Recent content by Arctorius

1. Arctorius

How to make conditional status effects/ailments

Yeah, I tried it and is a bit finicky. I was thinking that another option was through battle events using YEP's base troop events plug-in and scripting all the adding and removal of states. I don't know anything about scripting though, so this is more of a hunch from my part.
  2. Arctorius

How to make conditional status effects/ailments

Thanks for checking this thread! Like the title says, Is there a way to add conditions to the status effects a character or enemy can acquire? What I'm trying to make is, for example, you have a skill that applies "Poisoned", but if the target already has the "Poisoned" state it instead applies...
  3. Arctorius

How to have shorter health bars?

Yeah, that seemed to work. Thanks a bunch!
  4. Arctorius

How to have shorter health bars?

Hey guys, I was looking at a sample project and found it had shorter health bars. I know, awespiring, but I really liked how it looked and tried recreating it. I looked at the plug-ins' parameters, long story short, even with all plug-ins off, the bar was still short. So, perhaps is something...
  5. Arctorius

Using plug-ins at times feels like playing reverse jenga...

Using plug-ins at times feels like playing reverse jenga...
  6. Arctorius

Garbled Custom Text

So, I uploaded a game and one of my players told me that the the text appeared garbled and therefore unreadable. I gave him a general reinstall the game, reinstall the font and that solved the problem, mostly. Now only "i", "l", and "L" appear wrong. I have many plugins, most of them Yanfly's...
  7. Arctorius

Heal dead and alive members

I found the problem! Now I feel like a real idiot, I added the action sequence pack 1 and it finally worked. For a skill/item that only heals one dead/alive party member what should I put in the notetags? I tried this and didn't work <Whole Action> remove state 1: target action effect: target...
  8. Arctorius

In your notes did you use just <Whole Action> or did you added also the others <Action>s? Because in mine it isn't working.
  9. Arctorius

Thanks for replying after I took my time to answer you! It seems it didn't work for me. When I use the move it makes the "hero collapse" sound in the middle of the reviving animation and remains the knocked out. I also have Himeworks' Custom Death State, and tried using objects to remove those...
  10. Arctorius

I can't seem to get the hang of it, in the target typing section it says "You may notice that in some of the actions below will say 'refer to target typing'", but then it doesn't refer to any targets except in action effect. I'm not using sideview mode, so I don't know what changes in the...
  11. Arctorius

Thanks, I'll give it a try! I've a question. Does it also work with items?
  12. Arctorius

Thanks, but DeadorAliveItem was the plug-in that wasn't compatible with Yanfly's, I probably should have named it in my first post. And about the custom selection, I'm not good with javascript, so that could end disastrously.
  13. Arctorius

So, dumb question, is there a plugin that lets you heal both dead and alive members? As far as I know the only one I could find had compatibility problems with Yanfly's. I've checked Yanfly's Target and Selection Core but there doesn't seem to be a notetag that let's you do that. I searched in...
  14. Arctorius

Refightable Bosses, How do I stop exp grinding?

Yeah, that sounds like it might work. Thanks!
  15. Arctorius

Refightable Bosses, How do I stop exp grinding?

Well, I can think of games where I enjoyed the boss fight so much that I wished I could refight them either because the background music, it was awesome moment for one of the playable characters, etc. The refightable bosses aren't just random tough mobs in the overworld, they are more like...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tempted to come up with a unique spell naming system....But ''Fire Magic'' and ''Fire,Fira,Firaga'' are so easily recognizable :p
Yesterday I discovered that I can copy/paste multiple commands by holding shift. I tried this when I started developing holding ctrl and when it didn't work I just copied every single command one by one. For two years.

I am in heaven now.
All right, so lesson learned. No more complicated battle systems for me.
Whew, just finished a whirlwind of deadlines. Finally a tiny break. You know...I should go update my 2020 banner now.
image_2021-06-16_153010.png

Why are barrels to difficult? xD I feel like i Barrel...y made it....eh EHHH!? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stalingrad