Recent content by awesomerhys

1. awesomerhys

Games you hate, yet everyone else cherishes.

Putting on the whole series because of only 3 games? XD I would recommend some of the earlier titles, namely Symphonia, Vesperia and Abyss. They're better paced, have decent stories and characters and they're not so big on simply grinding. They all have annoying moments of course (most of the...
  2. awesomerhys

Definitely. IX holds up so well even today, more than what can be said for VII and VIII. The characters are just seriously excellent. I love watching Zidane change as the game progresses, coping with the loss that happens all around him. I love that Garnet isn't your typical princess in distress...
  3. awesomerhys

I dunno. Chrono Trigger was around 20 hours the first time through, and that told a wonderful story without padding things out. It's a shame with VIII that they must have felt obligated to make it as long as VII, even though it didn't need to be at all. With IX, I will agree things get a little...
  4. awesomerhys

I felt that FFVIII was just completely uninspired. I don't think it really knew what kind of story it wanted to tell, and I'd rather sit through ten back-to-back maths papers than work that junctioning system. It's like it took all the good VII did and just stomped it into dust. I don't think...
  5. awesomerhys

Pretty much. You don't even get a sense of accomplishment from finding rares. The loot system is just that bad.
  6. awesomerhys

This. Destiny is simply awful. I've never seen such an over-budgeted, overhyped lie be lapped up this willingly. It's not an MMO like they claim it to be, and it's not even a solid FPS. The story could have been better written by a pre-schooler, the loot system is utterly broken and the PvP...
  7. awesomerhys

I never said they were the same. Just pointing out that their statement was needless. Obviously Nintendo didn't make those games. But they have strong ties to Platinum from games like Viewtiful Joe, Okami & Okamiden, Madworld B2 and W101.
  8. awesomerhys

Oh no, I'm perfectly calm. It just struck me as kind of odd that you would return to the convo at that point, when someone simply mentioned that there were Platinum developed games on a Nintendo console.
  9. awesomerhys

LOL, nobody's saying Nintendo made those games. But they did publish them. And without Nintendo's backing those games wouldn't even exist. I guess it must hurt you that one of the best developers in the world have two exclusives on a Nintendo console though, right? Ouch!
  10. awesomerhys

Ehh, I'm not trying to sway anyone. Their opinion is their's to own and that's completely fine. Just when it's justified so poorly it can be kinda frustrating.
  11. awesomerhys

There's certainly a strong argument to be made for Nintendo sticking to their guns time and time again, and it's proper fun to debate. What I love about them is their mass appeal. I wouldn't just say kids and old people either. I'm 22 and I have the same passion for Nintendo now that I did when...
  12. awesomerhys

Ah I see how it is. I've contradicted your opinion, so I'm obviously wrong, and you're trying to kill it before I even have a chance to debate further? Classic move. I have played the game and I stand by everything I said about XIII. In my opinion, the cast of characters just do nothing for me...
  13. awesomerhys

Fair enough. I wasn't specifically talking about how well it sold or how it's scored on Metacritic. Just that the trilogy completely flies in the face of what used to make FF so special. The characters are devoid of charm, their quest has a complete lack of substance or meaning, and the battle...
  14. awesomerhys

Final Fantasy is a pretty poor example of innovation, imo. That's a series that's kicking and screaming from beyond the grave. Though XIV: ARR is pretty damn amazing, the XIII trilogy was a disaster and XV looks wholly uninspired. And by "if it isn't broken, don't fix it," I don't mean it as an...
  15. awesomerhys

Well there's Splatoon on the Wii U, as well as Project STEAM on 3DS, and a number of crossover projects Nintendo have been working on like SMT x Fire Emblem, Hyrule Warriors etc. They're creating new IPs that are certainly beyond their comfort zone (Splatoon being a competitive shooter and...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just noticed the minigame challenge. Now considering...
My project just started lagging during battletest and I haven't been able to figure out why...
Oh, Google is now warning users against installing extensions on Edge Chromium
on my plate today- animation.
"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cadenm1223