AssumedPseudonym
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

•  I made the mistake of following a friend’s advice, or at least a mistake in regards to doing anything RPG Maker related.
     He dug back through our message history and found a story I had shared with him from about three years ago. He suggested I post it to r/HFY. So I did. I have been encouraged to write more. Which I have been. …A lot. @.@
     After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
     Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
     At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
     Getting there!
     …So I was looking at a question someone had asked and did some related experimentation. Apparently the Jump… movement route command works like the ultimate through. Including letting you move around outside the confines of the map entirely. o_O
    Jump.png
     OMGC progress:
    » Main NPC functionality:
    — Brief intro.
    — Equipment and item shops aren’t set up (database stuff needs to happen first).
    — Inn works.
    » First room boss NPC will do skill training and tutorial.
    » Enemy NPCs will rotate through being the room boss, but the first room boss will be the last room boss.
    — Apparently I won’t be using my BBBB submission for the final boss, other ideas happened.
     OMGC progress:
    » Goal. Doubles as game/cycle setup.
    » Shop/inn/skills NPC. Currently only resets and increments cycle.
    » Room boss (and movement to next room). Will also be tutorial in first cycle.
    » One out of six room enemies (and movement to next room).
    » Two variable system to track cycle count and room progression per enemy.

…Yep, this thing just might be doable.
    ScorchedGround
    ScorchedGround
    That sounds like a hell of a lot of features for ONE Map.

I don't know whether or not it violates rules, but I am not sure if creating different rooms on a single map is permissible, as "simulating multiple maps" is not allowed. You should make sure your ideas conform to the rules.

But it sounds very interesting!
    AssumedPseudonym
    AssumedPseudonym
     I may be skirting the edges a bit, but I think it should be alright. If Touchfuzzy scolds me for it when I submit it, I’ll reformat the layout and resubmit.
    AssumedPseudonym
    AssumedPseudonym
     Apparently I am bad about replying to my statuses instead of making new ones. >.<
     In the wake of completing an entry for the Boss Battle Build Bout, I’ve decided to go ahead and try something for the One Map Game Challenge. I mean, I already have a boss fight, I might as well make a game for it (or a reskin thereof) to go into…
     So a day or so ago, I answered a question about moving dead actors to the bottom of the party in combat. I forgot to take reviving dead party members into account, so I made this monstrosity of a common event to deal with that. I’m sure there’s an easy way to script it. I can’t script yet, but I can brute force event my way through it, dammit. >.<
    Common Event 16.png
    Danitinkis
    Danitinkis
    I didn't knew they remade the Bible
    Shaz
    Shaz
    That is a MASSIVE image to have in a status post. Please use the forum to ask for help, if you need it, and remove this image. Or if you're not asking for help, maybe put the image into a spoiler (if that works for status posts). People viewing this on mobiles will have to scroll forever to get past your post.
    AssumedPseudonym
    AssumedPseudonym
    @Shaz — Sorry, only just now saw that… x.x
    New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    "My printer is only printing out blank pages."
    "You are aware that the purpose of a printer is to print things onto the paper, right?"
    "Never! I thought it was supposed to just iron out the wrinkles in the paper I put into the top."
    caethyril
    caethyril
    This can be used as an opener, to ensure both parties (mutual strangers!) have a similar understanding and are using similar terms. It may appear condescending, especially if it's a canned response. I recommend staying focused on the problem. If you're asked a question with an "obvious" answer, great! If they know their stuff and your replies are accurate, the following questions should rapidly narrow in scope~
     I may actually have something I can put into the Boss Battle Build Bout by the time it’s due. It won’t be anything spectacular (or even great (and maybe not even good (I have no idea how to do combat (yay for nested parentheses)))), but I might have a submission none the less.
     …I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8i10b9daygm7c8r/EoK.zip?dl=0 — My initial test project, made to teach myself the basics. Did it around two months ago in about five days (with a few tweaks before posting here). Short thing, maybe ten minutes of playtime at most. The whole thing is basically a miniquest and a few micropuzzles with one fight at the end. (Note: Poke at everything.)
    r66r
    r66r
    Only downsides: without the warning in the original post above, it wouldn't have occurred to me to poke on all the inanimate objects outside the houses, and one of the fighters was pretty badly balanced for combat (he missed his shots every time).

Nevertheless, good job as a first "try".
    AssumedPseudonym
    AssumedPseudonym
    The only thing I did to the default classes was take any extra skills or spells off so you could learn a few of them in the town. If something seemed poorly balanced or just couldn’t hit anything, blame either the RNG or Gotcha Gotcha Games. ^.~
    Reactions: Quexp
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Please make a post in Completed Games (or Games in Development) to share your game and get feedback. The status feed isn't really a good place for it.
    My current project is far enough along to warrant at least a status post. I’ll do a proper thread later.

Plot summary: When an empire bent on conquest attempts to fulfill a prophecy which would ensure their victory, another group sets out to fulfill it first.

Mechanics ideas:
    » No levels
    » Players raise stats and unlock skills in towns
    » Minimal numeric progression on equipment
    » Party leader will affect events
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who else here likes frogs? I sure do like them squishy beings! :rwink:

froggy.png
Only the goggles are imported ... not the eyes
a lot of my maps and battlebacks are me redrawing base rpg maker mv stuff to match with my own artwork... sometimes it comes out ok lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Equinox341