Recent content by bananatron

1. bananatron

Hidden enemies take no damage

It may also have been that the skill targeted the entire troop through a common event vs. the skill dealing damage. It still may have to do with an interaction of a script, but that seems to be the root of it for anyone else running into this.
  2. bananatron

Thank you! I'll look into it.
  3. bananatron

Is there a way to have enemies that aren't 'appeared' take no damage with multiple enemy targeted skills? Currently, if I use a skill that targets all enemies, the ones that haven't appeared also take damage. Maybe there is a better way of introducing them into battle rather than having them...
  4. bananatron

Font padding

I'm not sure if this is where this belongs but I'm looking for where/how I'd change the font padding and/or origin for text in the default menus. When using some custom fonts the text gets cut off at the beginning of the selection and it I'd like to give each selection a few pixels more wiggle...
  5. bananatron

Conditional skills by party members

I think that worked! EDIT: IT definitely did, you're a genius; thanks a million!
  6. bananatron

Here are some screens: http://imgur.com/a/yJnCO#0 To test further I added a simple condition I knew was true to the skill, and then the actions did go through which leads me to believe the problem is with the way I'm having it check for variables that are causing the problem. I used var 5 and 6...
  7. bananatron

Thank you so much for the help! I can't quite get this to work, however. There aren't any errors and everything seems to be configured correctly but the common event I have just says if Variable 5 = 1 and 6 is = 2 (which they are, actor one is targeting actor 2), then add HP or gain a skill, or...
  8. bananatron

How would I go about setting the user/target into a variable? Previously I was thinking of having a common event which is called before the skill takes place which sets the variables/switches to learn the party comp, but it sounds like what you're saying might be simpler via the formula box...
  9. bananatron

I'm not sure if what I'm looking for can be accomplished with events, but I'm hoping it can. Essentially, I'm trying to make a skill which is used on allies, where the effect is unique dependent on the actor casting it and the ally receiving it (or their classes, whichever is easier). The...
  10. bananatron

Keeping a variable positive

No you're absolutely right. I was thinking there was some place where you could alter the properties of the variable to prevent it from happening always, but I think in every instance where it changes, just running a check would be a lot better. Thanks!
  11. bananatron

Keeping a variable positive

Is there any easy way to ensure a variable doesn't become a negative number throughout the course of the game? My thought is to create a parallel common event that just checks if the variable is 0 or less and resets it to 0 if that condition is met but that may be overly complicated? Thanks!
  12. bananatron

Iconic Crafting System

Awesome script! How difficult would it be for one to alter the order requirement? Digging through the script I can't tell exactly where/how its defined (I am a super script noob). Ideally, I'd like to have a system where if X and Y are combined (in any order), it would create Z.  It may be...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sigh...I can do everything I need for this game but make actual sprites and tile maps for it. Guess I'll look into hiring someone for that
Goes looking for assets, ends up creating memes. I have priorities?
i'm working on finishing an old game in vx ace (the first game i tried to make in vx ace), and it's making me realize how many things i've come to take for granted in mv (like the additional BCDE tile layer and the plugin manager).
It's ma birfday! Gonna chill and work on my project, editing some icons for my compass rn. Later It's pizza and a movie, maybe Blazing Saddles...
I really hope Google stadia/Amazon luna become successful household "consoles" in the future only because I could see it being 1000x easier to get RPG Maker and other indie games on their platforms & if so I PRAY they have gate keepers to keep half baked indie games out of the mix so they don't end up like steam/itch.io with 1000s of incomplete RM projects that continue to give our community a bad stigma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guille1194