AwesomeCool
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• RPG Maker MV: 3D edition has just leaked!

It is going to be released on June 25th for the price of 199 US dollars.

source:
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Who is SME? :o
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Marsigne - It is a new Youtube feature that is replacing the subscribe button.

I started a thread for a more serious discussion:

We need this and we need it now!
    So apparently there is an outcry over a mod that changes a dateable character's race in Stardew Valley.  Note: An OPTIONAL user made MOD for a SINGLE PLAYER game.

" But there’s also been debate brewing around a certain form of character alteration: ethnicity/background. It began shortly after Stardew Valley launched, with one player releasing a mod that made Maru, a young woman with a black father and white mother, look whiter. They ultimately took down the mod after a storm of backlash, and then backlash to said backlash. (Other players have since posted their own takes on that mod, however.) The gist was that many people didn’t get why somebody would want to turn the game’s only non-white marriage option white. At the same time, though, other players were confused as to why making Maru lighter was a problem, but modding Alex, the lone jock in a town of gentle green thumbs, to be more Hispanic-looking wasn’t. "

source: http://steamed.kotaku.com/stardew-valley-player-mods-game-to-make-characters-more-1767554763

What is next?  A law that makes it illegal to reject a date invitation?
    Reactions: 1 person
    Luck Of Kurisu Saimon Des
    Shh the  mods are coming 
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Alexander Amnell - Japan is such an awesome place to visit (but not stay, as they do not like outsiders), especially during the Cherry Blossom Festival.  When did you go to visit Japan?

@Nirwanda - It is spreading over all 1st world countries honestly.  Even, Japanese censorship is starting to get annoying (Especially anything regarding gore).

I don't know why people cannot accept that there are things out there that they will not like.  I find Romance novels to be incredibly offensive and/or stupid, but I will not go to the streets and start screaming about forcing it to change to fit my demands.

ex: 100 year old male virgin vampire breaks into 16 year old girls house to watch her sleep, but he is incredibly hot, so it k (Twilight, teaching young girls that true love is about being stalked and observed obsessively by a hot guy 24/7).
    @AwesomeCool yes that's  just it superstition 

chills down my spine
    Ah, the gaming community.  The only place where a game failing is more desirable then a game succeeding.

The Division proves this once again. Any site that gives it a good score is payed off and any site that gives it a bad score is still rating it to high (it is only honest and truthful if it is below a five of course).

How about instead of going after a game you don't like, only focus on what you enjoy instead?

Makes a person happier, less stressed out and a more attractive person to be around overall.
    Reactions: 3 people
    Nikoback
    Nikoback
    It's your expectations. Game Quality has gone up substantially the past 2 years, but over excitement led decent games into being considered massive failures
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Nikoback - I agree 100%.

Games have gotten better and are more abundant (and also more varied) then ever before.

Overtime, gamers have gotten insanely picky and demand that all games be tailor made to them.

Example:

A multiplayer only game being being hated on by people who enjoy single-player alot more (even though the game is not targeted at them and adding a tacked-on single player will take away from the devs resources that would make the multiplayer better).

Do not like shooters?  How about instead of hating on how many shooters there are, go for the many non-shooters available. 

There are even Gamers wishing that indie games would straight up disappear off the market.  Even though it would not impact them if it did or not exist (and probably would greatly hurt gaming as a whole by forcing out alot of players).
    gilgamar
    gilgamar
    Oddly enough, I've found the indie games to be more satisfying lately than the big AAA games. I think I'm just bored of the same old games and the indie ones at least try to do something different.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    RIP Taarna23

XXXX-20XX

Died by yummy cookies.

"A true rebel till the very end."
    deilin
    deilin
    Don't forget the glass in Dijorno Pizza and Carona beers.
    Roscalin
    Roscalin
    just when you feel safe buying name brands... this happens.
    I demand that all plug-ins/scripts need to have a humorous screenshot (or joke) in the opening post of the topic. Preferably including a meme to show the scripters intellectual prowess.

Why?

For that forum is boring and is turning away potential forum goers.

(Ex: Reddit has a much bigger userbase.  Why?  For Everything on reddit is a meme and showcases the height of human intellect.)

When one comes to this site, what do they look for?

To learn to become a lame Nerd? To be successful and fail at life as a result? Boredom?  Good Food?

No!

They come to be entertained! We only live once and thus all must squander as much of there life as they possibly can to cause there life to feel meaningless and empty.

People do not come to this site to talk about game development, learn how to make games, or showcase sweet resources.

We all come to this site for one thing, DANK MEMES.

My friends, it is time that we all come together and admit the truth, we only exist for the sake of MEMEs and live by the code of MEMEs.
    deilin
    deilin
    Female armor design flaws:

AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @deilin - Well to be fair, traditional game dual wielding would not exist either and armor would be more of a decorative then a protective thing (if we wanted any form of realism).

Also, Katana's would be the best weapon ever (and would be the only weapon used except by poor people who use could not afford them and had to settle with crappy European swords),  with it's super sexy design and the glorious nippon steal used to showcase the weapons true from, perfection.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I thought they came here to look for plugins and scripts.  

Shows what I know ...
     Most butchered NoA censorship yet :/

(right USA version and Left Japanese English translated version)

...Why do people defend censorship again?
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    If I had facepalmed any harder, my face would be flat.  :|
    Euphony
    Euphony
    It's because people in the Western world will be offended by anything and everything these days. The head of the localization team probably called a meeting and was like, "Did you guys hear how an American was offended by a coffee cup last week? Man, we definitely can't have our anime characters talking about murder!"
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Euphony - You are right!

Someone might hear something that they might disagree with thus causing them to be *gasp* offended!

There is no worse thing that could happen then that.

I mean, the only things we learned by being offended was everything anyway.  Did you see how many people Galileo triggered by talking about the world being round?  Imagine how many lives died by those words!

After all, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are guaranteed to kill and ruin (you can live with a few broken bones). 

Also, people need the truth, not this thing called facts (lol more like propaganda lol).
    I hate intellisense.  At times, it makes me take twice as long to finish a post due to one issue because to it.  Sometimes it bugs out and doesn't let me line break till I delete the thing the forum is trying to "fix".  Other times it doesn't activate and I have to delete it and try again till it starts working (generally with @ not bringing up any user names at times).  There are even times where it kicks in when I do not want it to.

I wish there was a way to do the code manually. :(

Intellisense is fine, but there is no way to correct any mistakes that intellisense makes and it doesn't offer the precision of doing it manually.
    Victor Sant
    Victor Sant
    Yes, it's terrible.

I hate how it tries to do things that i don't want to be done. Ok, some people like it (I don't understand why, but whatever), but there are people that really dislike it.

I can say that, if this wasn't the official product forum, I would already have dropped here because how horrendous the posting experience is.
    Did you read this status post or just thought you did?

Choices:

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • It was all a dream
    • Got Amnesia and do not remember cliche
    • It's...It's not like I want to answer this question, BAKA!
    • It was Dio
    • None of these answers make sense... ...or do they?
    • [insert meme]
    • Onii-Chan! Onii-Chan! Onii-Chan! Onii-Chan! Onii-Chan! Onii-Chan! Onii-Chan! Onii-Chan!
    • inb4 a choice that makes sense
    • in after a choice that makes sense
    • 1337 hacker made me do it
    • Throw question back to avoid the question
    • Use anecdotal evidence
    • Call someone dumb, stupid, ignorant, not attractive or successful (Do not be hateful enough to call someone
    • Another Amnesia cliche choice cuz everyone else uses it, so why not take it a step further
    • Complain that this update needs more innovation to be good.
    • Complain that this update needs to follow what others are doing more.
    • Complain about this post even though it is your fault
    • Marry a chicken
    • Eat a chicken
    • Realize that the chicken was the one you married
    • Question your sanity for making it this far
    • tl;dr
    • none of the above
    • all of the above (including none of the above)

Do you have what it takes to be a bad enough dude to answer this question?

Choices:

• *see last choice selection for options*
    I would love a Division impression that goes into if the game is fun or not (user reviews do not count due to how quick to judge they are).

I do not care about the story, loot system or presentation of the game, if it is not known if it is fun enough to stick around for it or not.

The best I found is that it is a third person cover based shooter (not if the shooting is good or not).

Not much info about how good the AI is, how challenging it is, enemy variety, world density, skill variety, world variety, character creation, etc.
    Why is there such a big backlash against anything that does not have the happiest ending possible for all the good guys?

I love my bittersweet and sad endings, but westerners tend to hate stories with that type of ending (most just flat out avoid them).
    Olivier
    Olivier
    I don't have an explanation for this but I know that my mom gets mad when the attractive characters die
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Zortik - I always feel fans are hypocrites in that regard.  They say that they hate cliches and want originality till it actually happens (it is why verbal/written fan feedback is generally not seen as that useful).  

I mean look at Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (was a new dirrection for Zelda and was hated at release but now is well loved) and Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (was exactly what fans demanded and is consider one of the worst Zelda games).

@Sharm - That makes alot of sense. Although I would not consider Americas current situation a difficult time for the country, other people might think it is.  

Ex: Oh no! I have to pick either a 70" TV or this years Iphone now!  I never had to do this before and thus America is collapsing. (real situation reported on my local news station >.>)

I probably jumped the gun a bit on my reasoning now that I think about it (although I still want more bittersweet and serious stories).

@Olivier - You should get your mom to care about good characters over just attractiveness. //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_tongue.gif
    Sharm
    Sharm
    You're focusing too much on the physical.  It's the other stuff that worries us.  Things are just an outlet for stress.
    IGN article title: "Make babies with your friends."

Totally not click baity at all.

(spoiler: the game was Fire Emblem).
    NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    How to make babies with friends.

Step 1:Bake Chrom a pie.

Step 2: Bake Chrom another pie.

Step 3: See Chrom naked.

Step 4: Profit.
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    I think it was She-Robin instead of Sumia whose supports were about seeing each other naked but the food supports do feel forced. I'd rather everyone had a select number of supports rather than forced supports even despite the irony of this support between Chrom and Sumia who both have limited supports.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @NeoFantasy - every support chain was like that in Awakening. >.<

Just replace pie with the characters specific one-dimensional trait.

Like stalking, puns, being practically invisible, etc (they do not even develop which is the worst part).

Lucina + Robin's chain was especially awful.  Aka, talk about how Lucina's world sucks three times in a very depressing way (the two characters do not even talk about anything about themselves just how much the future sucks)  and then have a 180 for the last one with the two becoming the happiest couple ever (and living happily ever after).

If it wasn't for the fact that Lucina's dialog changes, I would never ever bothered to go through that chain (something I miss that Fates does not do).

@BloodletterQ - Doesn't everybody marry the first person they see naked?  Why else would you consider marrying them?  Personality?  LOL!

...fine, being a good cook helps too.
    BEHOLD! My greatest invention!

The Puppy generator!

All will have puppies!  All will submit to the adorableness! 
    That Bread
    That Bread
    //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_biggrin.gif Now can we have a kitty generator!
    I just noticed that I haven't followed everyone yet *cough* stalk *cough*.

I am disappointed that I neglected my Creeper skills over the past 5 minutes.
    Ok the HTC VIVE got me interested in VR.  The Oculus didn't seem that great for a VR experience (I still think that), but VIVE looks so much more immersive and interesting.

Just look at this 3d painting demo:
    Dalph
    Dalph
    I was interested into it too...

...then I saw the price and everything changed.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Dalph™ - I know that the price is high (although it is much more advanced and only $200 above the rift somehow).

...but most tech follows that pattern (the price is incredibly high for tech for the first releases).

Just like what happened with TVs (every new TV resolution follows this patter), Computers, etc.

I actually like that though (let the suckers/risk takers go first in a way).  If a VR device has tons of problems with it, then we will know about it BEFORE we take the plunge.

(just like pre-orders)
    It doesn't get much better then this:
    Dalph
    Dalph
    It's a sign! The divinity of this video gave me an extra like...it's...it's...a Miracle!
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Dalph™ - My friend's cancer was cured after viewing this video.

He went on to be the richest man and is currently known as the happiest and most desired man of all time.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Was it Czar Squid making the Sanic comics?
    This is the problem I have with the way games and movies treat LGBT issues right now.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-will-get-openly-gay-character-jj-abrams-/1100-6435141/

They advertise and bank on controversy by making it a big deal.  

They push two opposing opinionated sides to fight each other to get more publicity and cause a greater divide between the two groups (increasing hate).

You cannot make something normal by constantly pointing out how it is different.  People will just end up focusing on the different part.

If I constantly brought up someones disability and comforted them about it, would they feel normal?
    Reactions: 2 people
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    But they already had C3P0
    Nirwanda
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Yeah... All you non vision impaired peoples sickens me each time you push me in the subways or asking me why I am in the opposite gender's toilets asking me if I am blind!  Would anyone would be companionate to a transbat? <jk>

On a more sensitive joke apart reaction; I am clearly afraid by that because it gets into the person caught stealing and calling racist the cop doing the arrest.  I heard a LGBT friendly radio making hate rants against cis and hetero oriented peoples.  I never burned down any smokers, handicapped, younger than 18 person making me advances, same or different gendered people wanting out with me before.  But, we have to understand that inclusivity also means not stoning intolerants that are now the new visible minority.  Else a lot of nuts intolerants will be dying for being bad customers!  (And yeah, I was once asked to try to do something versus my very own sexual preferences just to prove I wasn't intolerant and/or let myself learn that I might after all just be homosexual.  I felt that mind manipulation borderline harassment and almost a rape.  I mean, come on...  harassment even exist in heterosexuals, I am not homophobic... But I can become so if harassed in the name of tolerance.)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.
I always see a few people asking for C# in next engine and I always thought: Do I not know enough about that language to tell it will affect extensibility and customizability to the negative? Watching a video from SumRndmDde today I feel confirmed.
If you had some musical requests in line with me.. feel free to re post! Corona has killed me and have recently got my internet back <3
I'm now working on procedural generated World Maps for my own project.
Is there anyone who's interested in having this Plugin for his own game?
I have a dream where RMer are not blinded and too dependant on published script / plugins...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drakonic