Aslanemperor
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Came up with a cool little mechanic which I hope works as planned. Hopefully at least one judge makes the mistakes needed to cause this mechanic as it will be a shame to put so much effort into it just to have it completely missed by them! Also, why do I hate myself? I'm effectively doubling the work I have to do on one dungeon!
    Since my last post was griping, I'll make one celebrating something I think was done rather well in MZ: I love the character developer! It is fantastic and easy to use. All playable characters in my game were worked through the editor (one of them has a standard face, but I had to make a custom battler, which was easy to do with the editor). I wish the one in VXA was as good, honestly.
    BIG gripe against MZ... They took away the animation editor! Sure, you can go into the animation editor, but you can't actually make your own custom animations like you could before. What's even the point of that!? Why even HAVE an animation tab if you can't actually create custom animations!?
    Trihan
    Trihan
    I appreciate that you don't like it. I hope that won't get in the way of you creating your contest entry. Good luck with it.
    Aslanemperor
    Aslanemperor
    I can do it, it just won't be perfect. I can't help that this bugs me more than it should. I'm just like my mother in that way: It has to be JUST SO or I feel like I failed. All in all, however, I should be able to finish things okay.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    If it helps any, I was seriously unsure about the change until I actually tried Effekseer and created a custom animation.
    First dungeon complete, which makes this game 20% done! WOOT!!! I've also decided to go the low stat route. I'm hoping that it works as well as I'm imagining. Taking a bit of inspiration from D&D because 20 levels seems like a perfect high cap for such a short game. In a lot of ways I'm working on making small amounts go further, including in how money works in the game.
    Welp... Big ol' brain fart got me stumped on how to put together this puzzle. I know what I want and how to do it, but I'm trying to reverse engineer the solution and keep running into problems that make it either impossible to solve or far to easy. Now I'm realizing I'm going to have to step back be more meticulous in planning out the route and the traps that get in the way...
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Be careful, what you consider "easy" might be a headscratcher for a lot of players, try to implement the solution and get a few testers, then see if its indeed easy to solve and tune the difficulty accordingly.

Puzzles are always easy for the designer, you know how its supposed to be solved so in your eyes is doable.
    Aslanemperor
    Aslanemperor
    I know what you mean. Luckily, I'm not trying anything to complicated. I basically kept coming up with versions where the player could easily trap themselves by flicking the wrong switch, which was unacceptable. I've got it figured now, and the worst consequence of wrong choices is having to backtrack a bit.
    I'm having way to much fun tormenting one of the main characters with books in the royal library that mention him. He is a veteran soldier involved in the last war, so there's lots of tidbits about him, not all of which are true or flattering!
    It's a little bit frustrating that putting a video in is such a process. I can't just create an MP4, I have to then specially encode it to get it to work. This is taking almost as long as building an entire map complete with events.
    Sakurra
    Sakurra
    Which game maker are you talking about?

Are you talking about how we have to include video .ogg files?

I tried doing videos with MV. But Rpg maker has never bothered nor seem to actually are about the video process in MV. Videos will freeze and this game maker has been out since 2015.
    Aslanemperor
    Aslanemperor
    I'm working with MZ for a contest. You have to create an MP4 and format it special. I'd LOVE it if they made a simple title movie creator with simple options like text on still backgrounds with some music. Leave the slightly more complicated stuff for people who want bigger, more detailed scenes, but the simple small titles should be easy.
    I've finished with the maps for the starting city location of my contest entry game. I'm not inputting all the little events! Got a few things I'm proud of, and I hope that it helps my game stand out when all is set and done. Got some nice world building tidbits in bookshelf events!
    I've begun work on my entry for the "Touch The Stars" contest. I have a great game planned out. Of course, I have two problems I see: 1. I'm still learning how to make traps and triggers for dungeons. and 2. I need to figure a way to shave about 10 minutes of runtime without compromising quality in order to get it under the 1 hour playtime limit.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:
51F2AC5E-A605-446E-9439-D77AA6A0B0ED.pngAdded console to my content thread here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkPurplePrince