Bastrophian
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I wonder if a plugin can make it possible for the first tile breadth of the wall/building autotiles passable and overlap characters...could a pluggin do that?
    ....o_O ...I know a guy, who I may or may not have made reference too earlier, who actually just said he'd like Tomb Raider better if you played as a guy...
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    When given the choice, I will always play as a male character, unless playing as a female would yeild a different experience...so I do understand that, what I find odd is how he seems almost repulsed at the thought of playing a female character.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I usually prefer female characters, especially in rpgs I tend to find they are more interesting.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    I don't care about the main character's gender in videogames but I have to say this, Uncharted totally owns Tomb Raider in every way possible. Even Indiana Jones is way better than Tomb Raider to me.
    I know this guy who has this weird hang up about playing as a girl character in video games like metroid
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    All I got to say is he's missing out. Lol
    byronclaude
    byronclaude
    100% Agree. The Metroid Universe and its games are both awesome and legendary.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    And yet, put the majority of guys in front of an MMO, and what kind of character do they make? A girl.
    O-M-G ....XD I jes learned something!! If you copy a piece of an auto tile in the map editor, then shift click it will place the part you coppied!! On a side note though, if your not careful, it can make mapping very maddening.... :<
    Celianna
    Celianna
    This works for VX, Ace and MV. Haven't tested it in XP but I assume it's the same.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    No, XP has a very different way of drawing autotiles. You double-click on the autotile in the palette and it brings up the 48 different versions, and you choose the one you want and draw with it. There's no such thing as shift-mapping in XP.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    And in XP, when you draw autotiles, it doesn't stuff up all the other autotiles surrounding it.
    XwwwX eck!!! The volume on the MV sound test interface is entirely too loud by default!!
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    In my opinion, it was always too loud.~
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    Lol... T___T I keep forgetting to turn it down. Just got a nice loud blast of battle 1... Right in the ear hole. X___X
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Yeah I agree with Meg, though to be fair, every other engine has this problem too *gives Unity dagger eyes*
    -___- ....this just isint working...why am i so indecisive? I know what i want in my head, but i just cant get it down onto any medium...paper, game engine...whatever.
    byronclaude
    byronclaude
    (admits) sounds like my kind of project. My current beauty has 400 maps and counting... many of which are manipulated to be used to hold a series of minimaps. Don't let it stress you :)
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Just start. With my project, I just picked a town and mapped it. In the end, the town was needed a little later in the project, so I moved things around, but that start gave me momentum. Or, do what the NaNoWrMo writers do, put down the first thing that comes to mind. Sure, you might get the plot I did about 20 years ago where it went "And then space aliens invaded" (which could work, but it was a fantasy RPG), but it's a start.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Agree with bgillisp. Start doing any one town and map it. Once you get started, you'll get going. Byronclaude you are the map master.
    I have come to an impasse!!! I am not satified with the default editor! But I am too freaking lazy to make all parrallax maps!!! And i dont really get why, but im having a clump tile hang up. So i have desided to make parrallax maps only for towns/ cities and other maps where important scenes take place!!! Also, why would parallax maps be mad for moble play?
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Parallax maps will ad a LOT more size to your game, as a single tileset can be used many times in many maps, while the map data takes up relatively little space. Conversely, parallax maps can often only be used once or twice.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    I never understood why xp's layering system went away. It was perfect.
    So how big should a house be in on the outside compared to the inside?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    All houses should be a TARDIS. Bigger on the inside. Also, it's up to you and how your own rules for the video game world work. Players will experience those rules and intuit house size naturally.
    Leo Epitav
    Leo Epitav
    Nah its Small Outside and Large Inside

RPG Logic lol
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Agree with both Tai_mt and Leo. Definitely larger on the inside otherwise your towns would be too big and more memory used creating them.
    I hate history....its full of stupid selfish, self righteous, stuck up, arrogant, deceptive, power hungery, jack asses...
    Dalph
    Dalph
    We're mortal enemies then Swallow, I love history.

*prepares sword*
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    And when were we not?

*prepares magic*
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Yeah like how justify taking the Indians land from them or having slaves. I agree with Dalph I did enjoy some of history but really loved geography. *engages bankai*
    So.... T-T ...to night i comepletely fell off the wagon.... after several months of watching what i ate, and exercising....iv slowly relapsed....tonight i just went and got a soda cuz i wanted one .... and its not as great as i thought it would be so i feel kinda stupid right now. :(
    BCj
    BCj
    You can have a soda once in a while, just don't drink it every day.
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Having a soda does not mean you're falling off the wagon!!!!!!! OwwwwwwwO
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    We do 2 sodas a week along with weight watcher sweets and subway subs. It's okay to cheat now and then just not all the time. The main thing is to watch weight and count the calories. If weight goes up you cut back. You'll get it done. I know you can.
    Ooooh, great and powerful health nuts! I beseech thee!! Impart thy wisdom of the nobal vegan, that I might learn to live happily without the sweet nectar and ambrosia of blood and meat!!! I BESEECH THE!!!
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    You will need lots of beans to compensate for the lack of protein in your new diet (my sister eats a lot of beans for this reason). It is really hard to get protein without meat and you will have to fall in love with beans.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Do what my brother and do. Buy soy burgers and hotdogs. Soy has almost all you need in it. Monringstar is really good but some of the items I would calorie check plus sodium. You make a meal out of 3 bagels and some cheese. Snax mix can also make a meal. Beans are really good to. For the most part my brother and I only eat meat once a week. Oh yeah also sweet potatoes with some cheese and butter can also be a meal. I would also be blood tested once in a while to make sure.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    PM me if you want to no more than I can post here.
    Mom: turn that music down, I can hear it from over here! Me: no!!! I must feel the beat of the music on the serface of my brain!!!
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    I know what you mean especially with good headphones.
    TwwwT still ...cant.... Decide ...parallax mapping or....editor mapping....want to editor map...but still can't do sertain things.... X__X .....but parallax mapping is still really time consuming..... TwwwT
    taarna23
    taarna23
    If you're planning to do mobile, may I suggest NOT parallax mapping? It's rather not good for sizes.
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    Actually, I was thinking about the clumping tiles idea.
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    It's SO much easier while giving a lot of control and variety. Try it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been working on some sprites, My favorite out of all of them is this guy, his name is Moss:
anyone else 'round here gonna be doing the retro game jam that's starting in a few days on itch.io?
I also wanted to say that my bro brought back nostalgia and got me a GBA SP for my birthday! Ah, the memories of Pokémon Sapphire and LeafGreen! It came in a gray shell but he ordered a red one so it'd look like the one I had as a kid. It looks brand new!
qhE9zC8.jpg
LsluASM.jpg
It's minus 50 out today, ugh. I'm so freaking cold. =_=;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MitchMann12