).
    Reactions: Quexp
    Arctica
    Arctica
    Edit: Nevermind...
    KenKrath
    KenKrath
    As a former Jays fans congrats. I'll be rooting for the Braves all the way because of Alex Anthopoulos. I'm not a Jays fan currently because of the way Anthopoulos left the Jays.
    Quexp
    Quexp
    @Philosophus Vagus - you might try playing some of it with her. She may have lost much of her memory but you'd be surprised what comes out of the blue on occasion. Even if she can't follow a game anymore, she might get a few joyful moments out of it. :)
    Reactions: KenKrath
    Had to clean up disk space because Windows Updates was having my primaries' disk space for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I guess the clean up thingy doesn't work or something because there were 15gigs of old update files in it.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    am I the only one who still runs a Vista system that only ever crashed once in a significant manner, and recovered within the hour?
    how many crashes did W10 report in it's first month of existence?
    Arctica
    Arctica
    @gstv87 - I've heard horror stories about Vista, BUT if I had my way, I'd still be running Windows 7(the last version before forced updates started).
    gstv87
    gstv87
    @Arctica oh, I was one of the many people to bash it when it came out, comparing it to XP at the time.... but it stood on it's own quite alright.
    I've been meaning to upgrade to W7, but I need to test it on this computer, and I'm missing a cable to link it to an external drive. Apparently it's been discontinued and it's hard to come by.
    Once I know it can run on this rig, I'm switching.
    Been thinking of changing the content of my game, or rather than element that it'll revolve around. Reason? Can't think of any more ice-ish names for characters. Arctica herself will remain in the game but may no longer be the main character, more like a major support character.
    So here are my side effects:

1. Sir Sore Arms A lot is back.
    2. Massive body wide energy drain.
    3. Lt. Commander Pounding Headache - probably trying pull energy reserves due to #2.
    4. Cold despite lots of clothes on.
    5. General pain everywhere.
    6. Nelson appearing out of no where and going HA HAAAAAA
    7. Some heart pain.
    8. High temperature.
    Well, fully vaccinated now. I guess I'll find out what in a few hours what the side effects are heh. The first shot put my left arm though so much hell that it was unusable for a day.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    It is just a dangerous precedent that doesn't protect anyone anyway. The 'pandemic of the unvaccinated' makes no sense. If the vaccine works then the unvaccinated would only be a danger to themselves, if it doesn't work in the traditional sense or against some of the variants (as Israel seems to indicate) then segregating society is a pointless scapegoat at best.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @The Stranger most don't, its really only chains that try enforcing it, I can go to the local coop or head shop or the bargain bins without a problem. It comes down to whether or not the governor of your state tres to enforce the blatantly illegal mandate or not if chains even enforce it, half the country you don't have to worry, and the other half not everyone goes along and its largely unenforced.
    Arctica
    Arctica
    There's no card(yet) and it's on record here. As for the political climate surrounding it, I'd rather not get into that. Washing hands and wearing masks is the safest thing to do and you're visibly being considerate of others health and life.
    ..So Facebook is down, and is currently the way I could contact my mom. >_>
    gstv87
    gstv87
    @Soulrender screw *cell*phone.... what happened to *land line*!?
    Arctica
    Arctica
    @Philosophus Vagus - I've been using Facebook since 2008. I don't know how bad it is as I stick to my Skyrim, FF, and Falcons group and use it to keep contact with my mom who lives an ocean away, and my long time friend from FFXI who lives in the UK. She is old and not tech savy, I can't really teach her to use other communication venues from where I am.
    Arctica
    Arctica
    Though I suppose I need to look into a way that is easy for a 65 year old, before trolls do get Facebook shutdown for good(honestly I doubt Mark would allow that to happen, not with having so much stock in it).
    Nevermind..
    Redeye
    Redeye
    I hope there's a serious downside to using these revival skills, cuz they sound incredibly powerful
    Arctica
    Arctica
    Edit: Forget it.
    Time to take a little break from the project to work on another for Skyrim. Shouldn't take too long, as it's just fulfilling an easy to do request(more than likely I'll get beaten to the punch but...) this also gives me an excuse to play Skyrim again LOL.
    Ok.. coding what should be a simple "everyone is petrified and therefore dead, now go to game over screen" shouldn't involve needing to become Dr. J and dunking from the free throw line(my way of saying "jumping through hoops").
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    Code:
    Game_Unit.prototype.isAllDead = function() {
        var memNum=this.aliveMembers().length;
        return !memNum || this.aliveMembers().filter(member => member.isStateAffected(X)).length==memNum;
    };
    where X is the ID of your petrified state.
    Arctica
    Arctica
    Thanks for that. I attempted something similar yesterday but didn't test because I burned out after testing everything else(hence my complaint).

JavaScript:
    ; was a rewritten version of aliveMembers
    Game_Unit.prototype.petrifiedMembers = function() {
       return this.members().filter(member => member.isPetrified());
    };
    ..of the major old school series that began in the 80s- early 90s, I still haven't beaten 'a' Zelda game. Mario 64 was the first Mario I've beaten. I don't know if I should give that honor to Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds(I currently own both). Well technically I've haven't beaten a Sonic either (Game Genie doesn't count =P).
    watermark
    watermark
    I recommend A Link to the Past if you're going for old school completion. I think it's one of those games that aged well.
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    LTTP is actually the only Zelda game I've beaten.
    Arctica
    Arctica
    Yeah I think LTTP is fittng.. that was the game me and my late dad were playing when I was little.
    When doing a map or whatever, kind of wish you could round out some parts.
    Tiamat-86
    Tiamat-86
    would love rivers and cliffs to look more rounded instead of just 90degree corners
    Quexp
    Quexp
    I believe FSM (woods & cave set) has rounded corners! Someone used that set in the Map Madness challenge and it made a nice difference! At least I think it was that set. I have it so can double check later on. :)
    WE ARE THE BORG. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS WILL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
    Well today was blown away with nothing to show for it. I made a new character to my game who I was going to have a protection mechanic where he protects my main character randomly unless it's a critical, and no matter what, to check if an attack received will be critical, means checking the apply method. This means rewriting the entire method and I refused to do that.
    Arctica
    Arctica
    Refusal is due to future issues with the method, if I do so as I'll need it when I recreate my barrier spell. I'll have to design another form of protection for my character. (Also apply is the method to apply the target, so this is not to be confused with function.prototype.apply())
    Zombie status is now complete. I didn't have to do much in the way of changing how healing is applied to undead targets, was just a simple 3 line code. I thought I had to overhaul Game_Action lol. Everything else was doable by events. So.. Zombie: You turn undead. Your element changes to darkness. You're weak to light, you're strong to physical attacks and healing hurts you and revival items will kill you.
    I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.
    It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
    Quexp
    Quexp
    Whatever it is, good luck and have fun! I guess I should say I hope you had fun since it will be over by the time you see this. :)
    Arctica
    Arctica
    It was my birthday and yes I did have fun.
    Note to self: The avatar size thingy of this forum software stretches the dimensions to make it fit the max size.
    So balancing combat damage, etc. I actually loaded up FF7(original) to do a couple of battles at the train station see how the flow is in early going fights and maybe I can learn from that. Also checking out some damage formulas from Suikoden 2 and found one for magic that I can use.
    Dobberman
    Dobberman
    No, plz, don't do that!
    I can't say anything for Suidoken, but don't play FF7 to study balance.
    Final Fantasy 7 is one of my favorite RPG game, but the game is not a good example of balance. This game you can finish only spamming attack.
    Try something more actual to balance, specialy games with constant patches. That's my 50 cent.​
    Arctica
    Arctica
    I will sudy Suikoden 2 because it has simpler damage equations. Indeed FF7 becomes lopsided about halfway through the game when attack damage outpaces magic damage thereby making it pointless to even use it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A certain person better sell his stock while he still can, because it looks like it's going to take an unrecoverable nose dive.
7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.
Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?
I don't know what I'm doing :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bratio