Avery
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• I am supposed to help the new students on campus how to start studying at our campus and all the formal and informal stuff at the beginning of the semester during kind of an online class. Any suggestions how to make that as fun as possible?
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    You could play to their desire to pass and emphasize that these are the tools in order to succeed. Or something like that.
    magnaangemon01
    magnaangemon01
    Movie or anime quotes usually help.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Alcohol. :LZSwink:
    Hey dear, If you can please get back to me asap about what i messaged you. I need a better way to communicate with you if you are interested in the offer though.
    Sometimes I look at my very first RPG Maker project and I am both ashamed and impressed. You should always keep your first steps to see how much you've grown ;3
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Honestly, if anyone still has the unpolished version of my completed project back in 2014 which still had full RTP graphics, please send me one. All I have now are just an old screenshot and old video footage.
    Avery
    Avery
    I think what I am the most proud of are my fully evented dressing wardrobe and snack vending machine, both of course with graphics made with MS Paint xD
    ScorchedGround
    ScorchedGround
    My first project was on VX Ace. That was only shortly after Ace came out actually.
    At that time I was still young pretty, so I made a project without any extra assets, pure RTP.

Looking back at it, the mapping was bad and the writing was cringe at best.
    I never finished the project and don't really intend to finish it now, but I don't regret any of what I made back then.
    Me: I'll make a textadventure for class cause I wanna practise other stuff than graphics.

Also me: Look at all these bonus graphics I made for the presentation of the projects!
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    Avery
    Avery
    We are the only game without graphics, but also probably the game with the most costum made graphics (that are only for the presentation). I dunno if it is a win-win, but at least the presentation is very pretty.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    It sounds good though; the irony will not be lost on those who see the glowing presentation.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    RMN did a contest for a "badaptation" a while back, where we had to make a terrible adaptation game of a TV show or movie.

I did Catchphrase as a text adventure. XD
    Loud hammering from downstairs since over an hour... at least a heads up that would happen would've been nice.
    I decided to try to make a mucha-styled artwork, and by now I've sunk more time in studies and sketches than I usually do in the whole thing. Fingers crossed it's worth it!
    What I've seen from the MZ tiles looks pretty inconsistent, bleh. Every plant seems to be drawn in a different style.
    Eliaquim
    Eliaquim
    Well, it's not released yet. So let's hope that before the release they will do some work revision. But IF they are relying on the community to do some work is really not a nice thing. I don't know if they are doing this, but sometimes, I get that impression. Like a lot of plugins makers made bugFixes in the code for MV, and they even care to add to the default code. But I can surely be wrong too in my impression.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    There are limits to how many resources can be put into something before it's not worth the cost sunk into it, and creating a large amount of tiles is a massive amount of work. I don't love that they didn't put enough resources in to make it look, but I also don't think they stopped where they did due to nefarious reasons or out of expectations that we'd fix it for them.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    In fact, in my experience those in Japan find the idea of fan fixes a little foreign and not something to expect at all. I think it all comes down to releases needing to be "good enough" to be out in any reasonable amount of time, and we're all going to disagree with the project director on what "good enough" actually means.
    Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
    gstv87
    gstv87
    I don't even say "hi" to people when I see them, because when I *meet* them, I usually *spotted* them five minutes before they *met* me.
    -"Hey! Hi! How are you! SSSSSSSSSSSSO good to see you! long time no see!" *rub themselves on my face*
    -"Dude... We've met five minutes ago... if you had lifted your eyes from looking at your shoes for two seconds, you would have seen me"
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @gstv87 The trick is to walk around with an unapproachable, murderous look on your face. All scowls and no smiles. xD
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I guess learning that you're not antisocial is a good thing. I've learned the opposite. . . .
    I just saw resources in my own resource thread that I forgot that they ever existed. I'm getting old.
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Or maybe you are just too productive :rhappy:
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I agree with Zeriab. I don't think it has anything to do with age, just that you make so much that keeping it all in your head isn't very likely.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Lol it's ok to get old, my memory isn't like it used to be, either. Right now it means if I make a sandwich and get up to do something else before I eat it, I might make a second sandwich. This has happened like 10 times this year already ;b
    To summarize how life is going lately: I was hit by an automatic sliding door yesterday.
    Yesterday I was told a good friend of mine has stage 3 cancer. Everytime I think this year can't get worse, it gets worse.
    Avery
    Avery
    Thank you guys. I looks pretty good for the stadium he is in, but right now his chances are like rolling a D20, with a crit fail on the 1. I had other bad news from another friend today, and I'm trying my best to handle that.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    When it rains it pours huh...
    *hug*
    Eibon
    Eibon
    So many things you work on and all your efforts, yet you have to deal with this? man, i doný even know what to say. good luck.
    Added the best of all the bois to my avatar. Say Hi to Furby, he's a good one!
    Avery
    Avery
    Furby is a neighbour cat, he is about 22 years old (he was a stray when they adopted him 17 years ago) and he is the sweetest guy ever. He greets me, jumps on my lap whenever he can and demand cuddles all the time - unless he plays with my hair, then I have to watch out of the claws xD
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    That's adorable! The strays near me aren't that social; they're only happy to see me when I bring them snacks xD
    Reactions: Avery
    Avery
    Avery
    Furby is the reason we don't have other strays here xD Even without teeth (the last one was removed like 2 years ago), other cats still avoid him for a good reason :D
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just a heads-up that Slip into Ruby and Jump into Javascript might be a bit slow for now while I'm on the team porting the YEP plugins to VisuStella's MZ suite.
So I managed to build a teleport skill. You can see the progression in the development topic
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/in-dev-multi-hit-target-selection.125049/

Here's how it looks:

But the real question is, can I pull off FF8?

I love these little slime battlers. Really wish I could find more animated ones :'(
The curse of retail: you get ideas, you want to make something with those ideas, but because you're always at friggin' work you can't actually do anything with them.
Quexp wrote on lumimae's profile.
Welcome! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dealdeg