BCj
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• So.... 4 weeks post surgery, and my retina decided to take a run for it (detach) again. Surgery tomorrow. What a way to end the year.... :(
    I'm looking for a good wiki-like website to keep track (and backup) everything we wrote for Escalia so far. We use SlimWiki but the pro version (for backups) is very expensive. And I stugge trying to find good alternatives myself due to bad sight. Anyone thtat has ideas?
    BCj
    BCj
    SlimWiki has autosave as well. it's the backup I'd really like, so things don't get erased in the future. I also need to be able to work on the website with 2 people/accounts. I can't find if it offers (offline)
    backups, does it?
    Sleepy Kitten Games
    Sleepy Kitten Games
    I know that WorldAnvil allows you to download your articles, but I'm not sure about offline backups. It does let you have co-authors, so that would allow for working on the site with 2 people.
    Lupinion
    Lupinion
    Did you get a gander at Notion? It's good to create Wikis and automatizes ToCs and have enough flexibility to let you add many kinds of media, even airtables. They can also be made public and the team-editor fee is not very steep.
    I personally use it for many of my projects, even for scripting my visual novels. Give it a shot :)
    Just found out about your complications. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I wish I could do something substantial for you, but our distance from each other makes that an impossibility. Still, if you ever need to talk or vent, I'm here.
    BCj
    BCj
    Then you very much. Yeah that'd be great to chat. Some distraction would be nice :)
    I don't know, if any words will help right now, but here is a hug. And my offer to help you with Escalia, if you ever want or need help with it. Tiles or mapping especially.
    Reactions: BCj
    BCj
    BCj
    Thanks Candacis, that's lovely. I really appreciate it. I'll definitely take you up on that offer :) I think with some tools I should be able to map, but making tiles myself might be a bit too much. And there's definitely some things we could use for Escalia.
    Hey, how did your emergency surgery go? Are you okay?
    BCj
    BCj
    Thanks guys. It's been hard. The oil in my eye makes it look like I'm looking though muddy water. It's going to be like that for 2-3 more months. We don't know how my vision is going to be. We'll find out after the oil is surgically removed., hopefully without new detachments.
    BCj
    BCj
    At the moment everything is blurry so not very usable sight. I depend on my right eye now which has 40% sight. That's hard, as I used to depend on my left eye that had 90%, and I struggle to read the pc screen now amongst other things. I have a checkup next Tuesday so hope all is well. Thankfully I've just finished the 18h a day lying in my stomach for a week :)
    BCj
    BCj
    My drive to work on Escalia is still as strong as ever though and I know I find a way to work on it.
    Som my surgery went pretty wel initiallyl. My sight Monday was getting a lot better. Then my sight deteriorated Tuesday when the bubblewent away. Wednesday I got a gray blob which I thought was gas. Tuesday it got worse. Fluid under the retina. Feels like I'm under water at that spot. Emergency surgery Monday. Sigh.
    Did everything go well at the hospital? I hope it did.
    BCj
    BCj
    Ps screen readers are horrid. Wish they'd make them better everything sounds robotic and it takes so much energy to listen vs to read it yourself. I hope I'll never have to use them!
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Is the air bubble normal? I hope the pain fades soon, are you on any painkillers? I imagine over the counter stuff might be too weak to numb that kind of pain. Apart from the pain of healing, I'm glad you managed to have your operation, and that vision is slowly returning to your bad eye. :)
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Really glad to hear from you. I'll keep praying for your recovery. Except for the Secret Garden the only musicals I know are the obvious ones, you've probably listened to them all. I use Natural Reader Text to Speech, it's not natural sounding at all but it's mostly functional. Let me know if you want Webnovel recommendations.
    Back in the eyehospital and my doc has recovered too. Hoping for a good surgery with little to no complications
    What a nightmare. Arrived in the hospital after a 2 hour drive only to be told that my surgeon is sick, and no-one else can do my eye surgery due to its complexity. Now I need to wait until the 15th :( I hope my retina lasts...
    BCj
    BCj
    @Sharm oh I love Slayers! I should watch that, Lina Inverse is like, the personification of my thoughts at times, haha. Thanks for reminding me, I'm going to redownload that.
    BCj
    BCj
    @Sword_of_Dusk the only one who could do it was my old doc and he retired in August :( I have a very rare eye condition called ROP, which didn't start acting up until I was 25 (normally it starts as a baby). Anyway, because it's so rare, most doctors have no clue what they're looking at or what to do.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    No problem! It's a great series to rewatch. If you love Slayers, you're really likely to enjoy Gals! The main character, Ran, is very much like Lina, the main difference is that she's boy crazy. The plot is quite different, of course, being a modern slice of life sort of thing, but the style of humor is quite similar.
    Sadly, my eye surgery has not gone as well as we'd hoped for, and in fact, my retina has gotten worse than it was. This means that I'll be undergoing a new surgery at the 8th of November. It's a risky surgery with a fair chance of complications (and spending a week lying flat on my stomach.. fun!), but all goes well, it should save my sight.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    That's rough. Here is to a good conclusion of things tho.
    JoePal
    JoePal
    Wishing you the best recovery! And reiterating what @Avery said - terry pratchett’s discworld series is so good and funny (and you can essentially start with almost any book in the series)
    Sharm
    Sharm
    That's so scary! I've heard that you can increase your odds by being as calm and hopeful as possible. It's similar to the placebo effect. The more you believe everything's going to go great, the more likely it is to actually be so. Maybe meditate or watch something funny to get your mood up before you go in. I wish you good luck on the success and an easy recovery!
    Got another eye surgery monday. Hope I'll recover quick and all's well. A bit tired of surgeries. On a happy note, working on the next chapter of Escalia so hope I can continue soon :)
    BCj
    BCj
    @Quexp, no it's tomorrow.
    @Sharm it is, especially if you've had multiple surgeries. They're truly the hardest surgeries I've ever had. Last time they thought someone had punched me in the eye, that's how bad it looked.
    • Sad
    Reactions: Quexp
    Quexp
    Quexp
    Not to push my beliefs on you but I'll pray for you! If that's not your thing, just know that you're in my thoughts. :)
    Sharm
    Sharm
    My agnostic friend would say she'll send positive energy into the universe. I'll pray for it to go well too. I had a migraine that lasted months and it made finding distraction/entertainment quite hard. I hope you have a lot of good audiobooks to enjoy!
    Finished another GUI! Turn indicator wasn't made by me.

ff981f8dc50b03cf58038c644334b454.jpg

3cb092fdc00087acfa0a190fd891f0ed.jpg
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Quite slick looking!! I like the design a lot. It appears that Level and Cost (or whatever the stats are) may be running together on Rejuvenating Earth because of its long name? There may be a good argument for giving Level its own column instead of trying to append it to the Skill name.
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    Looks great! :)
    • Love
    I wish I could zoom in on the editor on VX Ace. I have so much problems trying to see rooftiles -.-
    Arctica
    I was gonna suggest just taking a screenshot of it and tossing it into an image editor and zooming in that way.
    BCj
    BCj
    Yeah, that's what I did yesterday. It's annoying though, might as well try to map it in PS instead.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    @BCj rendered from a 3D scene and cut to 2D
    Got accepted for a follow-up education to become a Voice Actor :D so excited!
    BCj
    BCj
    @Sharm indeed it is, but I'll be getting a professional demo so that certainly should be making things easier. Voice acting is booming nowadays since covid as well, not just for games/tv/films, but also for audiobooks, audiotours, instruction films, audio walking tours, even webshops, and so on.
    ElCheffe
    ElCheffe
    Well, Congratulations and best of luck.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Just saw this, but congrats!!! That's really cool - do your best with the opportunity!
    • Love
    Throwback to an old GUI I made a few years ago, the game sadly got cancelled.

b245aba15e7f259f92659638506a6a2d.png
    BCj
    BCj
    Definitely a shame! The dev had a lot of original ideas, and the game looked very interesting.
    Walldeaf
    Walldeaf
    It looks overpowered, all stats 999. :kaojoy:
    Just kidding. I do get some Diablo vibes though.
    BCj
    BCj
    It was supposed to be a mixture of strategy and RPG as far as I can remember.
    So everything had to fit in one screen on-screen. The blank layers were for the map background to show through.

World Map inc :D
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh yeah, I really forget anything exists before MV.... Probably because I came in effectively right as MV was on the way out. Well a year beforehand at any rate. Yeah my first map was with the free one as well, but wow is there an incredible amount of assets with the paid version, super worth it. Plus the ability to use custom assets is pretty awesome as well.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    Ahh, i remember inkarnate now. I didnt like the subscription model. Im the type that changes hobby like 5-10 times a year and also the type to forget where he is subbed to xD Bad combo. I also just prefer to buy a product...and then i have it. And then buy additional content if i want or not. I dont want to rent stuff :p
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    That's fair. They just release so much new content it seemed pretty worth it. It would take a lot of years at $25 a year to pay off all the sets they release. There's over 13,000 assets. So I figured sign up for a year, make all the maps I need, then cancel, and have the whole game done for pretty cheap.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Okay so, I'm using this script, right? And it works. If you press :Y a menu should come up allowing you to choose an item to use. Nothing happens. You press :A to open the event options menu and choose "Use an Item"? The item selection menu appears. I have no idea how I set this up or why it works the way it does. Absolutely bizarre.
A woman gave me her number without me even asking for it. Then she left because she had other patients to see.
oh, hey, I forgot about all this!

my old project got abandoned after I started working too much on stuff I'd already worked on - plus, starting to hate the story I wrote for it. Then, well, a lot of serious life **** went down. I ended up moving across the country, cutting off some people, etc. - **** was rough.

So, uh, I guess I'm back for now? Funny how things work.
I'm glad I'm sticking to my guns on having fighting game mechanics in my game, from what I've read, it's not for everyone. but for the most part, I've made it so you don't have to use them motion inputs for attacks if you don't want to.
And my project's just entered the Lunar New Year Sale 2022... Let's see if it reaches it's goal of $ 7,77.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
falsekithe