ATT_Turan
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...
    watermark
    watermark
    Let's look at this simple math. Assuming I can play an average of 3 hours a day for 365 days, that gives me 1095 hours a year. I have 300 games in my Steam that I haven't played. I say it would take average of 10 hours to complete each game. This is not even counting the open world 100+ hour monsters in there. So this means I can finish all my games and realize their true value in 3 years. Yup, not happening.
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    @Sword_of_Dusk Wait, we're counting console titles? *shifty look at the other cupboard*
    Reactions: bishiba
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sword_of_Dusk
    @ATT_Turan I have to because I don't have much on Steam that isn't an RPG Maker or some game demo.
    I won the Kokoro Reflections giveaway! Now that's something to be thankful for :D
    I'm starting a new gig today, which I may not even keep as I have job interviews today and tomorrow. Tumultuous life stuff!
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    If it's a management job I'd recommend turning it down. I got my arm twisted to get one of those and not only is it not much more money but I have even less time to try to make games.......
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    Heh, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I'm not in a financial position to turn down any decent full-time position...but fortunately, neither is a management job.
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    Yeah I know the feeling all too well. That's why I'm thinking seriously of claiming social security at 62 and dropping to part time as that would actually give me more money as well as a lot more time to try to slide into retirement making games which would hopefully mean a much more financially friendly retirement...
    I understand people have different life schedules. But I find it so weird when someone posts about a problem, gets replies, then comes back weeks later.
    Reactions: Mercedes90
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Maybe they come back and read the thread but just don't post in it. Then you hear back later if something doesn't work. We get a lot of people who don't bother to say when someone's suggestion worked and thank them for helping. :(
    Avery
    Avery
    Yeah, or they tell you you got the thing wrong cause of details they never specified in the first place.
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    @Avery Oh yeah, I love that stuff. "These doors won't work because they don't match the purple stripes on my buildings."
    Wrathspawn
    Wrathspawn
    but the commands worked? character approached enemy, slick animation from itch.io played and weapon slashed twice and the special ability worked. What? the edits to note in the skills tab were in effect. You mean the commands are easier to organize with the other plugin but it still worked.
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    Please take this conversation off of my profile so I don't keep getting notifications from you. The situation has been explained to you, both here and in your thread, as to why it's weird that anything worked. If you don't understand, please ask for further explanation in your thread, not here. Or, again, just read the plugins and you'll see what we're talking about.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Please do not use the status feed to discuss game issues. That is what the forum is for, and you already have an active thread for it. The Help link at the top of the page will lead you to the forum and status feed rules.
    It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
    redmedved2
    redmedved2
    I have a separate document where I write down interesting tricks from different plugins, how they can be used and how the different mechanics of the game work.
    I created it for the reason that I have this thing when I draw game art/write the dialogues for a month, and then I enter the game itself, open a random map and just do not understand how the event, which I have created myself, works.:biggrin:
    Shaz
    Shaz
    ... using the same tileset though
    And that's 2,000 posts! Now I know what I've been doing instead of working on my boss battle entry.
    ElCheffe
    ElCheffe
    Think positive. You are helping a lot of other game developers with your posts to complete or continue working on their projects. :thumbsup-left:
    Walldeaf
    Walldeaf
    You helped a lot of people, so that would be worth it :D
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    I accepted a management position at a hospital that's a trauma center so my number of posts is about on par with my time trying to work on games.........
    apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
    guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
    "you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
    • Wow
    Reactions: ATT_Turan
    Arctica
    Arctica
    PS3 is more classic than retro. Retro is SNES, Genesis, NES, Atari, etc.
    Ami
    Ami
    PS3 are available in the world since 2006,the year that graphic evolved to be fully real-life. i think it's not considered retro in my eyes

we need more 5 years to make it happened
    Milennin
    Milennin
    Depends on perspective, I guess. Younger people might consider it retro if it was like their first game experience as kid. For me, I consider everything that came before PS2/NGC to be retro.
    BTW demo will be out soon, you're in the credits. thank you so much for your support :)
    I finished filling one display cabinet with my vintage '80s Star Wars figures. Then I started looking at things on the Anime Figures subreddit...
    Misery
    Misery
    I got a ton of the latter, not enough for one franchise to fill a cabinet, but overall got three.
    g'morning. lol
    • Haha
    Reactions: ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    Sadly so...and I have to drive off in, like, five hours, but I don't feel tired.
    Tiamat-86
    Tiamat-86
    thats probably around the time i'll be going to bed. sun up = sleepy time
    Magus avatar homey!
    Tiamat-86
    Tiamat-86
    Glenn > Ayla > Magus
    edit: i was drawing a blank trying to remember Magus's real name when i'm normally really good at remembering useless game lore. i knew it started with a J. drawing a blank was bugging me so had to look it up again, it was Janus.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th Nov to 2nd Dec (2021)

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Necrozys