Last Activity:
Dec 12, 2018 at 9:14 AM
Birthday:
Jun 22, 1991 (Age: 27)

Share This Page

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!, Male, 27

Veteran

Now my dad is playing Tales of Zesteria. ... it's even more cliche and shallow than Nino Kuni 2. Dec 11, 2018 at 3:56 AM

Benny Jackdaw was last seen:
Viewing member profile Benny Jackdaw, Dec 12, 2018 at 9:14 AM
    1. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Now my dad is playing Tales of Zesteria. ... it's even more cliche and shallow than Nino Kuni 2.
      1. J0pac, Marsigne and Verdelite like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        basically that character is an amalgam of this girls dead father and a collection of moles the girl liked to keep as pets that were resurrected and combined using a spell the girl found in a book. Prithviraj himself looks like a giant mole with clothes. Being a mole, he can't talk, but part of its Brain still belong to the girl's father, so he continues to protect and look after her even in this form.
        Dec 11, 2018 at 11:48 AM
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        The other seven include a woman knight with a weapon where one of her arms is, youngboy scholar who practices Magic, an African American priest who uses a giant crucifix, a recently deceased faulconer's pet bird, a man who uses the giant Club of an Oni that terrorized him, a futuristic roller derby girl with jet powered skates and a reptilian seer from another world.
        Dec 11, 2018 at 11:51 AM
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        this is not an RPG I ever plan on making, these are just character Concepts.
        Dec 11, 2018 at 11:52 AM
        Marsigne and MushroomCake28 like this.
    2. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      I don't want to water the cows. I have to do it every day. They can wait till tomorrow. ...*drags hose out* Stupid conscience.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        If you water the cows, does that mean you also feed the flowers?
        Dec 10, 2018 at 12:37 PM
        Marsigne and Finnuval like this.
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Do a double-take and see their reaction.
        Dec 11, 2018 at 6:11 AM
    3. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      I can't help but feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest after 6 long years.
      1. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        So I guess something good went down? If so, that's nice!
        Dec 10, 2018 at 8:27 AM
      2. punchybot
        punchybot
        No, they just said it was lifted off their chest. Something definitely went up.
        Dec 10, 2018 at 1:21 PM
    4. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Oh wow, surprise surprise, another edgelord admitted to Super Smash Bros ultimate. 10 bucks says the rest of DLC will be so.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        Not much better in my opinion. Granted, I've never played a Persona game except for Persona 4 Arena, but that's basically because I've had no interest in the franchise. It just seems like another generic JRPG with a generic story and characters.
        Dec 8, 2018 at 9:06 PM
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Ksi
        Ksi
        You would be incredibly wrong.
        Dec 9, 2018 at 1:29 PM
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Seirein
        Seirein
        Look on the bright side: We now know that *anyone* can buy their way into Smash!

Also, I'll give Persona credit for not being generic, however that doesn't excuse how its plot run on how the writers have no clue how anyone in the world actually thinks. Persona 5 in particular is a game about how literally everyone who doesn't think like you deserves to be brainwashed.
        Dec 9, 2018 at 9:32 PM
        Marsigne likes this.
    5. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      watching my dad play Nino Kuni 2 made me realize... Every jrpg is the same.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. Alanood
        Alanood
        In which way are they the same?
        Dec 4, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        a lot of them have similar plots, similar characters, similar enemies, usually has a cat eared person, almost always poorly written, the main characters are usually Gary Stus and the games usually follow other stereotypes as well. I've played and reviewed the story of a lot of RPG is, and most of them regardless of popularity have been pretty shallow in my opinion.
        Dec 4, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        RIP, hope you find your game. :D
        Dec 5, 2018
    6. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Spyro 2 keeps getting weirder. In Shady Oasis, you can hear someone else's voice say "yes" after talking to Bruno about thieves.
      1. Finnuval likes this.
    7. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      I don't remember Spyro being so dark. I just beat the Magma Cone stage and watched a faun CASUALLY MURDER one of his friends!!!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. RavenBlueIndigo
        RavenBlueIndigo
        Spyro the Dragon is actually inspired by Hannibal Lector.
        Nov 14, 2018
      3. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        @Mystic_Enigma honestly, the games themselves are amazing, but geez if only Spyro knew the type of creatures he was serving.

some of the level cutscenes are pretty questionable, though you might like the idol Springs and turtle level endings. Those two are actually kind of heartwarming because they include the good guys and the bad guys becoming buddies with each other.
        Nov 14, 2018
      4. samkfj
        samkfj
        Spyro is og. He takes guff from no one. They'll end up in a bathtub of acid in Hell's Kitchen before he ever says sorry.
        Nov 14, 2018
    8. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Copyright infringement?
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        Doesn't look like copyright infringement, I'd say it's a violation of intelectual property.
        Nov 11, 2018
    9. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      I just got a blue Hedgehog in the mail today!
    10. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      On Shipping Wars, someone had to ship two Giant "Vegetables," are tomato and a pepper. ... neither of which are vegetables.
      1. RachelTheSeeker likes this.
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        If you really want to get technical then they are both. Vegetable is a culinary term, not a scientific one. Culinarily speaking tomatoes and peppers are vegetables even as scientifically speaking they are fruits. They don't fit the culinary definition for fruits and there is no scientific definition for vegetables, thus they are both simultaneously.
        Nov 2, 2018
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        So,..vegetables.
        Nov 2, 2018
      5. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        From what I gather, culinarily vegetables refers to True vegetables and savory fruit.
        Nov 3, 2018
    11. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      2. samkfj
        samkfj
        Best series of comments, ever.
        Oct 25, 2018
      3. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        let's make the Aztec Kingdom great again!
        Oct 26, 2018
      4. Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Can we FINALLY invade central and south america?
        Oct 26, 2018
    12. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Has anyone else been seeing sloths a lot lately?
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        Yeah, myself.
        Oct 20, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Not since I backpacked through Central America, no. Sloths don't seem to like the north for some reason, a real shame they cannot be found in their up here.
        Oct 20, 2018
      3. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        I meant in media and stores on merchandise.
        Oct 21, 2018
    13. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Am I the only one who hates Meltan? Now it really does feel like they ran out of ideas.
      1. Knayter likes this.
      3. Milennin
        Milennin
        The running out of ideas is what people say every new gen. Then, a few months into it, people are suddenly OK with the new gen, and then the cycle repeats when the next gen gets announced.
        Oct 17, 2018
        kirbwarrior and Knayter like this.
      4. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        honestly this is the first time I've actually said that personally.

I'm just hoping at least one of the starters this generation isn't going to turn into a freaking stick figure again like the last two generations. In fact, a lighter hand on Stick Figure Pokemon in general, and make Pokemon besides stick figures competitively viable please.

No, I do not like frail-looking designs.
        Oct 17, 2018
      5. S.Court
        S.Court
        I feel we have had worse designs in Gen 1, even when I don't like Meltan too much

Besides, it looks like Meltan will be something like Zygarde cells, when there will be much of them together, they'll fuse into another form... Basically Zygarde-Complete 2.0
        Oct 17, 2018
    14. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      For some reason, when I hear the word monster, I think of something cute and fluffy.
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        @Mystic_Enigma guess it all hinges on your definition of the word monster doesn't it ;)
        Here's the Latin version
        mōnstrum n (genitive mōnstrī); second declension

a divine omen indicating misfortune, an evil omen, portent
        (metonymically) a monster, monstrosity, whether in size or character
        (figuratively) a thing that evokes fear and wonder
        Oct 15, 2018
      4. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        I think of energy drink, and exp/item drop farming.
        Oct 15, 2018
        Finnuval likes this.
      5. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Yes, if you use a lot of RPG maker, monsters in the RPG maker are cute.
        Oct 16, 2018
    15. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Writing a book about a group of sumo wrestling monsters trying to be heroes, but now I'm thinking about how to introduce their rivals.
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        I smell a tournament arc coming on...
        Oct 13, 2018
      3. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        I'm saving that for a future book.
        Oct 13, 2018
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        They show up, boast, make rude comments and then leave, without paying for their meals.
        Oct 13, 2018
    16. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Wait, now pandas are bears again? Make up your mind, science!
      1. Philosophus Vagus likes this.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Science can't do that, it's always correcting its own ignorance. Recently we've discovered through dna that there are actually a lot less subspecies in the world than previously believed and that many (sometimes 100s) of what we thought were individual animals were actually the same species and that their external differences were purely environmental adaptation rather than distinct evolutionary tracts.
        Oct 5, 2018
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        The correct category is actually no category. We categorizing/classifying things so we can understand better. If it's like this, it must be this. But, living creature is just a complex chemical reaction that we havent yet understand it.
        Oct 5, 2018
      4. Kuro DCupu
        Kuro DCupu
        I heard Pluto is planet again.
        Oct 5, 2018
    17. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Sometimes I feel like people use the word autistic the same way people used to use the word retard.
      2. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        I use the term narcissistic when referring to a certain types of media. Is that wrong?
        Sep 30, 2018
      3. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        If the shoe fits. But "Narcissistic" is better used to describe an individual who cares way too much about themselves or how they look and nothing else. If you want to refer to media or some other force, "Pretentious" might fit better.
        Sep 30, 2018
        Matseb2611 likes this.
      4. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        true and annoying to those who actually have dealings with the real thing
        Oct 15, 2018
    18. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      I feel like I should still like Rivals of Aether, but Shovel Knight as a playable really bothers me.
      2. Uzuki
        Uzuki
        Sorry I forgot to mention that Custom knight is a fish. They even have one of his taunt animations be his helmet falling off and seeing the fish face
        Sep 25, 2018
        Mystic_Enigma likes this.
      3. hiddenone
        hiddenone
        Shovel Knight is a suit of living armor, and nothing anyone says will ever change my mind. :p
        Sep 25, 2018
        Philosophus Vagus and Uzuki like this.
      4. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        I think it would be funny if, in a sequel, Shovel Knight takes his helmet off time to time, but there's a different head ranging from humans and animals every time.
        Sep 25, 2018
        Uzuki likes this.
    19. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Nothing I've read about Dragon Quest 11's story and game has been all that comforting for me.
      1. Vincent Chu
        Vincent Chu
        Hope you find comfort in at least some of the stories and games here instead then.
        Sep 21, 2018
        Philosophus Vagus likes this.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        It's nothing groundbreaking, just your standard reincarnated hero of light fighting legendary evil spiel.

Gameplay is patently dragon quest; bout as inovative as they've gone is replace random encounters with on the map ones.
        Sep 21, 2018
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        That said I've been enjoying dq11 so far. It's nice to see a mainstream title continue to embrace turn-based in a world where almost all AAA RPGs are arpgs tbh. I like both but I'll be the first to admit that game sold itself to me on nostalgia alone, of course, that's also what lead me here as well. :D
        Sep 21, 2018
    20. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      My dad is watching season 5 of The Guild right now. I feel sick thinking about that show, mostly for furry related reasons.
      2. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        Oh, is this about an actual MMO, or a fictional one? And what about the portrayals didn't sing well with you?
        Sep 17, 2018
      3. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        I think a made up one. Also, the main star made a few tasteless comments about how furries are freaks. If what dad told me about s5 is true, she must have gotten some angry emails.
        Sep 17, 2018
      4. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        Huh, well that probably sparked something or another. Then again those of that community aren't exactly paragons...In any case, maybe they'll do it a little batter in that regard? It's worth giving it a Gentleman's Try!
        Sep 17, 2018
        Philosophus Vagus likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jun 22, 1991 (Age: 27)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3