Recent content by Astfgl66

1. Astfgl66

RPG Maker MZ, Preview #2: Graphics, Mapping, Eventing!

These new and improved features look so great! I really loved old mapping, I'm so glad it's back. The new RTP looks awesome too, many kudos to the artists! The fact that it's the same characters for modern and fantasy is such a good idea too. :kaoluv:
  2. Astfgl66

Icon Captions

Window_IconCaption is an instance of Window_Base. You can alias the initialize method to change lineheight and text formatting if you want to. You'll have to do that on your own however.
  3. Astfgl66

Icon Captions

You can use all available message codes but must use "\\" instead of "\". I can't from the top of my head remember if such a text code is standard, but if it is you can use it.
  4. Astfgl66

Equipment Makes Classes

Well, it can certainly be done in engine. Basically you'll have a common event run when exiting the menu that wil check the character's equipment and depending on the equipment will change the character's class accordingly. It will be very tedious however because you'll have to check slot per...
  5. Astfgl66

Non-traditional Armor Types

I like my armor to do different things too besides stats so I'm currently exploring by essentially making all armor add layered health. Some characters have armor, a layer of hp that reduces damage but has to be repaired costing resources, other characters have barriers, which provide less...
  6. Astfgl66

A New RPG Maker draws near! Command?

Hmmm. If it releases this summer it will be right in time with the end of my studies. I might try porting some of my plugins if I have the time. I'm excited about the new mapping, and can't wait to see what other new features are coming!
  7. Astfgl66

Game romance that's not your type?

I'm a guy and I love playing as a female protagonist. For love interests I usually go with whatever character I feel the protagonist has more chemistry with, so sometimes it's gay sometimes it's straight. If I replay a game I'll change partners until I've gone through them all. I've played a few...
  8. Astfgl66

Animated busts and picture based animations.

If your menu scene is evented and uses pictures yes, otherwise no.
  9. Astfgl66

Quick Time Events (R2 26/11)

Use a conditionnal branch with script: $gameMap.getQTEResult() === "success" as a condition. This should do what you want.
  10. Astfgl66

how to insert automatically a bunch of data with "for" into an array?

Your syntax is all over the place. You define actorName as a string that will contain an actor's name and in the line below you call it as a function with actorName(i). You just need to push the currently defined actorName inside the loop. That's not the error you're getting though. It sounds...
  11. Astfgl66

[MV] Level up each parameter individually with no overall actor level

This hardly seems like it'd need a plugin, can't you just not use the level system and use the parameter increase event command ?
  12. Astfgl66

needed coder for game

So you're telling us that you can't be bothered to learn how to put images in a post (there's an attach image button or use an image hosting website like imgur), can't be bothered putting in a detailed description of what you want and yet expect someone to spend hours of their life writing...
  13. Astfgl66

needed coder for game

I strongly suggest you take a look at this thread. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/convince-strangers-to-write-scripts-for-you.8197/
  14. Astfgl66

transitions between images files without a blink

Preload the picture sprite by showing it at 0 opacity at first. Picture B (0opacity) -> Picture A -> Picture B (255 opacity) I think this should work.
  15. Astfgl66

Where are the 'pictures' pixijs sprites stored? [solved]

They are stored as children of the picture container object of the current scene's spriteset. SceneManager._scene._spriteset._pictureContainer.children[pictureId]

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A collab cover of White Wishes with @PixeLockeT!!~

Multiple takes of my recordings ended in this way, I wish I could've done it better, but I still love this!
Just saw an article stating a Back to the FutureXTransformer comic crossover--and Doc Browns car is an Autobot. I am ALL FOR THIS!!
Well I sure didn't know fans could overheat and die. Room fans.
Felt like I dodged a bomb, my project was fine right after I force resetted due to a crash as I have yet to start working on it today..... :kaoback:
I have no idea what to do with my evening. I was working on the next Slip into Ruby but I kinda want to do something else for a bit. But I have no idea what. Yay indecision!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julian16