Arkane609
Last Activity:
Sep 8, 2014

Following 1

Share This Page

Arkane609

Apprentice, Male, from *Insert witty psuedo-location here*

Ugh.. Work is really eating up most of my time. I've been standing and talking for five straight hours. Teaching is tiring but rewarding nonetheless. Sep 8, 2014

Arkane609 was last seen:
Sep 8, 2014
    1. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      Ugh.. Work is really eating up most of my time. I've been standing and talking for five straight hours. Teaching is tiring but rewarding nonetheless.
      1. BoluBolu
        BoluBolu
        Are you a teacher?
        Sep 8, 2014
    2. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      Sorry for not being on. Just wanted to let everyone who's listening to my Tomb of the Lost Art that I haven't stopped my run. I'm just busy with work. Being a teacher is very tiring. ;~;
      1. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Being a pseudo-teacher is also tiring. I teach only my own kid whom I have a vested interest in and that's hard enough; I cannot fathom how one chooses a career path like that in this day and age. To much work, to little pay and authority. Hats off to you.
        Sep 2, 2014
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        Ahhh! Another teacher in the ranks! Good luck with the school year.
        Sep 2, 2014
    3. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      Welp. I'm going to be terribly inactive for a long long long time due to life and work. I don't even have time in making songs. Promotions aren't fun. Oh well, what's done is done. Goodbye, forums. Was nice knowing you.
      1. Bloodmorphed
        Bloodmorphed
        Farewell, good luck with whatever is!!
        Aug 22, 2014
    4. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      I just received my work sched. Goodbye internet life.. ;~;
      1. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Oh? You got a job? ^_^
        Aug 19, 2014
    5. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      I'm thinking of changing to Ace. Although I dont like the look of the characters. They're too chibi. I can't use. Are there any actor templates I could use for slightly less chibi actors?
      1. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        The thing that blew my mind about Ace was this: All the characters are single square chibi characters... But many of the items and objects would work better for two tile high ones... Like... most of the doors, for instance? Not even an option in the program to use taller sprites... All the defaults are tiny.
        Aug 17, 2014
    6. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      I.. I just woke up.. in my bathroom.. no clothes.. with a bottle of Lemon Iced tea in my hand.. I
      1. Sailerius
        Sailerius
        Mmm, lemon.
        Aug 16, 2014
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        That would be an interesting beginning to a game...
        Aug 16, 2014
      3. ??????
        ??????
        my friend once got woken up in the kitchen of KFC by the manager opening up at 6am... - no, he didnt work there or know anyone who did. :D
        Aug 16, 2014
    7. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      WHEN I WAS
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Arkane609
        Arkane609
        MAH FATHA
        Aug 15, 2014
      3. Arkane609
        Arkane609
        TOOK MAY INTO THE CITAY
        Aug 15, 2014
      4. Nathanial
        Nathanial
        SO I WOULD STOP SPAMMING THE STATUS UPDATES.
        Aug 15, 2014
    8. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      Carol of the Bells has got to be the most evilest sounding Christmas carol ever. S:
      1. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Is that the song they chose for the opening to The Exorcist?
        Aug 15, 2014
    9. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      Good Morning everyone! I'm off to sleep! :3
    10. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      Just got a request from 8 game dev groups, 2 animations, 4 indie films, and 6 non profit projects. And here I am, copy pasting my letter of declination over and over again. I should be paid for declining offers. This is getting out of hand.
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        What shelby means dude is that you love to talk about yourself highly an awful lot... too much for it to be real. Just sayin'. :|
        Aug 14, 2014
      3. Arkane609
        Arkane609
        Note taken! :3

I'll look for someplace else to vent! :)
        Aug 14, 2014
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        Yeah, being invited to join a dev team or a non-profit game when the person inviting you has just downloaded Ace yesterday and has this great idea for a game, but now needs to hire people who actually know what they're doing isn't really a compliment. It just means THEY have no idea what they're doing and the game will probably never get past the "I have a great idea for a game" stage. Take all of those off your list and see how many REAL job offers there are :)
        Aug 15, 2014
    11. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      I normally sympathize with depressed people. I do my dayum best to help them out but it really REALLY irks me when the cause of their depression is the consuquence of their choices. A friend of mine killed himself just a couple of hours back. He was the most close minded person I've ever met. Antagonizing teachers in general because he took a single summer class in highschool, whines about how the institute he was in expects so much even though he knew from the very beginning that they wer...
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        Clinical depression is never from the cause of one's choices. More likely the choices were a result of the depression. I'm sorry for your loss, but I truly hope you will rethink your perspective on this one.
        Aug 13, 2014
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Meant to say, never the result of one's choices
        Aug 13, 2014
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        What mlogan says... oftentimes the mindset of someone who is really depressed is enough to make them make stupid choices which further validates (in a vicious infinite loop) to them that their horrible feelings are reality and that those circumstances cannot be changed.
        Aug 14, 2014
    12. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      On the contrary, I prioritize non profit projects more than commercial ones. Being an Audio guy isnt my full time job. I'm a teacher of Literature and Philosophy. Music is more of a hobby for me. Teaching is my vocation.
      1. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        Philosophize me!! O_O
        Aug 13, 2014
    13. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      So, I woke up to 13 indie groups wanting to hire me, 18 song commisions, and 3 referrals for industry level projects. I dont know where these people are coming from. Who the balls is advertising me?
      1. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        LOL wow!
        Aug 12, 2014
      2. Arkane609
        Arkane609
        I would often get 6 requests a day but this is ridiculous. Its too much!
        Aug 12, 2014
      3. Solo
        Solo
        Congratulations!
        Aug 12, 2014
    14. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      Man, going to the gym isn't worth it anymore. I need a home gym to save time. But I'm so poor. Anyone know alternatives for weights? I'm thinking of using old big paint cans and fill them with cement? Though, I'm not sure if I can measure the weight properly. I can spend some cash for a treadmill but that's as far as I can go if money's involve. Anyoone got any suggestion for a ghetto home workout gym? D:
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^get a chocolate lab puppy, make sure said lab gets all exercise required to be tired enough not to trash your house. When lab grows up and mellows out go for same amount of runs together even though your house doesn't depend on it anymore. Cardio solved. As for weight training, the paint can thing seems like it would work... or visit your local scrapyard and find odd metal pieces that can be welded together into the semblance of a proper weight.
        Aug 12, 2014
      3. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Or get a part time job on a farm, I've never been so fit as I was as a teen working my summers away on a nearby farm.
        Aug 12, 2014
      4. Skyfrid
        Skyfrid
        Fill 2 milk jugs with sand and tie a pole in between them :D
        Aug 12, 2014
    15. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      I've made quite alot of long term RPG games from way back. I really didn't feel like releasing them since I've no reason to. Afterall, I make games for the sake of release and fun. Sharing them is good, I guess. But there's a point where you just want it all for yourself. I am selfish. :3
    16. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      WHAT IS LOVE?
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        Love is a losing game.
        Aug 11, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      3. Korimax
        Korimax
        @Darr123 I am so tired of that... thing, being refrenced. I just don't see how it became a thing on the internet.
        Aug 11, 2014
      4. Deleted
        Deleted
        A night at the Roxbury :D
        Aug 11, 2014
    17. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      Imma post a new TotLA Entry once I'm done with Battle Realms. So much Nostalgia, I can't stop.
    18. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      There are so many concepts that could be good for an RTS game revolving in my head but I can't find a good way to bring them to fruition, goddamnit.
      1. Bloodmorphed
        Bloodmorphed
        have you heard of the Spring RTS engine?
        Aug 10, 2014
    19. Arkane609
      2. Confederacy
        Confederacy
        Well playing a good RPG would still be better than some shitty beginner RTS too.
        Aug 9, 2014
      3. Arkane609
        Arkane609
        Same goes for any beginner RPG.
        Aug 10, 2014
      4. Confederacy
        Confederacy
        Explains why I haven't played an RPG Maker game in a long time.
        Aug 10, 2014
    20. Arkane609
      Arkane609
      I think I've lost total interest in RPG Maker. My loss of interest is my fault aswell as I have no time to work on my project. I guess that pretty much serves my stay here useless. I'll finish my tomb of the lost art challenge before I go though. That thing's fun as hell..
      1. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        I definitely understand the feeling. But, I would try to create time for YOU first before you throw in the towel. It's great to do work for others but you have to remember that you are your #1 priority. Try and strike a balance and learn your limits.
        Aug 9, 2014
      2. Arkane609
        Arkane609
        I personally don't like RPG games. I only used RPG Maker because its the easiest game engine to use. I'm more fit for the RTS genre. Unfortunately, an RTS engine with the same user friendliness and flexibility as RPG Maker is non existent.
        Aug 9, 2014
      3. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Then turn that into an opportunity to get creative! You can make a lot more than standard RPG games in RM. I've seen all sorts of games, even platformers! Take a look.
        Aug 9, 2014
  • About

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Composing and stuff. Uhh... Ponies? Drawing, I guess. Voice acting, too, maybe, iunno.

Interact

Signature

Free services for Music, SFX, and Post Production right here:

[​IMG]

Listen to my Audio Drama titled "The Crystal Empire Saga" right here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Act III: Coming Soon.

Listen to my songs in the Tomb of the Lost Art! :DD

[​IMG]