Astel
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Is a face enough? I'm thinking if the text boxes should have the name of the character who is talking, like...
    Soldier: Let's go!
    Or just using a faceset is enough? That's bothering me lately.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    Try all the options and see what you prefer. I sometimes take screenshots and have them side by side (im not a very visual person ^^)
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Names and Pictures really serve a very specific purpose, to help identify the characters to the player. The more characters, the more that becomes a necessity. If your game has a large cast you'll likely want to use them. If your game is basically a small group in the woods it just becomes less necessary.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Can u tell the people name by the face? no.
    Name > face.
    Dealing with an almost empy database is hard. I get some people like that, but honestly I don't care about balancing numbers and creating skills, I'm just a writer...
    For god's sake stay in home (to all the people out there that think they are invincible or something) you are going to get people killed!
    Don't go all "but muh freedom" when people's lifes are at risk.
    Reactions: Ryisunique
    Astel
    Astel
    I get it, some people can't handle being inside for too long (my mother is one of those people, she freaks out if she can't get outside for a couple of days) but one thing is taking a walk around your house, another very different is still trying to party and act like nothing is going on.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28

I've deleted most of the replies to this profile post. Politics, especially political rants, are not allowed on this forum.

Gathering supplies makes me feel like it's the end of the world. But better to be prepared before a lockdown is enforced.
    Reactions: CrowStorm
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Best to be prepared before there's even a crisis, then you don't have to go out in it at all. In normal times that mindset is stigmatic though...for some reason.
    When you have point A and point B on your map but you only have a straight line between them... what to do? I'm bad at mapping.
    IguanaGuy
    IguanaGuy
    Elevations, Obstructions, Special Effects ( Sunrise, Rain, Scrolling background) Don't think of your map as toast. Think of it as toast with butter and jam.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    put a wall in the way.
    Reactions: Astel
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Look through the Game & Map Screenshots threads (I think we're up to #10, with 100 pages or so in each one). That'll give you some inspiration.
    Re-starting engines... (it happens around twice a year, don't worry... too much)
    My Kindle arrived... I though it had some sticker on the screen, I had never seen e-paper before. Interesting.
    And the Retail Nightmare begins today... night shift :(
    Reactions: GoodSelf
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Never again, rather be a homeless vagabond than work retail during the holidays, and I've done both so I know exactly what I'm saying.
    GoodSelf
    GoodSelf
    Hang in there! I'm working both jobs today, we can do it!
    Astel
    Astel
    I remember a time when holidays were fun... i guess i'll go to sleep a few hours, it's going to be a loooong night.
    Taking the plunge, Amazon order sent... Switch delivery expected tomorrow. My wallet hurts...
    To Switch or not to Switch, that's the question...
    After 50 days my package finally arrived... buying things from asia sure takes time :(
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Sheesh... I think it's only rarely that it takes that long... I'm betting customs held it up for a while.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
       Yeah customs can be a pain. I've had the customs in one state hold up or dispose of something because while what I bought was perfectly legal where I live the coast where it was originally shipped to decided it was illegal. Rather than sending it where its supposed to go they trashed it, leaving me paying overseas shipping on a piece of molded leather that would never come.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yeah, and the worst part is they don't tell anyone that this has happened, so both buyer and seller are stuck in the lurch. Fortunately, all of my overseas purchases are electronics-related items or jewelry supplies.
    Restarting engines... diverse townspeople's sprites not found. Shutting system down... i get frustrated easily :stare:
    Replaying FF7 for the first time in 10 years... I'll actually finish it this time? Who knows B)
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Make sure you breed a Golden Chocobo
    Astel
    Astel
    I don't remember anything about breeding chocobos o_O this game and I have a sour story between us.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hey, guys! Do you want to hear a riddle? If so, go to this link!
Omg, 'Marsha' took over the RPGWeb twitter for a bit and its the most adorable thing ever! :LZSblush: I like it

"Gennady" Gen na Dee reptiloid scientist
I wonder how well Procedural Map generation would work in RPG Maker MZ... Well, only one way to find out! Hehe!
A new VA has joined the "Beyond the Mirror" team... I can't wait to start working on battle voices in the engine now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Domanic81