ATT_Turan
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
    redmedved2
    redmedved2
    I have a separate document where I write down interesting tricks from different plugins, how they can be used and how the different mechanics of the game work.
    I created it for the reason that I have this thing when I draw game art/write the dialogues for a month, and then I enter the game itself, open a random map and just do not understand how the event, which I have created myself, works.:biggrin:
    Shaz
    Shaz
    ... using the same tileset though
    And that's 2,000 posts! Now I know what I've been doing instead of working on my boss battle entry.
    ElCheffe
    ElCheffe
    Think positive. You are helping a lot of other game developers with your posts to complete or continue working on their projects. :thumbsup-left:
    Walldeaf
    Walldeaf
    You helped a lot of people, so that would be worth it :D
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    I accepted a management position at a hospital that's a trauma center so my number of posts is about on par with my time trying to work on games.........
    apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
    guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
    "you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
    • Wow
    Reactions: ATT_Turan
    Arctica
    Arctica
    PS3 is more classic than retro. Retro is SNES, Genesis, NES, Atari, etc.
    Ami
    Ami
    PS3 are available in the world since 2006,the year that graphic evolved to be fully real-life. i think it's not considered retro in my eyes

we need more 5 years to make it happened
    Milennin
    Milennin
    Depends on perspective, I guess. Younger people might consider it retro if it was like their first game experience as kid. For me, I consider everything that came before PS2/NGC to be retro.
    BTW demo will be out soon, you're in the credits. thank you so much for your support :)
    I finished filling one display cabinet with my vintage '80s Star Wars figures. Then I started looking at things on the Anime Figures subreddit...
    Misery
    Misery
    I got a ton of the latter, not enough for one franchise to fill a cabinet, but overall got three.
    g'morning. lol
    • Haha
    Reactions: ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    Sadly so...and I have to drive off in, like, five hours, but I don't feel tired.
    Tiamat-86
    Tiamat-86
    thats probably around the time i'll be going to bed. sun up = sleepy time
    Magus avatar homey!
    Tiamat-86
    Tiamat-86
    Glenn > Ayla > Magus
    edit: i was drawing a blank trying to remember Magus's real name when i'm normally really good at remembering useless game lore. i knew it started with a J. drawing a blank was bugging me so had to look it up again, it was Janus.
    I really wish the event editor could do switch statements without busting out into a plugin function.
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    ThreeSixNine
    ThreeSixNine
    I know there is a line count limit to script call boxes but I've never bothered to check if there's a line length limit...
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Imagine using the script command that much as opposed to just having your own function in a plugin. Sounds nightmarish. Personally I run as much as I can from functions since RM executes each script call individually as an eval. Which forces a lot of extra lines of code. Basically terrible for memory management.
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    @ImaginaryVillain I have no problem writing some scripts and plugin functions as necessary, but I like to stick to the event editor as much as possible...frankly, I have better uses for my limited time than memorizing all of the internal functions and variables of the MV engine :p
    Weirdest thing I've ever done...spent an hour troubleshooting a new plugin glitch to discover it came from two plugins I've been using the entire time. Haven't updated. Just started.
    Happy pi day, y'all.
    Alador
    Alador
    Fun fact: one of the characters in my game is actually a manifestation/personification of PI, so ig today is their birthday! :D
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    I dunno...I feel like what you've received might be an appropriate reward for that kind of knowledge :wink::stickytongue:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Alador
    Alador
    Alador
    (wow I just typed pi in caps lock like I would when typing Math.PI for javascript I'm such a geek) Maybe I brought this living nightmare upon us by ritualistically reciting the digits of pi... oh shoot-
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:
How does one pronounce Godot? I've heard it pronounced a couple of different ways, and I genuinely don't know the proper way.
March 2020 ...
1635188823939.jpeg
... vs October 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivymoda