Recent content by Aryn

1. Aryn

JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread

EDIT: for syntax to distinguish string/not string If anyone is interested, I solved this today by adding a few lines to the Game_Interpreter part of the plugin code. I'm pretty new to javascript, so there's probably a more efficient way, but this works. This addition allows you to pass a "v#"...
  2. Aryn

This is a bit round about, but could you use Yanfly's Move Core command "MOVE TO: EVENT"? You could move a blank event using variables (Set Event Location with variables) and then have the other event move to it.
  3. Aryn

I'm piggy-backing on this question, because the original code is close to what I'm wrestling with. I think this should be fairly simple, but I can't get Galv's Spawn Timers to take a variable instead of a straight number. I don't see any reason that should be the case. Is there? E.g...
  4. Aryn

ICF-Soft Params Core

That worked, great! Thank you again. Just in case someone else with very limited scripting skills is trying to do this, this is how I got the value successfully passed to a variable: var a = $gameActors.actor($gameVariables.value(1)); var b = a.new; $gameVariables.setValue(2, b);
  5. Aryn

ICF-Soft Params Core

Yes, thank you, this helps a lot! But what if I want to reference an actor's parameter in an event? In particular, I want to call the actor based on a variable storing their actor.Id().
  6. Aryn

ICF-Soft Params Core

Hi, ICF-Soft. This plugin seems really great, and I'm trying to replace Quasi's plugin with yours to see if I can get it to play nicer with Yanfly. However, I'm a little confused about how to manipulate the values. I'm trying to set up a pretty complex system of damage formula + common event...
  7. Aryn

Khas Advanced Lighting v4.2 Ultra (now with real-time shadows!)

I've gotten all the plugin settings to work, although I found custom lights a bit more difficult. For example, I put this for a dark dungeon in the map editor note box: [ambient_light 5] [ambient_light 000A57] I also have a switch that turns on/off a common event for day/night cycle, so that...
  8. Aryn

Yes, as @Kenode says, I would guess you didn't copy-paste the img/lights folder from the tutorial into your game folder, @ArcKaarisun. And @JamesRyan, I'd very much like to know this as well. My game crucially depends on this plugin. :(
  9. Aryn

Quasi Params Plus

First, thank you, @Lilian, for explaining how to create the json! But, I found that the name had to be simply "Parameters.json" to run. Also, this is a fantastic plugin! But it seems Quasi has vanished? Does anyone know the terms of use? I was going to post a problem I was having, but I solved...
  10. Aryn

Conditionals with Yanfly Job Points

Oh god. This is embarrassing. :kaodes: Thank you Maliki and Caethyril. You were totally right, Caethyril. The problem was that I was trying to test this quickly before I went to work this morning and I...somehow forgot to add the JP plugin to my test environment. Case closed, awesome help...
  11. Aryn

Thank you for the help! That makes a lot of sense, but I'm afraid that I got an "is not a function" error with that script, though. The reason I want a conditional is to make sure that when I subtract JP manually, they actually have the required JP, so I'm pretty sure I do need the conditional...
  12. Aryn

Dear Makers, I need help, and I'm not 100% sure if this is the proper place, since I'm not sure what the solution is. But the problem I'm having is that I can use Yanfly's plugin command to reduce Job Points because there is no way to check conditionally if the JP < 0. I'm using the JP in a...
  13. Aryn

I'm having an odd issue. Has anyone encountered this? I'm trying to use the SetEnemyLight function with offsets, to account for flying/large creatures. But it seems like the offsets aren't independent? Depending on what I set one enemy offset to, it seems to affect the next enemy's offset. It...
  14. Aryn

MBS - Sound Emittance

Well, thank you for the alternative at least!
  15. Aryn

Yanfly Equip Reqs Lunatic Syntax HelP!

Fantastic! Many thanks.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm a master in procrastination and have finally decided to educate people in this art in a seminar in Calais. Please don't come. I won't be there.
Testing some of my custom battlers (they're all trash, sorry).

a friend of mines said I need an elevator pitch for my game. he then went and gave me his for his comic... then I realized I have no idea how to explain my game the way he did his comic lol.
How much armor is too much armor I wonder....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emerald_from_Verdanturf