Last Activity:
Nov 7, 2017
Birthday:
April 13

Share This Page

Atlas Rose

Jack of all trades, Male, from Tennessee, USA

Veteran

I wish to apologize to everyone, due to issues at home I've not had access to my computer in a long time, and all data for Cicero except extremely early beta is gone. I no longer have a pc, and can't do anything towards rpg maker for a while. Sorry guys Oct 5, 2015

Atlas Rose was last seen:
Nov 7, 2017
    1. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      Already started on my game contest project. Here is the protagonist, Nick.

31830.IPB
      1. 1 person likes this.
    2. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      One day I'm going to make it through my list of anime to watch. I just finished Cowboy Bebop, and next on the list is Durarara. 
      1. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Bebop is awesome but the ending is too sad. I read online the reason he died was because they wanted no sequels.
        Feb 12, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    3. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      I keep seeing people's usernames suddenly upside-down. What's doing on with that?
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. ロリ先輩
        ロリ先輩
        Is it consistent or random? If you're seeing it on the same people, it could be that they're just using upside characters lᴉʞǝ ʇɥᴉs˙
        Feb 10, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Atlas Rose
        Atlas Rose
        Huh, I didn't know you could do that. That's really cool aha
        Feb 10, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Shiroi Akuma
        Shiroi Akuma
        You need to turn your monitor around. It happens to me all the time. So if I like a video on YouTube, I actually pressed the dislike button, just because I turned accidentally my monitor upside down. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
        Feb 10, 2016
        2 people like this.
    4. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      If anyone here watches American Idol, you should support my friend Amelia Eisenhauer. She made it into the top 24 and I can't wait to see how far she can go! Its so weird seeing people you know on tv and being recognized by people all over the country. I can officially say I knew someone famous before they were famous!
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Well, how good is she? Got a vid of her audition? :o
        Feb 9, 2016
      4. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        I once had someone from my town sing in American Idol: Maddy Curtis, it is a very strange experience.
        Feb 9, 2016
      5. Atlas Rose
        Feb 10, 2016
    5. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      I just finished Final Fantasy: Ring of Fates and boy I don't think a game has ever made me cry this much. If you haven't played it yet, go pick up a DS. It's worth it.
      1. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        *Picks up waifu's DS* Hey! This is Pokemon Y! WTH?!?!
        Feb 4, 2016
    6. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      Acne is just pointless. What is the point of a pimple on your spine. I imagine my body just trying to make things worse like "Oh yeah, let's put a ton of acne, but only where he can't reach it! That'll teach him!"
      1. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Well, did you learn your lesson?
        Feb 4, 2016
    7. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      Plays FF: Ring of Fates for first time, screams at friend who's already beaten it
    8. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      I always hear potato-potato (where one is said like "ay" and the other "ah") and I wonder, who says it like "ah"? I've never actually heard anyone say it like that.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Omega Weapon
        Omega Weapon
        I'd call everything that is significantly high enough a mountain, because I'm pretty much used to everything being flat.
        Feb 1, 2016
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I went to Florida once on vacation and it drove me crazy because it was much too flat!  I don't think I could ever actually live somewhere without mountains.
        Feb 1, 2016
      4. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        I lived in Sacramento California for a couple of months, and on a really clear day you could see a mountain peaking out of the pollution. I forgot which range it was. It was miserable. No forests, no mountains. But there was a dirty river nearby.
        Feb 1, 2016
    9. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      I should probably make a to-do list for my game. You know, design x character. Sketch this cut scene. Build x map. Does that mean I'm going to? Knowing me, probably not
    10. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      How does scripting even work anyway? As someone who doesn't, it looks like you just slam your face into the keyboard and hope it does what you want it to
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        It's coding, following the rules of JavaScript (for MV) or Ruby (for VX Ace). How easy it is to make one depends on if you have any coding experience at all though.
        Jan 28, 2016
      2. Atlas Rose
        Atlas Rose
        The only coding I know it the extreme basics of CSS back when I did stuff on deviantART
        Jan 28, 2016
    11. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      I see the little number for the most users online and it makes me want to break that number. Unfortunately, I'm not planning to make 3,173 accounts just to break a record. Who wants to help me try to break it? Mass log in!
      1. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        Like a DoS attack, only caused by the very users it denies.
        Jan 27, 2016
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I think that date with the most online was set the day the 2014 IGMC was announced or something like that. So maybe now that MV is out the net IGMC will see that number broken?
        Jan 27, 2016
    12. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      Whenever I'm driving in a dream, I'm always in the back drivers seat without a gearshift, and the breaks never work all the way. My dream-me is in for some really expensive insurance
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. SwarleyPilgrim
        SwarleyPilgrim
        "Witness mee!"
        Jan 26, 2016
      3. DamianFatale
        DamianFatale
        And a hospital visit. 
        Jan 26, 2016
    13. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      I notice everyone who's put out a game has something to call their dev team. I am my own dev team, so I get to choose it. Too bad Atlas Games is taken  :/ 
    14. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      Hmm, I wonder what I should call this thing. *researches Greek mythos*
    15. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      My favorite part of making a game is the planning period. Me and my team get a base idea of two or three things that will be there, and then after that everyone throws out any thing that pops into their head. With my team, it usually leads to a lot of suffering and deep characters to explore. 
    16. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      Does anyone know of a nice sprite that's playing the piano and/or a better piano sprite than the RTP. I'm missing that grand piano action
      1. View previous comments...
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        You really need to open up a request in the Resource Requests section. Not the thing for a status update.
        Jan 23, 2016
      3. Avery
        Avery
        Jan 23, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Atlas Rose
        Atlas Rose
        Not exactly what I was looking for, but thank you for the help! I'm just going to try and make my own
        Jan 23, 2016
    17. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      Went and downloaded some sf2 files and got four different didgeridoos. I'm happy
      1. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Yay! I love the didgeridoo. I need to investigate about getting a VST of one. Enjoy the goodies you find!
        Jan 22, 2016
    18. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      How much is MV and is it worth it? Bare in mind I'm a student so not much money comes my way in the first place :/
      1. NeoFantasy
        NeoFantasy
        Imo of you have vx/ace you don't really need to upgrade, there are some really great new features like Mac,iOS and android exporting plus the ability to edit while play testing but I would wait for it to go on sale...whenever that may be. 

I think it's about 80$ 
        Jan 21, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        MV is $79.99, as you can see here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/programs/rpg-maker-mv

I have yet to use it personally but it has a lot of features not used in Ace by default, bigger resolution, built in mouse support, more flexible scripting system and just a lot of other little things. Also can be used on mac now and can export to html5 for browser games and can also export games to be played on phones. Long story short you get a lot for your money's worth. 
        Jan 21, 2016
      3. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        If you are short on money, then no.  Wait till you have money to burn.  Especially if you have another maker to use in the mean time.

MV has lots of new stuff, but MV is also missing stuff from Ace.  Also, there is nothing in MV that is absolute must have or actually outdates Ace or XP.

I would recommend to wait till you have money to spend and then try the trial to see if you like the software (or think it is worth it to upgrade).

Money is much much more important to a college student then any game engine software.  I suggest starting up some savings accounts first and save enough money to not be low on money.
        Jan 21, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    19. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      After being gone since last August, I'm finally back and ready to get working on something!
    20. Atlas Rose
      Atlas Rose
      I wish to apologize to everyone, due to issues at home I've not had access to my computer in a long time, and all data for Cicero except extremely early beta is gone. I no longer have a pc, and can't do anything towards rpg maker for a while. Sorry guys
  • About

Birthday:
    April 13
    First Language:
    English
    Sup! My name is Atlas, I am 17 years old and a student at my local art school with a major in music. I play a variety of instruments including piano, flute, oboe, ukulele, and the voice, as well as learning cello and trumpet. I also dabble in many other arts, but the only ones I really consider myself decent in is visual art (both traditional and digital) as well as costuming, sewing plush toys, and creative writing. 

I've been messing around in RM for about a year now, working on and off on various things but never actually completing a project. My experience is mostly in creating stories, art, and recently composing music. Hopefully going to open a music workshop soon to get better at that. I have practically zero experience with scripting and can only do what I can accomplish with events. 

My own personally interests (outside of gaming and the arts) include anime, certain TV shows (Steven Universe, Castle, House, SHIELD, etc), roleplaying, camping, musicals, and scouting. Been a boy scout for almost 3 years now! My favorite games include the Mass Effect Trilogy, Guild Wars, Last of Us, FFX, Phoenix Wright, and Professor Layton. 

Gaming
    Anime (FMA, SAO, and Maria the Vigin Witch are current favs)
    Piano
    Art (mostly digital, but also watercolors)
    Steven Universe

Interact