Recent content by batch

1. batch

i still don't know anything about my protagonist. but maybe that's how i like them. silent and...

i still don't know anything about my protagonist. but maybe that's how i like them. silent and just passing through.
  2. batch

Game & Map Screenshots 10

@Canini if you want to go the extra mile, define the correct orientation of the arrow somewhere else, like in an inscription or on a sprite. that way the player sees it on its side here and immediately knows where it goes. @MoonMoonGames i love tiny maps, i love hub maps, and i double-love tiny...
  3. batch

How did you come up with your name?

is the beginning of my surname. and boy what a surname it be. many good pun times to be had.
  4. batch

Alternatively, the entire RMXP RTP music library is very good for focus vibes

Alternatively, the entire RMXP RTP music library is very good for focus vibes
  5. batch

Steve Roach - The Magnificent Void

Steve Roach - The Magnificent Void
  6. batch

RMVXA Ride The Space Train (Demo)

Great start here. Aesthetically set apart in a good way, and intriguing story. A few bugs to note- If you fail the pipe puzzle at two pipes, only one pipe is deleted from inventory, meaning you continue to stack up pipes indefinitely if you keep doing this. The frog-man that appears in the...
  7. batch

Is it truly nostalgia or do games really suck now?

Yes for real, can we mention this? With improving hardware, there's no limit on what we can do, and the most popular and loud option is to leap at the idea of "this time it'll look REALLY real!!!" like an excited dog that just found a leg. Realism on the PS3 looks a little bit garbage compared...
  8. batch

I can't wait for you to make that step, variables are so much fun.

I can't wait for you to make that step, variables are so much fun.
  9. batch

What map size do you like?

With design, everything should have a purpose. It depends on whether or not you want to convey a sense of openness and interconnectivity. If, say, you want to have a city with timed NPC movements that cross all over, it's easier to do with a big'un. But if all the rooms in a dungeon are puzzles...
  10. batch

Failure of Most Game Dev Teams

From personal experience.. When life takes a turn for the worse, even a little bit, small things have to go on hold. This is true especially if everyone on the team is doing it as a side project. Everyone is busy with life. And even if everything is going well, it boils down to whether or not...
  11. batch

Game & Map Screenshots 9

@Anime-Addiction Overall, really nice and meticulous geography. One issue I see is that the edges of the map seem kind of unsolved, if you get me. Like there isn't a natural boundary being provided and it may feel like it ends abruptly. I see this particularly around the bottom-right corner area...
  12. batch

I've been on break since the end of November, send help

I've been on break since the end of November, send help
  13. batch

Animation Software, Any? (Preferably Free, or Very Cheap)

If you're committed to the highest degree possible, pick up blender. The learning curve is nuts, and turns away a lot of people at the first sight of its interface. Despite it being a nightmare to look at, though, it's powerful and can do 2D pretty decently. This
  14. batch

Rules Ideas That Don’t Deserve Their Own Thread

I've had an idea knocking around in my head for all of the past day, to make a sci-fi game of sorts. While the plot is something I neither have completely written right now, nor would it be something I'd willingly divulge, I can say it would take place in more of a lighthearted and cartoonish an...
  15. batch

Fraexcel's Shop

Ah, of course! Edit away! I created that for the purpose of it being a template, though usable as it is stark... naked ;___; If you make these edits, I encourage you to send a screenshot of it in use! I'd love to see what you make :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mouse Coordinates + Common Events, Custom Actor Parameters & Fantasy Beasts | RPG Maker News #32

Winter Cover.png
Peeps, can we just take some time to appreciate the mods here? They're so friendly, and they're always there for us when we need help. Now that I've been here for two years, I want to thank the mods and admins for keeping it positive here on the forum. They're the reason I've stayed so long! Here's to you!
If it gets 6 degrees hotter we've reach 100
I am finally done making the 'superbosses' in my game!
I'm happy because oh my gosh they were a lot of work, but I'm also sad because I love database work... And also because I loved making stupid powerful bosses ._.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fartsucker