Avery
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• I am doing the evaluation of the feedback from the students who played my game and the comments are killing me. "it was good, we just did not have any smart trains of thought" xD
    gstv87
    gstv87
    lately I've noticed that many gamers go into gaming expecting an objective... they play to win.
    many of them give aspects for granted, especially on console (controls tend to be standarized and learn-and-forget), and fail to check for them.
    so, on one hand, the drive to win, and one the other, the inability to watch their step.
    you see the problem.
    Avery
    Avery
    In fact, in my game they can only win, and even the bad players get supportive feedback. It is an educational game that they play in class, so they already are not intensly into it from the start. My goal is not to challenge them, but to motivate to think outside of the box and find some enjoyment in maths.
    ZombieKidzRule
    ZombieKidzRule
    As soon as you mentioned Math, my inner Golem came out. Not the Mathses! The Mathses are EVIL! Stupid Mathses! Seriously though, math and I are sometimes barely on speaking terms. PEMDAS my *#$! :stickytongue:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    I fiddled around a little with a layout for some kind of character cards to accompany the what the MZ RTP is missing so people can see at first glance which characters have which graphics. Just not sure if I really wanna do and maintain that for all the characters xD
    card.png
    Example is Kasey who is all RTP and some emos by 冷やっこ
    Lady_JJ
    Lady_JJ
    While I think it's a really nice idea, I would prefer that whatever free time you so generously give be spent on adding new and not cataloguing existing. Just my own selfish thoughts here.
    Reactions: BK-tdm
    Avery
    Avery
    I do spend a lot of time on additions in fact xD Actually I feel like I need to step down a bit, because is kinda devalues the work if I post something every day :/
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Not really, posting everyday, if you feel like it and have time to of course, expanding and adding to the bsase assets ita a lot of help for some people believe me :kaopride:
    I had a lot of very random resource output lately. What was your favourite thing?
    • Love
    Reactions: asuran20
    asuran20
    asuran20
    That horse and wagon you posted is beautiful. That was definitely my favorite thing (I really like eventing travels and the lack of horses in MZ was really frustating for me)
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    I have to pick? XD
    fizzly
    fizzly
    If we really need to pick (it's hard to because everything is so awesome), cooking/kitchen icons! And remastered palms from XP.
    Now that I have linklists on large trees and cars, is there any theme that would interest you?
    Reactions: Starbird_Resources
    StrawberryFlower
    StrawberryFlower
    You made one for battlebacks too, right? I wonder what little things people forget to change about their games? Maybe UI/Windowskins? Title screen frames? (for people who care anyway)

Hmmmmm....
    Shaz
    Shaz
    @JohnDoeNews not really - if you read enough forum posts, you get to know how people respond in their other help threads.
    SGHarlekin
    SGHarlekin
    You don't owe anyone here anything, so the criterias you go for to determine whether or not someone gets something from you are your own to make.
    JohnDoeNews
    JohnDoeNews
    @Shaz Yeah, true. But then you need to keep some kind of archive per user, or make a study of each case before you help someone. :p
    In case of making assets that last one might be a good idea, but when helping with other questions, the background check might take many times longer than actually solving the problem. :p
    Taught my students their last lesson, tomorrow I have my next (and last) game test at a school and the rest of the day will be more hotfixing of things. Busy busy busy.
    Just fixed a bunch of bugs and glitches before I have a playtest with a class in four hours xD That is how you do that stuff, right?
    Tomorrow I'll head off to a school, where students can and will playtest my Maths Escaperoom made with RMMZ :3
    Reactions: rpgLord69
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Tha mi a' smaoineachadh gu bheil Gearmailtis nas fhasa na Gàidhlig! (I think that German is easier than Gaelic!)
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    @Trihan At least in German, vowels are vowels and consonants are consonants :stickytongue: Even if some words appear to be 90% consonant :guffaw:
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Vowels are vowels and consonants are consonants in Gaelic as well. There's just a lot of them, everywhere. And like 90% of the time it's an h. :p
    If I ever have too much free time I should finally finish all the possible pack wips that I have lying around...
    asdasdasd.png
    kyonides
    kyonides
    My first impression would be... "what's that white building doing there?" or something like that. XD
    gstv87
    gstv87
    see? this is what I keep struggling with, when doing tilesets.
    doesn't that brick wall look 'slanted' when compared to the other building?
    I mean, it's like there needs to be a certain proportion between things, otherwise it looks weird, especially when put next to something that looks 'right'
    Kes
    Kes
    I think the apparent difference is not because of the tile but the tiling. The brown house has, to my eye, a pleasant and accurate ratio between size of walls and size of roof. The white house has a roof which, again to my eye, is far too small, making the whole thing feel off. It would surely work in a city where all the wall/roof ratios were the same, just not next to a different ratio.
    So weird that I now nearly taught a full semester of lessons and will soon set up an exam for the students... while I am still a student on my own.
    Today I'm sending a (hopefully) funtional demo of my project out, the latest addition was the "Hey, you escaped the escape room"-screen with some graphic references to the solved puzzles.
    1673830946142.png
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sword_of_Dusk
    See, that both sounds quite familiar to me, yet indecipherable at the same time.
    kyonides
    kyonides
    Congratulations!
    You (all) have beated the security system by making it with 13:13 minutes still left (on the clock). You (all) were so fast that one could think that you cheated!

:rolleyes: Well, perhaps they're right about that. :D
    Avery
    Avery
    With a 15-minute timer, that result is basically only possible if you entered said codes about hundreds times and don't even have to look at the puzzles xD
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I drew one of my chars! The man with 100 kids and a lot of love to give :kaopride:
Me: *about to stalk someone's posts*
Forum: "This member limits who may view their full profile."
Me: *bummer*
Also forum: Advanced search > Posted by ...
1B77FB7E-3802-4179-BB2D-F390021512A6.jpeg
Starting a fly by the night dev studio. Anyone want in? Excellent working conditions with onsite lodging. LOL
OMG... I actually managed to recreate my "combat hotkeys" function in MV (eg. press 3 on the keyboard to summon an equip screen to change equipment midcombat).

And it works with Yanfly's Keyboard Config!?

I'm amazed things are working at all, to be frank.
This made me laugh, apparently YT automatically marks my streams as being about "I Wanna Be the Guy"... You know what YT? Wrong game.. but right message, I'll take it. :LZSlol:

i_wanna_be_the_villain.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pp147369