AstoXx
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So, I just went and got the MV trial. I absolutely love the new style for everything. It's pure SNES nostalgia. I've literally just burnt up 10 minutes making characters in the editor and squeeing over the generated chibi battlers.
    NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    I find it looks too cartoonish, or just to chibi.
    So, due to dropping a lot of money on a recent Kickstarter, I did not have the funds to pre-order MV. How is everyone finding it? Is it as glorious as the prophecies foretold? Has our three-layer, side-view saviour returned?
    BlackLiquidSorrow
    BlackLiquidSorrow
    Only two layers
    Dalph
    Dalph
    I like it, the mapping is more fun, the character generator is good, HD support, mobile exporter, no lag (for me at least), sideview BS implemented by default and a lot of nice things here and there.
    AstoXx
    AstoXx
    @BLS There are three layers, it's just layer 2 and 3 are automated.
    Unfortunately, I no longer have enough monies to last-second preorder MV, seeing as I just dropped $200 on Kickstarter. I guess I'll just have to be aptient and slowly accrue all of those bonuses the oldfashioned way. :(
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    What did you pledge to...?
    AstoXx
    AstoXx
    Super Dungeon Explore: Legends. Game is awesome. You should give them money too.
    MV has 255 regions?! Hot damn, that's a lot. Looks like terrain tags are pretty much obsolete now, huh?
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    And now that Yanfly has region events...
    Hudell
    Hudell
    Terrain Tags are useful for some stuff too. It would be nice if they increased that too.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Terrain tags - set once per tileset and it's usable on every one of those tiles on every map that uses that tileset.

Regions - paint every tile on every map manually where you want it to be used. More flexible, but more time consuming.
    Seeing Aluxes in the most recent plugin demo video made me happy beyond words. Now here's hoping 2k/2k3 gets represented!
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    I was really happy too! I wasn't expecting him at all considering when I asked, they answered that Archeai did not like him and wasn't going to make the graphics for him.
    So, just wondering is there anything that comes with the pre-order that's pre-order exclusive. I'm debating whether I should drop money on it now or wait until I, y'know, actually HAVE some.
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Yeah, building a time machine to go back to 11:59 on the 22nd would be cheating!
    AstoXx
    AstoXx
    Welp, time to begin saving furiously! I mean, rent and food isn't THAT important, right?
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Still worth getting it now I think, being 10% off and with all these goodies included.
    So in about 2 weeks time, I have a whole week off. Maybe I should spend all that free time getting my feet wet and diving back into RM and the community again.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Gogo AstoXx! Punch Bears sequel now!
    Susan
    Susan
    Good to know. Welcome back! :)
    The fact that MV has a return to 3-layer mapping is seriously the only reason I'm considering getting it, even though I, sadly, never have free time for anything RM-related any more.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Wow! I haven't seen you post anything in ages. I hope you're doing well. :)
    AstoXx
    AstoXx
    Again, it's because of all the life that's been happening to me. Every time I tried to sit down and do something, a few days later, other things would happen. That and I have a new OS now and have been debating on redownloading RM at all, but I'm probably going to anyway. tl;dr I'm fine, but STUFF happened.
    I finally finished my first (and unimportant) map for my project! Hiatus officially busted!
    Tornado Samurai
    Tornado Samurai
    Congrats! Have fun continuing your game development! :D
    Is it just me or is Steven Universe, like, the most magical inspiration for RPG-esque music ever?
    I now have an idea for my after-hiatus project that I'm quite hyped about, but I don't know if the story is any good. I would ask around but I don't want any spoilers to get out.
    I have just discovered the pure unbridled joy that is The Amazing World of Gumball and it is glorious.
    So, I think I'm finally ready to break my hiatus and start working on a new project.
    OK, so I'll definitely be more active next year! This time for sure! ...I hope?
    The new Pixel Myth pack just reeks of SNES-like nostalgia. I love it.
    frrrosty
    frrrosty
    It's a beautiful pack, definitely.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.
The project I am working on is going great at the moment. I'm hoping everyone is having as successful a time as I am. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusCryo