Recent content by BENI_MARU

1. BENI_MARU

How do you market a game with a mystery/plot twist without spoiling it?

Fully agree with Dororo. Plot twists aren't meant to be a feature that attracts people to the game.
  2. BENI_MARU

Your favourite ways to foreshadow?

Connecting events with characters via musical motifs... It's like hiding in plain sight :)
  3. BENI_MARU

What Helps You Focus?

Brilliant. I can very much relate. I'm rooting for you Gabriel - once COVID's done, go out and see the world :) I completely feel that first statement. The beginning of my career as in game audio, I took on projects for experience's sake. My output was nowhere NEAR what I now achieve when...
  4. BENI_MARU

RMXP Drekirökr - Dusk of the Dragon

@muramasa That's right, "too much things happening too fast" was what I meant by jarring. For example, I would've liked to spend a little more time in port town to learn more about the local narrative. Jumping onto the ship, it would've been nice to have a small scene that leads from the...
  5. BENI_MARU

Dungeon advise?

Is there something you can draw from the narrative that would inform the mechanics? Beyond the puzzles and encounters, I really enjoy running into bits of lore (whether through books, or implied through the scene).
  6. BENI_MARU

Effective Pitch Writing for Publishing Assistance Purposes

Devolver put out a fantastic series on the BTS of publishing. The second episode was particularly insightful imho. https://forkcast.devolverdigital.com/
  7. BENI_MARU

Twitter community

Make use of those hashtags! #screenshotsaturday and #indiedevhours are big weekly ones that can get a lot of eyes on your game.
  8. BENI_MARU

Bravely Second v Bravely Default, should I play?

To me, BS is more of the same of BD. A lot of environments are reused, and the story is even messier in some ways. Id say avoid it if you didn't really enjoy the first one.
  9. BENI_MARU

Whaddya think

Cohesive aesthetics in fonts really stick out. It's judge "the book by the cover" thing for me in terms of considering whether to try a game out.
  10. BENI_MARU

Best and worst RPG you ever played?

I could go on about my favorites; BOF4, for example, stuck out to me in presentation (music and art), themes. The worst I can think of is Lost Sphear. The main characters were as bland as they come. Barely a hint of personality to begin with, and effectively no character development achieved...
  11. BENI_MARU

Iconic or Flexible - what is YOUR Weapon?

Unless the character has a good martial background, I enjoy seeing the specialized weapon concept, or at most, a range of weapons (i.e. sword users can use daggers, short swords, longs words, two handed). It can be a definitive part of their design (for better or worse), and may also encourage...
  12. BENI_MARU

UI Considerations

The mouse-over equivalent I can think of is in Dark souls: where if you press select in the stats menu, it toggles the help mode on and provides descriptions for each stat highlighted.
  13. BENI_MARU

Favorite villains or villain tropes?

Fou lu from BOFIV always stuck out to me. He's literally another side of the same coin relative to the hero. To some degree, the parallel highlights what each character would've developed into based on the circumstances that they're surrounded by.
  14. BENI_MARU

Who's active on Twitter?

It'd be wonderful to get to know more rpgmakers. I've just started my own project, but I typically focus on music composition and sound design. https://twitter.com/BENIMARUAUDIO
  15. BENI_MARU

What Helps You Focus?

The classic "Eyes on the prize," I like it |m|

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing anything that yield good result in the long run is like sowing seeds. With proper care, they will grow and bear fruits. I'm excited for tomorrow. :D
Leokids wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
Hi
People1_3,People1_4,SF_People1_3,SF_People1_4 added!

Just got done working on my game's title menu. :LZSsmile:
The lady you see helping out in the menu, is Codex.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ginfreakz