Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• after four years of on again/off again work, I've finally finished the script for my game's demo. I've got to tell you, it's such a relief!
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    Well you were fighting crime all this time too
    Which do you prefer in an RPG Maker game: A straightforward RPG that you can play straight through for 40 hours, or several "episodes" that only take a few hours each?
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    As a player, well, I personally prefer segemented games, as long as each part feels complete... but if each one costs a lot, I'd go with a single game that might cost lower...
    seita
    seita
    I'd prefer episodes. straight long games tend to be mediocre and rushed.
    NPC
    NPC
    Optional backstory and shizz works. Hardcore players/fans can search for more stuff. Then people just playing for the sake of it can enjoy the limited experience, maybe dragging them into a place where they can't hold off the urge to know so little any more.
    even after all these months I'm only an hour and a half into the demo. by golly, this 20 hour game is going to take forever to finish.
    RobertJones
    I used to think like that, it gets better just don't give up.
    there's nothing worse development-wise than feeling unproductive.
    ShinGamix
    ShinGamix
    worse is losing all your work with no backup.
    TengHu
    TengHu
    Counterproductive.
    Batman19
    depending on how much you'd accomplished, I suppose it is worse. but you have to be productive in the first place to have progress to lose.
    well, I was hoping to have a demo finished by the end of the month, but my co-developer has been MIA for the last few weeks, go figure.
    How do you all feel about unwinnable "boss" fights at the beginning of games? Do you think it's an interesting idea, or an unneccesary addition?
    Blackheart
    Blackheart
    Yeah, Ilike them... reminds me of Megaman X and how I felt so helpless when I first fought Vile, then you get to kill him near the end of the game.
    Blackheart
    Blackheart
    Oh, but my suggestion would be to not do it at the very beginning because in an RPG if you did it at the very beginning you'd just feel like, whatever I lost, but if you do it maybe after the first dungeon it would make you feel more connected to it because you've been trying to get your characters stronger now but you still lose. idk probably didn't word that the best I could haha
    Liak
    Liak
    I don't like it when I don't know that I cannot win, therefore waste all my items on the battle and have to restart to lose on purpose (which, again, is a strange feeling to me).
    I need help coming up with a name for a god who is the epitome of Light. Nothing I've come up with is original, and nothing else seems regal enough. Can anyone please help me?
    Travatar
    Travatar
    Psuedo-latin too. Lucian, or Lucien, perhaps?
    Batman19
    Actually, I like all of those names. Right now I think it's a toss-up between Lucian and Garlinius. What do you guys think of those names? Also, thank you for all the suggestions!
    Chaos Avian
    Chaos Avian
    I like Garlinius, it sounds more regal and demanding than Lucian.
    I've been hard at work on a demo for the last few days. the demo should be completely finished by the end of January, it's about 50% finished as of now.
    I need to fully map four large towns in the next few weeks. oh boy.
    Shablo5
    Not Parallax I hope? ;)
    Batman19
    Oh, dear. THANKFULLY not Parallax. It takes me long enough without having to worry about that, hahaha.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Whenever I start on a new chapter, it doesn't feel like the next episodes, but more like sequels :)
It can be frustrating that so many commercial games have used up titles that might otherwise be great for a project.
Light up explosions with QABS and Community Lighting.
qcPQHt9.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cararingo