Arctica
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Alright, so if you ever wanna make a barrier spell that takes damage in the place of the player, just know that you have to account for what I call "spill over damage", that is, when the damage dealt will be greater than the barrier's remaining health. So you want the spill over damage to be directed at the player. This is kind of similar to FFXI's Stoneskin(you receive "spill over damage").
    Reactions: Finnuval
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Yep. Usually this is just done by using a "max" function on two arguments: one is the incoming damage minus the amount of the barrier; the other is zero. If the incoming damage is greater than the barrier, the target will lose some HP (this is "spillover damage"). Otherwise, they will lose zero HP, as the barrier absorbed everything.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I personally think that barrier should not have spillover damage to make it even worth using. Think of the barrier like a common plot device when you were saved by an amulet in your chest when you were being attacked :p
    Arctica
    Arctica
    If I approach this logically instead of analytically,then yes there shouldn't be spill over. The spell is called Arctic Wall, and is basically a big wall of ice(not literally). Ice will shatter and absorb all the force, protecting whoever is behind it. That actually is a good description to give it ha, I'll go with that.
    Going to put off working on my barrier skill for now since there's a bug that after several days now I can't seem to fix. I got other (much easier) stuff to do.
    Arctica
    Arctica
    Solved it by using a common event to assign the desired value to the property and then have the plugin take care of the rest. Now it's just doing something about NaN 'damage' that pops up when the damage incurred will be more than the remaining barrier hp.
    autodidact
    autodidact
    Wow, you don't use anyone else plugins. At all? That's amazing, and bold. I like it.
    I've worked on a few of my own plugins, but I'm not proficient enough for my game to survive off just them.
    Glad you mostly solved your problem!
    Arctica
    Arctica
    I have downloaded some to see their sources as that's another way of learning, other than that, I feel like I'm not giving myself a chance by using other people's code to do what I want.
    Finally getting somewhere now. I'm working on a barrier spell that will eventually replace HP until it incurs enough damage that it breaks. Achieving that part is still far away but progress is made on the implementation front. So far I can: Set the base wall hp's health, use it in a damage formula via a.wallHp, restrict its hp not go above the player's maxhp.
    It's really not fun burning 4 hours looking at code and trying certain things and getting no where.
    Arctica
    Arctica
    I tried from actor.actorId === 9, and even $gameActor, and (this one Im sure wasn't syntacitly correct) actor.actorId(9). Game_Actor.prototype.initializer does what it says but as I found out, the database stuff is not filled yet until Game_Actor.prototype.setup is called.
    autodidact
    autodidact
    This works to grab the attack parameter from RPG MV database on actor 1.
    $gameActors.actor(1).atk

I assume you could add a new property to it and set it by simple declaration $gameActors.actor(1).customP = 100;

Wait, are you using MZ? :oops: I'm just going to back out of this conversation, I only have a MV license.
    Arctica
    Arctica
    There's only a few differences between the two and of course some of the core scripts aren't forward/backwards compatible.
    Well. Looks like I need to redo the entire battle system in order to have the things I want in it. Also I'd like to say that console.log() is the greatest function in Javascript XD.
    autodidact
    autodidact
    Since, I'm already here...

I know what you mean. I used to use JS alert() function for web pages, but that interrupts the work flow as it halts the page.

I know I shouldn't but sometimes I use console.error() just so I can have a color notice that my code is actually being called. I remove once I know it is successful.
    Arctica
    Arctica
    I use it to see when and how the core functions are called and am able to deduce their functionality from there. I got comments all over the rmmz_objects.js.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...
Fricken hell! I dropped a bowl with mac and spam on my brothers floor, and was going to put leftover mac with whatever was still safe in there. It was only after I added the leftover mac that my brother told me he put floor noodles in there, now I wasted my planned dinner for tomorrow!
How to make a cool character 101: Create a messy plot, make the character said "all according to the plan", then somehow the problem is solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schwarzohr