Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!, Male, 27

Veteran

Has anyone else been seeing sloths a lot lately? Oct 20, 2018 at 3:38 AM

Benny Jackdaw was last seen:
Oct 21, 2018 at 10:43 AM
    1. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Has anyone else been seeing sloths a lot lately?
      1. Poryg
        Poryg
        Yeah, myself.
        Oct 20, 2018 at 3:54 AM
        Marsigne likes this.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Not since I backpacked through Central America, no. Sloths don't seem to like the north for some reason, a real shame they cannot be found in their up here.
        Oct 20, 2018 at 9:29 PM
      3. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        I meant in media and stores on merchandise.
        Oct 21, 2018 at 12:29 AM
    2. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Am I the only one who hates Meltan? Now it really does feel like they ran out of ideas.
      1. Knayter likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Milennin
        Milennin
        The running out of ideas is what people say every new gen. Then, a few months into it, people are suddenly OK with the new gen, and then the cycle repeats when the next gen gets announced.
        Oct 17, 2018 at 1:08 AM
        Knayter likes this.
      4. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        honestly this is the first time I've actually said that personally.

I'm just hoping at least one of the starters this generation isn't going to turn into a freaking stick figure again like the last two generations. In fact, a lighter hand on Stick Figure Pokemon in general, and make Pokemon besides stick figures competitively viable please.

No, I do not like frail-looking designs.
        Oct 17, 2018 at 9:50 AM
      5. S.Court
        S.Court
        I feel we have had worse designs in Gen 1, even when I don't like Meltan too much

Besides, it looks like Meltan will be something like Zygarde cells, when there will be much of them together, they'll fuse into another form... Basically Zygarde-Complete 2.0
        Oct 17, 2018 at 11:03 PM
    3. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      For some reason, when I hear the word monster, I think of something cute and fluffy.
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        @Mystic_Enigma guess it all hinges on your definition of the word monster doesn't it ;)
        Here's the Latin version
        mōnstrum n (genitive mōnstrī); second declension

a divine omen indicating misfortune, an evil omen, portent
        (metonymically) a monster, monstrosity, whether in size or character
        (figuratively) a thing that evokes fear and wonder
        Oct 15, 2018 at 11:26 AM
      4. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        I think of energy drink, and exp/item drop farming.
        Oct 15, 2018 at 11:39 AM
        Finnuval likes this.
      5. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Yes, if you use a lot of RPG maker, monsters in the RPG maker are cute.
        Oct 16, 2018 at 11:25 PM
    4. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Writing a book about a group of sumo wrestling monsters trying to be heroes, but now I'm thinking about how to introduce their rivals.
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        I smell a tournament arc coming on...
        Oct 13, 2018
      3. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        I'm saving that for a future book.
        Oct 13, 2018
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        They show up, boast, make rude comments and then leave, without paying for their meals.
        Oct 13, 2018
    5. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Wait, now pandas are bears again? Make up your mind, science!
      1. Philosophus Vagus likes this.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Science can't do that, it's always correcting its own ignorance. Recently we've discovered through dna that there are actually a lot less subspecies in the world than previously believed and that many (sometimes 100s) of what we thought were individual animals were actually the same species and that their external differences were purely environmental adaptation rather than distinct evolutionary tracts.
        Oct 5, 2018
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        The correct category is actually no category. We categorizing/classifying things so we can understand better. If it's like this, it must be this. But, living creature is just a complex chemical reaction that we havent yet understand it.
        Oct 5, 2018
      4. Kuro DCupu
        Kuro DCupu
        I heard Pluto is planet again.
        Oct 5, 2018
    6. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Sometimes I feel like people use the word autistic the same way people used to use the word retard.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        I use the term narcissistic when referring to a certain types of media. Is that wrong?
        Sep 30, 2018
      3. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        If the shoe fits. But "Narcissistic" is better used to describe an individual who cares way too much about themselves or how they look and nothing else. If you want to refer to media or some other force, "Pretentious" might fit better.
        Sep 30, 2018
        Matseb2611 likes this.
      4. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        true and annoying to those who actually have dealings with the real thing
        Oct 15, 2018 at 11:28 AM
    7. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      I feel like I should still like Rivals of Aether, but Shovel Knight as a playable really bothers me.
      2. Uzuki
        Uzuki
        Sorry I forgot to mention that Custom knight is a fish. They even have one of his taunt animations be his helmet falling off and seeing the fish face
        Sep 25, 2018
        Mystic_Enigma likes this.
      3. hiddenone
        hiddenone
        Shovel Knight is a suit of living armor, and nothing anyone says will ever change my mind. :p
        Sep 25, 2018
        Philosophus Vagus and Uzuki like this.
      4. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        I think it would be funny if, in a sequel, Shovel Knight takes his helmet off time to time, but there's a different head ranging from humans and animals every time.
        Sep 25, 2018
        Uzuki likes this.
    8. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Nothing I've read about Dragon Quest 11's story and game has been all that comforting for me.
      1. Vincent Chu
        Vincent Chu
        Hope you find comfort in at least some of the stories and games here instead then.
        Sep 21, 2018
        Philosophus Vagus likes this.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        It's nothing groundbreaking, just your standard reincarnated hero of light fighting legendary evil spiel.

Gameplay is patently dragon quest; bout as inovative as they've gone is replace random encounters with on the map ones.
        Sep 21, 2018
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        That said I've been enjoying dq11 so far. It's nice to see a mainstream title continue to embrace turn-based in a world where almost all AAA RPGs are arpgs tbh. I like both but I'll be the first to admit that game sold itself to me on nostalgia alone, of course, that's also what lead me here as well. :D
        Sep 21, 2018
    9. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      My dad is watching season 5 of The Guild right now. I feel sick thinking about that show, mostly for furry related reasons.
      2. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        Oh, is this about an actual MMO, or a fictional one? And what about the portrayals didn't sing well with you?
        Sep 17, 2018
      3. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        I think a made up one. Also, the main star made a few tasteless comments about how furries are freaks. If what dad told me about s5 is true, she must have gotten some angry emails.
        Sep 17, 2018
      4. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        Huh, well that probably sparked something or another. Then again those of that community aren't exactly paragons...In any case, maybe they'll do it a little batter in that regard? It's worth giving it a Gentleman's Try!
        Sep 17, 2018
        Philosophus Vagus likes this.
    10. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      I am starting to think that the worst enemy to imagination is indecisiveness.
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Hmm. I think you might be right. Maybe that's why limitations help creativity so much.
        Sep 11, 2018
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I've been trying a new thing lately. When I get overwhelmed with a decision or just can't choose, I've been trying to break the whole thing down into smaller choices. I have to make more choices but they're easier ones.
        Sep 11, 2018
    11. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      There seems to be quite a buzz for Dragon Quest 11, but frankly I'm not interested in Dragon Quest games unless... Oh nevermind.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        I like 11 so far. Don't know if it has a monster arena or not but it's a nice nostalgia trip for people who pine for the game mechanics of the previous decade. Ever played DQ5? That one seems like it'd be right up your ally; in addition to being one of the best of the series. :D
        Sep 9, 2018
      3. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        Yes I have. Dragon Quest 5 is one of my personal faves. the only other main Dragon Quest I can think of with a monster taming feature is number 8. I know six technically has one, but it's limited to just slime. I own both Dragon Quest 5 and 8 for my tablet.
        Sep 9, 2018
    12. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Out of boredom, I decided to watch the infamous one coarse meal episode of SpongeBob. ...it's bad.
      1. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        I find the latest seasons of Spongebob bad in general. A lot of cartoons lately are either in bad taste or way too dark for their own good...
        Sep 2, 2018
    13. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      *Watching nature show* Gorrillas? ...meh. Lions? ...meh. frogs are kind of cool. ...ANTEATERS!? SQUEE!!!
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
    14. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      Every time an Indian scam artist calls, I get to do my best mr. Oldman impression. Hello!? You have the wrong number!!!
      1. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        If you really want to mess with them, record what they are saying and then just play it back to them.
        Aug 28, 2018
    15. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      I feel like I can't get away from doing this, but in most world's I make, at least one character is fat. what's wrong with me!?
      1. MushroomCake28
        MushroomCake28
        What's wrong with that? I mean statistically speaking, what are the odds that no one is fat in a city (or even a village).
        Aug 24, 2018
        mlogan likes this.
      2. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        That someone is usually either one of the main characters or ALL the main characters.
        Aug 24, 2018
        MushroomCake28 likes this.
    16. Benny Jackdaw
      1. mlogan
      2. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        what I don't get is that the people who made the toothless look alike in that game didn't even bother to change toothless's iconic broken tail! what could have just been a rip off ended up being copyright infringement.
        Aug 21, 2018
    17. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      What's with all the animal eared people in jrpgs? is that Japan's idea of furries? why do I see them so much?
      2. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        @TheoAllen one problem I do have is that there's too many wolves and foxes and mundane animals, and not enough cool ones like porcupines or wombats or pangolins. I'd love to see more interesting anthro protagonists, though even mundane anthro characters are nice to see every now and then Imo.
        Aug 20, 2018
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        If you're fine with anime culture, I think zero kara hajimeru mahou no sho has a good anthro prota. Granted, he wasn't unique bcz of the world setting, but still the main prota. Even I was enjoying it.
        Aug 20, 2018
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Aug 20, 2018
    18. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
    19. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      that feeling you get when you look at all you've done and realize all you still have to do yet...
      1. Frogboy likes this.
    20. Benny Jackdaw
      Benny Jackdaw
      everytime I see Alpha's trailer, I can just hear the anti-wolfaboos commenting on it. ...And wolfaboos themselves, I guess.
      1. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        The what's and the anti-whats? Why are we all so obsessed with putting nonsensical labels on each other to define cliques based on melenin content, sex, sexual preference or whatever the fudge else we can find to divide each other into neat little boxes with?

Alpha looks pretty awesome though, can't wait to see it in 2-3 years. :)
        Aug 16, 2018
      2. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        To be honest, I'm actually kind of glad people are getting sick of those terms. Basically people used that term to refer to people who are obsessed with Wolves, but a lot of people use that to refer to anyone who like wolves.
        Aug 16, 2018
  • About

Birthday:
    Jun 22, 1991 (Age: 27)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3