• Life is about choices...

Life is about purpose...

Life is about:

YEAH!!!!

THAT IS WHAT LIFE IS ABOUT!
    Reactions: 1 person
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
       What. The. F-(deleted Expletive). Did I just choose to watch?

Revenge!

My cousin's kids introduced mine to this 'gem' during our fourth of July Barbecue. Right as we were leaving my single brother approached his nieces and encouraged them to 'sing the bellybutton song all the way home.' Next time I see him he's getting punched in the face.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Oh.

That is a meme from 2008 and 9ish.

back when Memes were cool. *puts on hipster clothes*
    Anybody got some teleport stones to bring @Scythuz back?

Can't live without the dark soul new meta meme exchanges D:
    *music box song starts to play*

Oh no...my one weakness!

*cries uncontrollably and produces enough tears to get into the record books for greatest rainfall.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    *goes to ask Scythuz for a commision of a happy music box song for once, but realize that he is gone for a week plus...

...as if fate deems I fall into a depression deeper than any other.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    To the Moon must have completely destroyed you.
    The idea of the NX using cartridges makes me think...

...Should cartridges come back?

Space is no longer all that big of an issue for them and thus perhaps the higher speed, more reliant and cheaper benefits of them (actually might not be cheaper with the newer tech, need to look this up) could make them the better option.

Yes, discs still provide more space, but nobody uses all of the space on them now (besides Square Enix BS hypothetical situations).
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I think cartridges will be the better choice for anybody not Sony, as they are probably charging an arm and a leg for competitors to use BluRay, if they're even allowing that at all. And even still, a cartridge would likely be a modified SD/MicroSD card of some description, meaning it could outstrip a BluRay in terms of space anyway. Additionally, no moving parts means less to break.

Cartridges are the past tech of the future. Go figure!
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    Let's see:

Faster Loading times.

More data can be hold.

They don't break as easily.

They look nicer and are easier to stack without boxes.

No worries about scratches, especially if it's like the DS/3DS.

Only downfall is that it would be more expensive, but they could still get away with $70 retail, I wouldn't mind it when you consider inflation. Nintendo games don't tend to take up as much space as other games, so it's possible.

Honestly, this was something that should've been looked into as far back as last generation.
    The 4th. The best international holiday.

F YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wimps having to gather together and still have to take care of us? LOL

At least Britain got some now.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    *barbecue oh god I'm so ashamed of my typo on this holiest of days.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Real Canadians barbecue in winter. However, works best with the barbecue right next to the patio door because otherwise the food is cold by the time you get it inside...
    VideoWizard
    VideoWizard
    There are fireworks in winter, at least down here. New Year's Eve has more than a few fireworks set off around here in celebration of the new year. I guess it's not a thing where it's colder?
    Reactions: 2 people
    Euphony
    Euphony
    STOP HYPING ME. It's still so far away. ;o;
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Euphony - Everytime you think of it, it will get delayed.

Was prophesied by an ancient race who likes to kill itself with weapons of mass destruction and advanced technology beyond our grasp.
    Shiroi Akuma
    Shiroi Akuma
    Woah, they copied a ****on of features from other games D: So this game is an all in one package. 

Hello.  This is the overdramatic stress causing center.  Please cry about your issues in the most stress causing way here.

Example: I heard that @Scythuz said that @Dalph™ was stupidly dumb as a villain and even let the hero get away.
    Dalph
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Ah, like a councelling service but better? Sign me up, please. There are a lot of things I'd like to moan, complain, and weep about.
    Any good non-fantasy rpgs that are third or first person that someone can recommend?

Looking for a fix for my fallout 3 and NV itch.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Dalph™ - Yes, I am a boob man thus hate the discrimination against it with all these butt shots in Mass effect series /sarcasm (funny that this is suppose to be the company advocating better treatment of woman, but no company sexualizes as much as bioware does).

@kovak - I shall check it out. Thank you :)
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    The original Deus Ex is also really good if you don't mind the aged graphics.

If you like sci-fi and dystopian settings, might want to check out Mars: War Logs. Don't expect a triple A quality, but it's still a pretty fun game. I enjoyed it.

Alpha Protocol is a very nice RPG. It's modern day espionage in its setting. Imagine you're James Bond, but better.

Have you played Dishonored yet? If not, do it now!

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is also really good if you don't mind aged graphics. Modern day setting with vampires.

If you are into sidescrollers, you could try Dex. It's a cyberpunk game with RPG elements.
    JCBrickston
    JCBrickston
    I would recommend Circus Charlie, but only if your machine can handle the graphics on this beast.

Watch out for those tea pots with flames coming out of them. They'll get you every time.

Oh, wait, you all are talking about RPG's. Try Where's Waldo on the SNES. :D
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @taarna23 - this is probably the most true 3d zelda ever.

The game was made to be an open world take any path game initially with zero handholding and mostly about combat (and finding secrets).

They are just mad that Zelda is not trying to be mainstream and force itself in the mold of all the other third person games anymore.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Yeah, some of the guys over at Ars Technica likened it to the original Zelda game, where you start in a field, and there is a cave and some exits. Best of luck, hero. XD
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    It's going to happen. Skyward Sword has 4 million and that's underwhelming for a 3D Zelda.

There's more then enough interest for the game, it had the longest lines at E3.

And even if the Wii U version doesn't break 2 million, the combination of the Wii U and NX versions definitely will.

At least, it's a lot more reasonable than Square needing FFVX to sell 10 million.
    I have seen so many people say stardew Valley > Harvest Moon with all of it's improvements, but have yet to hear what these improvements actually are that they like.

Note: I am not hating Stardew Valley, just curious why everyone is saying it is much better then harvest moon.
    Archeia
    Archeia
    I tried that with old man but it's really rare when I tried that he talks about randomly. He's super closed off and usually I do run into an event instead. But alas, more npc dialogue with be appreciated haha
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    A lot of his dialogue changes with season, location, occasionally time of day, and whether or not you've been raising affinity with him.  He's got the most dialogue in the game, I think, but a lot of it is very circumstantial and less "random".
    FlameEX
    I still want Harvest Moon. I don't even know why people like Stardew Valley...Harvest Moon FTW!!
    Feel sorry for all my british friends.  The value of the pound is dropping rapidly to the point that it might be better to invest in stock of a foreign business to help soften the damage.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Shiroi Akuma - No that is Dragon Ball Z

A show about a carrot that becomes more tasty as it turns yellow and get longer leafs
    Hudell
    Hudell
    oh god please no.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Noooo Zelda is a single-player adventure and should remain that way. If they want to change up the formula, they should make the next game star Zelda (or Tetra) as the hero (that CD-i atrocity doesn't count).
    Just started a new game of Odin Sphere Leifthrasir for the first time.

10/10 - Would pick up and pet cat as a little girl before story time again.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    This game (speaking about the original PS2 Odin Sphere) is so well-liked in communities I frequent.  But I've given it three different chances over a decade or so, and every time I get turned off by the (in my experience) confusing navigation, clunky controls, melodrama, and general lack of player inconveniences.  There are obviously cool ideas at work but in the four or five hours I've played, none of them ever jell.  I must be missing something that everyone else sees - so I'm interested what it is that you love about OS?
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Wavelength - I never played the original (never liked it due to the frame rate issues and clunky controls to the point I forgot it existed), but this new version really has lots of improvements to the controls, very sick art work, and I am having lots of fun with it.

Although, I am use to melodrama due to the fact that I grew up playing jrpgs.

...and very, very, very few japanese rpgs are even less than 90% melodrama tbh (although that is actually purposeful most of the time as a stylistic choice when you look at the history of japanese culture).
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Thanks, AC!  I may have to give it another try if this version was good enough to change your mind about the game - it sounds like they may have fixed a bunch of my pain points.

Once I got accustomed to JRPGs I started sticking to games that don't take themselves too seriously - stuff from the Tri-Aces and Tales Studios and Carpe Fulgurs of the world. :)   Gravitas in a plot is great, but I can't do all drama, all the time and then switch back to gameplay mechanics that are supposed to be about having fun!
    The new Zelda is getting alot of help from monolith (Xenoblade guys).

This explains why it is getting more gameplay focused and I hope it gets monolith more attention, they are way above an average game dev in terms of skill and they need to be recognized for it.
    kovak
    kovak
    Cuz that's what binds most of players. On the other hand some old school players will not like it, really old school who misses how the 1st Zelda was will like it a lot.
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    I haven't had a console in forever, but man... I'm tempted, lol. 
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Monolith will forever be in my heart for making Baten Kaitos. Even though they're also crushing said heart by not making a third installment. ( ಥ ▃ ಥ)
    That new Fallout 4 dlc...

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO FALLOUT!?
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @kovak - I really dislike Todd.

I feel he is chasing over creating.
    kovak
    kovak
    Bethesda is way bigger now than it was before Skyrim's release and it has been releasing other games that are famous franchises now. It's the damn cicle of business...but not for Valve cuz they have steam.
    kovak
    kovak
    Bethesda is way bigger now than it was before Skyrim's release and it has been releasing other games that are famous franchises now. It's the damn cicle of business...but not for Valve cuz they have steam.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What are you thankful for? I'm thankful that I no longer have PTSD, and that I get to enjoy a good meal with my mom and stepdad! It might not be the same as before COVID, but at least I still get to enjoy the holiday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryndor