Recent content by bblizzard

1. bblizzard

ImageManager: Load vs Reserve vs Request

I really couldn't say. I'm using a completely custom menu. (^_^')
  2. bblizzard

Yes, but the graphics still won't be loaded in time for the refresh that happens at the end of initialize. Though if you do a refresh in scene start and the graphics are actually only used by that menu, from an organizational standpoint it does make sense to add it to the menu's initialize.
  3. bblizzard

@Solar_Flare Hm, it actually does make sense. The creation of all windows is also handled in the create method. So if you reserve the images there and then run through creating the windows, but the images aren't loaded yet, it won't work right. But if you do a refresh of those windows in the...
  4. bblizzard

Did you derive your brand new scene from Scene_Base? If not, then that's your issue. Scene_Base.prototype.isReady is what the scene uses to wait until all the graphics are reserved. You should always derive from Scene_Base when you make new ones.
  5. bblizzard

No, no, you should put them in Scene_Boot only if they are reserveSystem() calls. @Solar_Flare Have you made sure you called it before the superclass call? Something like this: Scene_Mine.prototype.create = function() { ImageManager.reserveCharacter("my_character_filename")...
  6. bblizzard

Ultra Mode 7

Yeah, a video would definitely help determine what the issue is. Does it happen as well when you disable the movement plugin?
  7. bblizzard

RMMV Lexima Legends - Paths of Strife (Playable Tech Demo)

All those buttons on the main GUI should be bound to hotkeys. xD But I'll be changing some things anyway.
  8. bblizzard

RMMV Lexima Legends - Paths of Strife (Playable Tech Demo)

BUMP And here's a thunderstorm. :D By day: https://gyazo.com/cf32a21fe32159bda2bc3a165010086c By night: https://gyazo.com/4b5f2179ec18d02d6497fe1f0ceecc4c I did some other misc stuff like correcting the sprite scaling, using proper tones for the sky, the map, the sprites, etc. and I also...
  9. bblizzard

Don't worry, it's safe this time. :) Scene_Boot won't continue/exit until the ImageManager says it's ready. And the ImageManager won't say it's ready until the graphics are loaded. You can check ImageManageris.isReady, ImageCache.prototype.isReady and Bitmap.prototype.isReady for reference...
  10. bblizzard

No problem, you too. :D I remember when I first realized how this worked. I used Bitmap.blt() and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't draw the loaded bitmap onto the target bitmap initially. Later I figured out because it wasn't loaded yet and I had to use ImageManager.reserveSystem() to make...
  11. bblizzard

Then I definitely think that you should put it in Scene_Boot where all the other ImageManager.reserveSystem() calls are.
  12. bblizzard

Are you using a custom plugin of sorts? "windowSkin2" isn't present anywhere in the default code. If you're using system images, you should probably add that call in Scene_Boot to load it at the very beginning of the start-up, not in a scene's create method. Other system images are reserved...
  13. bblizzard

Ultra Mode 7

You might be able to do something about that actually. MV has something called object-characters. If you look at the implementation of Game_CharacterBase.prototype.shiftY, you will notice this: Game_CharacterBase.prototype.shiftY = function() { return this.isObjectCharacter() ? 0 : 6; }...
  14. bblizzard

Ultra Mode 7

Short answer: It's better if you convert to the new way since it's mathematically correct now. And yes, I did include the LEGACY_SCALING option so if somebody is very far with the project and doesn't want to convert, they can still use the old way. Long answer: So while working on the rain...
  15. bblizzard

Ultra Mode 7

Update to v1.6.0. What's new? implemented improved scaling of sprites on map which doesn't get messed up by near and far clipping planes changed some of the default parameters to accommodate the fixed scaling issues added LEGACY_SCALING parameter for backwards compatibility

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Chaos17 wrote on Poryg's profile.
Hi, I am following your videos tutorials serie about coding on MV and I am at the third video. Thank you for making it but's a bit hard to follow since you don't show the whole plugin at the end. I had to screenshot the lines between 110-159 because you scrolled so fast on them.
:rtear:
I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
Not going to lie.... The update's cool and all, but I immediately ran to Mog's site and was like, "Update! Update! Update!" while breathing on the page of his Star Ocean Battle System plugin. :kaoswt:
Ho boi. I can already see the storm of ugly actor faces RTP customizable facesets from MZ are gonna flood. XD
<-- Meet Seith. He begins the story as an apprentice druid, learning to survive in the wilderness by communing with nature and honing his herbalism. Seith has a deep desire to understand the world around him. When wells of chaotic energy begin erupting from the land,corrupting plant, animal and man alike, Seith finds himself on a journey to discover just what this means for the fate of his home, the land of Myarr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James1998