Avery
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Whenever I see people using the big icon set (you know, the one without credits and with rips) or Avadan's Ship or both it's such a huge turn off for me to play.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Yes, it's still a rip off. Avery started making a ship, that you can use without any troubles. :)
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Hmm... so most of big iconsets are ripped resources? I never knew
    _Shadow_
    _Shadow_
    "I have a Blacklist for resources in a German forum and I am thinking about translating it, but I'm still not sure about that. "

Please do! Lamers deserve no attention or traffic.

I hate art stealers. Really.
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    did you do that with a mouse or a tablet? And it may be messy (all art is before its finished, i imagine) buts its a much better face than i personally have been able to produce. :<
    Avery
    Avery
    I got a new shelf and ned to rearrange about half of the stuff I own. Yay for having it, oh no for hours of sorting things.
    Kes
    Kes
    I bet you find things you'd forgotten you had.
    Any small Valentine's Day related resource suggestions I could add for Restaff?
    TheReboot
    TheReboot
    Well, in that case, i suggest either a wider variety of flowers :3 Or butterflies, or both! The flowers in the maker are so booooring D: I'd like to have pretty bushes and indoor plants. Also, yay valentines day! <3 xD
    Avery
    Avery
    I have a wide variation for those as icons ;D
    TheReboot
    TheReboot
    =O! Good enough for me! :3 Now I can have a flowershop!
    Checked all resource requests of the last three months and still found no inspiration. Meh.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Yes! So amazing, I can't ever get things that tiny to look so good.
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    been also looking at the scripts request from time to time, looking if there's something motivating enough to do...
    nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    I generally don't do any kind of request because well due my lack of english this make everything non-understable for me...so if the guy don't describe well what he/she want well I will surelly not be able to fulfill the request :/
    Whenever I see a request with nearly no text or references I automatically loose every interest in helping even if the theme would be interesting to do...
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Yeah, it's hard to be invested in someone else's stuff when they don't seem all that invested in it themselves.
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    That is exactly how I feel. Sharm. Some people leave such vague and generic sounding requests.

When I do work for someone I ask a battery of questions. My creativity thrives on information.
    Avery
    Avery
    I wanted to fulfill random requests and spread a little happiness, but I just can't find anything appealing where I feel the person really cares. *sigh* (And it doesn't help that I just don't like to do chars/faces/down poses for random heroes)
    What kind of icons should a RTP-like icon set definitly include (just equipment and items)?
    Sharm
    Sharm
    A few potion bottles, some weapon and armor varieties and a few collectables and I think you're good. Oh, and money. Gotta have some form of money.
    whitesphere
    whitesphere
    Magic and status effect icons: Poisoned, confused, paralyzed, petrified, the various elemental attacks.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Why not some icons that denote elemental qualities to certain other items? Maybe even states on some of the items? What about an assortment of bottles with differing styles and liquid colors?
    I just can't take a break... I have this urgent need to add things to the current Restaff before it's out Dx
    Avery
    Avery
    Sure, but there are so many things planned for the next week and I feel like there are things missing >_<
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I know the feeling. I lost a whole week and only have a two day window to catch up. I won't be able to do as much as I wished but if I focus I can be happy with what I get done.
    Avery
    Avery
    I am really happy with the things I have done, I never thought Iwould be able to do so many things I am not used to do. But still I want it to be as usable as possible and any missing thing might be a reason not to use it >_<
    The hard decision: working on Restaff stuff or normal icons? ... or spend the whole evening playing heroes of might and magic because I can't make a decision?
    Sir Edward Dewey
    AriesFireTiger
    AriesFireTiger
    You know what you have to do!!
    Caz
    Caz
    You've done some crazy work this month, I'm honestly really impressed and looking forward to what everyone thinks of what you made! I think you deserve a nice break after all your effort. :D
    Why the heck didn't I have you in my friends list? How am I supposed to stalk you? Fixed THAT oversight D<
    Knighteriius
    Knighteriius
    So are you just saying it takes dedication? I've got better in recoloring and just the general basics like spriting and stuff, I just enjoy other people's style to my own. x)
    Avery
    Avery
    Spriting isn't basic stuff to me ;) Really basic stuff is putting sheets together, recoloring pixel art (palette swap) and simple edits. I just feel like many people use their first (bad) try as excuse. I've heard so many "If I had your talent I'd..." or "Someone has to do this for me, I have no talent". Maybe there are few people who just sat down and made gorgeous stuff. I just mean that it isn't only talent. It's mostly work, a lot of hard work. I also h...
    Avery
    Avery
    *had a really crappy thing as first result, but I just didn't stop there. And I know that I still need practise and improvement.
    I am SO excited for this Restaff, I have no words for it.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    It is coming along really nicely. I'm excited too.
    There will be exactly 100 new icons in an hour in my thread :3
    Caitlin
    Caitlin
    o_O Wow! Now, that's amazing...
    Nirwanda
    Nirwanda
    Admit it! You're some kind of awesome futuristic icon machine right?
    Avery
    Avery
    Uhm, I dont know if it's unusual xD And I am pretty sure I am a human beeing xD
    Sorting my books and found that I own a book about Minnesang printed in 1913 xD
    Hm, shall I write a tutorial forthe modular icons or is it easy enough to work with them?
    Kes
    Kes
    I think they are easy to use, but thinking of people new to the engine, or new to frankenspriting, a tutorial might be helpful.
    AriesFireTiger
    AriesFireTiger
    Using them should be easy enough, but I'm inclined to agree with ksjp17; People new to this might not know where to start, so a guide could be very useful to newbies ^^
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am playing Momodora today and OMG this game is hard! o.o
Really happy to see people from Brazil doing an amazing game :3
Just noticed... I'm now called a Veteran not just Member...
Effervesce Fallacy™ - PV - C'est La Vie, for the best viewing experience, run the EXE, and adjust the audio via Options. The footsteps sounds are once again, barely audible. :frown: The PV only sounds as intended, if BGM Volume is set to 20%, or 40%, depending on your audio hardware.

Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Tonight, I get revenge on the Buccaneer Program! Feel free to drop by!
-Updated- Lowered fog / found more problems :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron213