AstoXx
Last Activity:
Feb 23, 2016

Share This Page

AstoXx

Subconscious Punmaster, Male, from England

So, I just went and got the MV trial. I absolutely love the new style for everything. It's pure SNES nostalgia. I've literally just burnt up 10 minutes making characters in the editor and squeeing over the generated chibi battlers. Oct 25, 2015

AstoXx was last seen:
Feb 23, 2016
    1. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      So, I just went and got the MV trial. I absolutely love the new style for everything. It's pure SNES nostalgia. I've literally just burnt up 10 minutes making characters in the editor and squeeing over the generated chibi battlers.
      1. NeoFantasy
        NeoFantasy
        I find it looks too cartoonish, or just to chibi.
        Oct 25, 2015
    2. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      So, due to dropping a lot of money on a recent Kickstarter, I did not have the funds to pre-order MV. How is everyone finding it? Is it as glorious as the prophecies foretold? Has our three-layer, side-view saviour returned?
      1. BlackLiquidSorrow
        BlackLiquidSorrow
        Only two layers
        Oct 25, 2015
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        I like it, the mapping is more fun, the character generator is good, HD support, mobile exporter, no lag (for me at least), sideview BS implemented by default and a lot of nice things here and there.
        Oct 25, 2015
        1 person likes this.
      3. AstoXx
        AstoXx
        @BLS There are three layers, it's just layer 2 and 3 are automated.
        Oct 25, 2015
    3. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      Unfortunately, I no longer have enough monies to last-second preorder MV, seeing as I just dropped $200 on Kickstarter. I guess I'll just have to be aptient and slowly accrue all of those bonuses the oldfashioned way. :(
      1. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        What did you pledge to...?
        Oct 23, 2015
      2. AstoXx
        AstoXx
        Super Dungeon Explore: Legends. Game is awesome. You should give them money too.
        Oct 23, 2015
    4. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      MV has 255 regions?! Hot dayum, that's a lot. Looks like terrain tags are pretty much obsolete now, huh?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. BloodletterQ
        BloodletterQ
        And now that Yanfly has region events...
        Oct 21, 2015
      3. Hudell
        Hudell
        Terrain Tags are useful for some stuff too. It would be nice if they increased that too.
        Oct 21, 2015
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        Terrain tags - set once per tileset and it's usable on every one of those tiles on every map that uses that tileset.

Regions - paint every tile on every map manually where you want it to be used. More flexible, but more time consuming.
        Oct 21, 2015
    5. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      Seeing Aluxes in the most recent plugin demo video made me happy beyond words. Now here's hoping 2k/2k3 gets represented!
      1. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        I was really happy too! I wasn't expecting him at all considering when I asked, they answered that Archeai did not like him and wasn't going to make the graphics for him.
        Oct 19, 2015
    6. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      So, just wondering is there anything that comes with the pre-order that's pre-order exclusive. I'm debating whether I should drop money on it now or wait until I, y'know, actually HAVE some.
      2. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Yeah, building a time machine to go back to 11:59 on the 22nd would be cheating!
        Oct 11, 2015
      3. AstoXx
        AstoXx
        Welp, time to begin saving furiously! I mean, rent and food isn't THAT important, right?
        Oct 11, 2015
      4. Dalph
        Dalph
        Still worth getting it now I think, being 10% off and with all these goodies included.
        Oct 11, 2015
        1 person likes this.
    7. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      So in about 2 weeks time, I have a whole week off. Maybe I should spend all that free time getting my feet wet and diving back into RM and the community again.
      1. Dalph
        Dalph
        Gogo AstoXx! Punch Bears sequel now!
        Oct 9, 2015
        1 person likes this.
      2. Susan
        Susan
        Good to know. Welcome back! :)
        Oct 9, 2015
        2 people like this.
    8. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      The fact that MV has a return to 3-layer mapping is seriously the only reason I'm considering getting it, even though I, sadly, never have free time for anything RM-related any more.
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Wow! I haven't seen you post anything in ages. I hope you're doing well. :)
        Oct 7, 2015
      2. AstoXx
        AstoXx
        Again, it's because of all the life that's been happening to me. Every time I tried to sit down and do something, a few days later, other things would happen. That and I have a new OS now and have been debating on redownloading RM at all, but I'm probably going to anyway. tl;dr I'm fine, but STUFF happened.
        Oct 7, 2015
    9. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      I finally finished my first (and unimportant) map for my project! Hiatus officially busted!
      1. Tornado Samurai
        Tornado Samurai
        Congrats! Have fun continuing your game development! :D
        Jan 25, 2015
    10. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      Is it just me or is Steven Universe, like, the most magical inspiration for RPG-esque music ever?
    11. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      How does everyone feel about games with zero combat?
      2. cabfe
        cabfe
        I like that idea ;)
        Jan 16, 2015
      3. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        It's something I am doing for the next game as it's adventure oriented. It works for the genre.
        Jan 16, 2015
      4. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        That sounds like most of my current projects...
        Jan 16, 2015
    12. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      I now have an idea for my after-hiatus project that I'm quite hyped about, but I don't know if the story is any good. I would ask around but I don't want any spoilers to get out.
    13. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      I have just discovered the pure unbridled joy that is The Amazing World of Gumball and it is glorious.
      1. wallacethepig
        wallacethepig
        It's beautiful, isn't it?
        Jan 11, 2015
      2. Ultim
        Ultim
        I watch it everyday.
        Jan 11, 2015
    14. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      So, I think I'm finally ready to break my hiatus and start working on a new project.
    15. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      I have Vampire's Kiss stuck in my head and it won't go away.
    16. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      ...I wish I had the skills to make a fancy profile page like all my friends (;___ ;)
      2. AstoXx
        AstoXx
        I should put this quote in my sig to preserve it for all time.
        Jan 1, 2015
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Jan 1, 2015
      4. R4B
        R4B
        R13 doesn't mean you need to behave like 13-year-olds, I hope that cleared up your apparent confusion.
        Jan 1, 2015
    17. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      OH JESUS CHRIST I'VE BEEN AWAY FOR SO LONG I HAVE LIKE 40 NOTIFICATIONS
      1. Marsigne
        Dec 23, 2014
        starlight dream and Susan like this.
    18. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      OK, so I'll definitely be more active next year! This time for sure! ...I hope?
      2. AstoXx
        AstoXx
        Hey, who knows. Maybe we should collaborate one day? Maybe then, I'll actually finish a game rather than make half-finished ones that stop when too much life happens. >///<
        Dec 22, 2014
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        I like the idea. When I'll find some spare time I'll let you know then. :D
        Dec 22, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      4. Bukarett
        Bukarett
        Dec 22, 2014
    19. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      It turns out I forgot how much I loved punching bears.
      1. Dalph
        Dalph
        WB, Punch Bears bro!
        Aug 15, 2014
        1 person likes this.
    20. AstoXx
      AstoXx
      The new Pixel Myth pack just reeks of SNES-like nostalgia. I love it.
      1. frrrosty
        frrrosty
        It's a beautiful pack, definitely.
        Jul 3, 2014
  • About

First Language:
    Logic
    I like to eat pie. And small children.

...But mostly pie.

Vidya games, tabletop games, animu, comics and RPG Maker.

Signature

I don't have OCD, I have CDO. They're in alphabetical order, like they should be.