Ari

Veteran, Female, from Midwest, USA

Veteran

Started planning a game - let's see how far I get THIS time. Jul 14, 2018

Ari was last seen:
Jul 15, 2018
    1. Ari
      Ari
      Started planning a game - let's see how far I get THIS time.
    2. Ari
      Ari
      Here today, gone tomorrow - and after over a decade, still haven't made a SINGLE game. (Played a lot of 'em tho! Heh.)
      1. View previous comments...
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        It definitely takes time and devotion. There is also a great deal to learn. For as much work that you put in, sometimes it doesn't seem you do a whole lot.
        Jun 19, 2018
      3. Traveling Bard
        Traveling Bard
        Been there... still there. I'm a decade-no-games-made maker as well. It's easy to get discouraged. My only advice is to keep trying and find a system that works for you. I found agile (cuz that's what we use at my job) and it's helped me actually get builds out. Any kind of progress is better than no progress :) good luck!
        Jun 19, 2018
        Ari, starlight dream and Marsigne like this.
      4. Amane Kagari
        Amane Kagari
        Same issue for me here. Good luck! x_x;
        Jun 19, 2018
        Ari, starlight dream and Marsigne like this.
    3. Ari
      Ari
      Back after an almost 2 year hiatus (if anyone cares).  Just purchased MV.
    4. Ari
      Ari
      Here I am almost a year later, all plans for our fledgling development on hold or likely permanent hiatus, and I'm back to puttering around on my own...life I guess.
    5. Ari
      Ari
      Working on the outline for our first "official" project as a newly minted indie game dev team! :) ]
    6. Ari
      Ari
      Should I be concerned that it's 2:30am and I'm still here poking through the forums? *g*
      1. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        Oh please! It's already 3:50!
        Aug 17, 2013
      2. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        Dude, it's 9:15!

It's never to late to look at the forums!
        Aug 17, 2013
    7. Ari
      Ari
      So, that's in then - I'm officially "sucked back in" to the world of indie game development. I'm either incredibly nuts or I need to eat more chocolate! (or both!)
      1. Dalph
        Dalph
        Did you just say CHOCOLATE?!
        Aug 8, 2013
        1 person likes this.
      2. Marian Hurricane
        Marian Hurricane
        I say both. Nuts and chocolate go well together, after all.
        Aug 8, 2013
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        You can eat chocolate while you're making games. Best of both worlds :)
        Aug 8, 2013
    8. Ari
      Ari
      Someone else uses that phrase! Made my night just seeing that in print! :p
      1. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        I've found myself just randomly saying it these past few weeks. That, and "nifty" XD
        Jul 30, 2013
      2. Ari
        Ari
        I love it - though this one will probably push my nerdy factor right over the edge - but I actually say "banana beans" quite frequently and "ohh mylanta" - I think I need help!!! LOL!
        Jul 31, 2013
    9. Ari
      Ari
      Missing working on my game - life this side of the monitor can be so annoying sometimes!
    10. Ari
      Ari
      Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates it - and happy Spring to everyone as well!
      1. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        Same to you :)
        Apr 1, 2013
      2. Domin0e
        Domin0e
        "Spring", eh? Haven't seen much of it yet, sadly.
        Apr 1, 2013
    11. Ari
      Ari
      SQUEE, get to work on my game all weekend. Now, whether or not I accomplish anything remains to be seen...heehee
      1. Espon
        Espon
        Wish I could say the same. Having to do all these school projects will be the end of me.
        Mar 23, 2013
      2. Ari
        Ari
        Awww, I'd gladly share some of my weekend time with you if I could.
        Mar 23, 2013
      3. Skunk
        Skunk
        Make sure to get out for a walk though xD

get inspired!
        Mar 26, 2013
    12. Kaiju Master
      Kaiju Master
      So what kind of games are you making?
      1. Ari
        Ari
        To be honest, not entirely sure what you'd call it - I suppose I'm hoping it will turn into a sort of melding of a strategy/sim and quest type game. No combat or random encounters though - at least not in the "traditional" sense.
        Mar 14, 2013
      2. Kaiju Master
        Kaiju Master
        cool, when I buy the rpg maker vx ace program I am gonna make lots of final fantasy and summoner like games. I actually made a full game that only takes about 2 or 3 hours called tournament of the ages.
        Mar 14, 2013
    13. Ari
      Ari
      Back to working on my world map - bleh...
    14. Ari
      Ari
      Wow, that was an ugly flu/cold - so bad my darn EYES hurt. LOL - but think I'm slowly on the mend now and hopefully have enough energy to spend a little time working on my game
      1. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        Feel better soon! :)
        Mar 10, 2013
      2. xein
        xein
        get well soon.
        Mar 10, 2013
      3. Ari
        Ari
        Awww, thanks you guys. :) Was nice to log in here again tonight and see the well wishes. :)
        Mar 10, 2013
    15. Ari
      Ari
      sick of being sick
      1. Shaz
        Mar 10, 2013
    16. Ari
      Ari
      Could someone pls bump the mapping helpdesk topic for me?!! LOL!
      1. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        You can double post after 72 hours of your last post if no one else made a post (that's a lot of post), so you can just BUMP it yourself or make the post anew.
        Mar 8, 2013
      2. Ari
        Ari
        Thanks, should have read the rules more carefully
        Mar 9, 2013
    17. Ari
      Ari
      Starting my first project (and still avidly poking at how to's, demos, tutorials, etc.)
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Ari
        Ari
        Feel free! :) Isn't it funny? Most people think of being home with hours of freetime as a complete luxury - but after doing it for awhile now (forced due to some personal circumstances) it becomes as stressful and weighty as anything, and I'd gladly trade it in for being too busy with work and other things...
        Feb 25, 2013
      3. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        I got the same situation, Ari. I have a lot of spare time after work, and recently I have been working like crazy on my game.. It's a alot of fun though so I'm not really complaining :)
        Feb 25, 2013
      4. Ari
        Ari
        Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to really throwing myself into trying to be a game maker. It's a personal challenge as well - because for years I _was_ working in the commercial gaming and social networking arena, but mostly from the "office" side. I did project management, and some game design (concept level) and managed other very talented artists, programmers, musicians, etc. So it's definitely interesting to see if a talentless hack like me (i.e. management *chuc...
        Feb 26, 2013
    18. Ari
      Ari
      Currently going through the VX Ace Tutorials
      1. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        Those tutorials are the bomb! I learned alot from them, and they help you experiment alot! :)
        Feb 23, 2013
      2. Ari
        Ari
        I am actually learning quite a bit from them - though I still find the whole "character" setup a bit boggling. (Experience gain, system - and I don't plan on using that much anyway in the game(s) I'm planning so I guess that's not a huge deal. Still, I figure the more I understand the tool the better I am able to "work around" it. :p But yeah, they are very well done and very helpful. :)
        Feb 25, 2013
  • About

Birthday:
    December 19
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Signature

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

SOMETHING should really go here, shouldn't it?

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.