Avery
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Yesterday I was told a good friend of mine has stage 3 cancer. Everytime I think this year can't get worse, it gets worse.
    Avery
    Avery
    Thank you guys. I looks pretty good for the stadium he is in, but right now his chances are like rolling a D20, with a crit fail on the 1. I had other bad news from another friend today, and I'm trying my best to handle that.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    When it rains it pours huh...
    *hug*
    Eibon
    Eibon
    So many things you work on and all your efforts, yet you have to deal with this? man, i doný even know what to say. good luck.
    Added the best of all the bois to my avatar. Say Hi to Furby, he's a good one!
    Avery
    Avery
    Furby is a neighbour cat, he is about 22 years old (he was a stray when they adopted him 17 years ago) and he is the sweetest guy ever. He greets me, jumps on my lap whenever he can and demand cuddles all the time - unless he plays with my hair, then I have to watch out of the claws xD
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    That's adorable! The strays near me aren't that social; they're only happy to see me when I bring them snacks xD
    Reactions: Avery
    Avery
    Avery
    Furby is the reason we don't have other strays here xD Even without teeth (the last one was removed like 2 years ago), other cats still avoid him for a good reason :D
    Besides some minor formal things, I finished my thesis today. One call to my prof and a few tiny fixes that will come from that and I can print it.
    Kes
    Kes
    I can almost hear the sigh of relief from here. Will you have long to wait before it is marked?
    evil_exe
    evil_exe
    Congratulations! Herzlichen Glückwunsch!
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Congrats! Must be quite a relief. (I've been getting some traumatic flashbacks hearing you've been working on yours.)
    Today an old woman yelled insults at me cause I dared to have my phone in my hand while walking.
    LVGames
    LVGames
    Well its crazy a women would insult anyone for walking with a phone in your hand. I dont see why anyone would get angry for that.
    LVGames
    LVGames
    @JohnDoeNews Hello have you took part in the No Travel Game Jam?
    JohnDoeNews
    JohnDoeNews
    Nah... Not really. But lets not talk about me... Otherwise Avary gets all those notifications. She might think she's popular and then it turns out to be for me. I won't do that to her... I know how that feels. :stickytongue: Haha.
    (Edit: I hope it's clear I am just being a goof... Not really sad and lonely. I'm just not that active here, therefor 4 notifications at once is a ton for me.)
    I miss being at the campus so much :/ We will have remote lessons for the whole semester.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    We're remote through the summer term too. Decision on Fall term coming by July 1st.
    When a company _finally_ sends you the data you needed one month ago and you have to rewrite your thesis in many points... at least I was _right_ with the stuff I assumed to be found in there.
    I feel like I spend much more time on my pc and still get much less done while in isolation.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    jkweath
    jkweath
    I definitely feel you. I've been off work for more than 2 weeks now and have had all the time in the world to get RPG work done. I've definitely made progress, but nowhere near as much as I did during my 1-week Christmas break. Not to mention my sleep pattern is all out of whack, sleeping for 10-12 hours a day...
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Have you heard the saying "If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it?" I think part of the reason why it's true is that humans are actually less effective when we're expected to focus on one thing for too long. Our minds crave variety!
    Sharm
    Sharm
    So it makes sense that you can't get things done, your body is working against you right now, trying to get you off the computer and doing something different for a change. i think if you mix it up you'll get more done in a shorter time frame.
    Today's joyful task: Going through 4 different documents with different input from people for my 42 pages of thesis and trying to improve it.
    The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    So you're saying you could have saved time by just hiring an 8th grader off of Fiver? Huh.... Schooling just go so much cheaper! :LZSexcite:
    Avery
    Avery
    Damn... should've done that.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    take a look at the small print of various contracts, and try to summarize what they actually say.
    reverse the process to write your thesis: simple concepts, in very complex wording.
    Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
    Avery
    Avery
    Lately mostly Sabaton (not cheesy though), but also Powerwolf (not everything, stuff like "Armata Strigoi" and "Sanctified with dynamite" and I have to ignore the actual content because it's pretty weird, they are kind of catholic werewolves in a parallel world xD) and Gloryhammer (veeeery cheesy though, but I love it) and lately one song from Ad Infinitum, Marchin on Versailles.
    Avery
    Avery
    Some stuff I listen to lately, if someone cares ;3
    padr81
    Ad Infinitum is one of my new fave bands, nice proggy sound and modern production. That girl sings in about 100 bands now but thats her best for sure. My fave bands are the older ones (Angra, Hammerfall, Blind Guardian), and I love Italian Power Metal. Temperance, Noveria, Vision Divine and Labyrinth being particular faves. So melodic and always cheers me up.
    For those who are bored, I guess many artists would love to see how their resources are used in game, so making and sharing some screens of your games is always a good option ;3
    I consider making small daily resources to keep everyone else happy through these times. What do you think?
    Thus proabably being stuck at home soonish, I do my best and resort my stuff at home to get more space and to remind myself of what I actually have.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Are you going to shopping? Or are you clean your house? I cannot guess what you doing.
    Avery
    Avery
    I go though my stuff and put it back in a better sorted way. That way I can have more room e.g. on my desk, that I have not used in a while as I did not work from home since months ;3
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candutekno