Bastrophian
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So... some of my Desktop hardware has kicked it apparently (still trying to figure out what and how at the moment :/ ) .... yay?
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    says my bios is having issues communicating with my HDD ... so either somethings wrong with my mother board, or its my HDD.... I think. :<
    Reactions: Dalph
    Dalph
    Dalph
    A quick solution would be to try another hdd, if it doesnt work then it might be the mobo.
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Never discard the simplest solution, use another cable too.
    Kaiba is a weeeerid anime :[ ...
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    ...but I like it, :3 . Its feels kinda random and difficult to keep up with in places, but not bad.
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    If there's such a thing in anime as normal I've never see it. LOL I think that's what makes it fun to watch....
    With the inclusion of layers n MZ, aren't A5 category tiles a little superfluous? Since B-E tiles can work the same way as long as you have the passibility set up the right way. The only reason I can think of to use A5 tiles is if you needed more room for impassable/opaque tiles... just something I was thinking about.
    X< uggghhh.... witnessed a collision on my landlords property... now I must tell... I hate! No like tattle.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Sounds like you don't have much choice if you have them cameras at your beck and call.
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    Well, its not that I have an issue reporting an accident, especially if its a big accident, like if the guy had run head long into someones storage compartment, destroying everything inside....this one was small, he was backing up and bopped the side of one of the storage buildings left a little dent :< .... and the guy had kids... I feel feel kinda bad. Hope he had insurance.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Me too, but don't feel bad for doing it, being trusted to do something is no small responsibility.
    Feeling kind of discouraged today... some days it seems like my pixel art comes easy to me, but not yesterday or today it seems :( . sigh.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    The funny thing I've noticed is that when I feel reasonable again, the work I did during the time I felt discouraged is often better than when I feel impressed with myself.
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    @Sharm - I think I have times like that too. I think I just get frustrated easily... I just feel gut punched, cuz I thought was getting good. But been working fro hours on this one little tiny 16x16 tile....and its beating me... ugh :(
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Getting frustrated with your progress is part of being an artist. It's annoying, but you need what's causing the frustration to be able to improve, so it's ultimately helpful.
    Sounds like you need a break from that tile, but not pixel art. You might need a little more research on what you're making.
    :/ sigh ... its hard enough trying to get into a new routine... then the cat wont let you sleep.
    -_- ... sigh, I guess maybe pixeling 48x48 tiles are just to big for me to make right now. So frustrating.
    • Sad
    Reactions: KakonComp
    Dororo
    Dororo
    Indeed, it look more like rastering with a microscope than pixelating. At least, interior tiles.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    I do 24x24 and upscale to get a nice pixel look; I don't think I'd be willing to go full HD 48x48 pixels.
    Riazey
    Riazey
    16x16 here, just don't have the time to pixel an entire game's worth of assets at 48x48
    Look at this HQ mailbox, his name is jimmy :kaoswt: lmao!

Trying to unplug from the news... why is toxicity so hard to quit? :(
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    I can unplug pretty easily thankfully. I've been getting more irritable of late, comes with losing patience for dumb stuff at an older age, so I force myself off to keep sanity in check. It helps that I've never been one for any social media sites, so it's like someone who never watches TV trying to stop watching TV.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I'm the last to find out everything. Be late to my own funeral like "Well nobody told me!!"
    Sigony
    Sigony
    Because you feel a responsibility to do something about society’s problems, but it feels negative because all you can do for a lot of them is to feel anger, mistakenly.
    Was liking Genshin Impact ok.... then T.T .... *sniffle* then..... TWWWT MICRO-TRANSACTIONS!!!! BWAAAAAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAAA!
    • Sad
    Reactions: KakonComp
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    That's what one friend online tells me, that it's a lot like BOtW.
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    @KakonComp - Dont blame you, just thought I'd try it since it seemed like everyone was losing their mind about it. Didint realize it would be a gotcha game though :/ .
    Dororo
    Dororo
    "Finally our entwined fates are about to conclude! I'll destroy the entire universe and all of your beloved ones with this Godly Mana Sourge - as long as you don't press that green button and enter your account credentials *wink* - and I'll create a reality of pure chaos - I've told you of that button yet? - Love, peace, humanity, all of this will be obliterated - or you press the green button, maybe..."
    My memory is embellishing the quality of NES era game assets :/ .... I need to stop comparing my work to somthing that was groundbreaking decades ago. Especially since its not as good as I seem to keep remembering it to be.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Every time someone talks with nostalgia about the NES area graphics... I think they're from an alternate universe where that stuff wasn't eye bleedingly ugly. Some utopian universe of rainbows, puppies, flowers, and hardcore psychedelics. :LZSwink:
    watermark
    watermark
    Well...I think childhood really defines what beauty is for everyone. For example I may never understand the fashion sense of grandma. Something I may look at in horror she might genuinely think is beautiful. And we will both be right.
    Reactions: Dororo
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Sometimes the appreciation can be learned too. I grew up in the era where EGA was a thing and that palette will make your eyes bleed, but now that I know a lot more about pixel art and working with difficult palettes I can better appreciate some of the EGA graphics. Not most of them, but some.
    Reactions: Dororo
    X[ oh gawd.... I dropped my super expensive laptop on my hard tile floor! It still comes on and all, but now Im worried its gunna start screwing up in the near future.... I hope not, cant afford to replace stuff like that. :(
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Usually drop damage shows up right away. If you've turned it off and on once since the drop and everything still works like it should, the chances are really good that everything is fine.
    Nenen
    Nenen
    One of our laptops stopped working altogether when we dropped it...(we suspect the motherboard cracked) We hope the files on the hardrive are still intact.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Disconnections and hard drive failure are the most common problems with dropped electronics.
    :( ... sigh, having trouble knowing where to draw highlights. Novice pixel artist issues.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Most of the time if you break it down into basic shapes and use RL references you can figure it out. Of course, this all depends a lot on knowing where your lightsource is, so figure out exactly where the light is coming from first.
    O.O Im really glad RMMV/MZ's map and event system dont work the way RMDS-Fes' does. Like... I like Fes, I bought the Tiles for MV... XD but I barely touch it on my DS.
    -__- ... I have to keep reminding myself that the guy/gal Im watching do pixel art has the vid on a high frame skip.... they are so awesome.
    :( ... I burned my tofu... sigh. Didint even marinate it right.
    • Sad
    Reactions: mlogan
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    What kind of tofu? The firm, soft, or very soft tofu. I ask because I just eat tofu.
    Sigony
    Sigony
    Soy sauce and ACV marinade is decent, what marinade do you use?
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    Um :< ... I thought I could just use this sweet teriyaki sauce, and let it sit in it for an hour or so. And it was Firm Tofu.
    Are computer screens steam-punk? :/
    :( I hate everything I pixel... Ok, maybe not hate, and maybe not everything, but Im definitely not "in like" with most things I pixel. Not a productive day today... gah! DX
    Sigony
    Sigony
    Your metric of liking what you pixel seems to be causing you distress.
    Whether you like what you produced or not, you gained experience points.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    People here are often way too hard on themselves. They spend an almost infinite amount of time scrutinizing stuff, all while the player is going to barely glance at it and move on. Best advice? Just go with it, because having a stack of graphics you sort of like, is better than having one graphic you really like. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Besides, you can always update it later. I often find inspiration for improvements happens down the road anyway after I've completed other stuff. Or sometimes just from IRL stuff. Point is, you can make a game out of the stack of graphics, not so much the one graphic. So don't sweat it too much. :LZSexcite:
    :< ... *signs up for free month of amazon prime* ... *clicks complete* ... o.o *hears distant screams of the damned explode from the earth!*
    • Haha
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    :o but but.... it said free three days shipping.... just in time for my sister b-day! TwwwT ...
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    /*messages the mothership, "The humans don't like the more friendly prime subscription confirmation noise. Please revert to the previous one." */
    Oh, it was probably just your imagination. :LZSexcite:
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Entering a pact with the 'Zon for free keeps the pact weak, so you still have a chance to keep your soul before the trial runs out.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really tried to pull off something for halloween, but I don't feel like going on. I feel like the plot I was building was too generic, and I couldn't connect to it as I do with other projects. On the bright side, I've been working on my cosmic-puzzle project, so far I think the core mechanics are working properly, so I'll be creating some large test maps to see how it works out.
People2_5 & SF_Monster1 added!

Ami
--- X Costume ---

M.Healer: I'm wearing M.Mage's Costume.
M.Mage: I'm wearing M.Healer's Costume.
M.Knight: Why not using the Scary Costume like me,The Scary Frankenstein?
M.Healer: Err…Because we have low of Budget.
M.Mage: Yeah,right.
MV Plugin Showcase: Opening the in-game menu without pausing the background. :LZSgrin:

Hello RPG Maker Community!, I am BIGHORN13 and playing RPG is one of my passion. I am planning to build my first RPG Project using RPG MV just for fun while in my spare time. So I just joined because I am interested to learn about fundamentals in RPGM from this community. That might guide me to improve my knowledge and skills in building a game. Its my pleasure to be here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OhoninReagion53