Benny Jackdaw
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Well, nanowrimo is now completely unusable after the convoluted reformat.
    magnaangemon01
    magnaangemon01
    I did nanowrimo once. What's wrong with it now?
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    honestly, honestly, the way the form is structured is Bizarro. Maybe I just made this when I was frustrated with the new layout.
    by now, I think most people know that I hate misanthropic bad guys, but I realize one more reason I hate them so much is because the motive is easy and takes no thought to come up with. It's actually more challenging to create a villain that doesn't have that motive.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    It's very common for sure. It's much more interesting for the player to have a deeper connection with a major antagonist instead of them just generally keeping to themselves and hating people just because.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @KakonComp, some people do that if you see in criminology. You will turn to the cynic lol. Some people do not cared about how much of their actions hurt people around them.
    @Benny Jackdaw, do not worry about reputation. People just looked at MZ threads mostly now lol.
    really struggling to make a video I want to release on YouTube. The subscription I have to my video editing program is going to waste.
    I feel like every time I look for something to hope for, I find even less. -_-
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    That's how I feel about tacos.. I feel like I look over hoping for one, and I have even less than the last time I looked. My "hope" is dwindling! :kaocry:
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    Honestly, Finnuval, That previous discussion I had that got locked, honestly, I still have things I want to say on the matter. I also kind of want to continue our discussion, if you are willing.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Well, you know my stance on the matter. If the discussion can remain civil (so no caps, cursing, etc) , stays within reason and is based on the mutual acceptence that neither of us is going to be absolutly right (we are talking opinions here so yeah) then you are welcome to PM me. If this is not something you think you can do then it might be better to leave things as they are however.
    Always kind of annoys me to see people complain about ads in their phone applications because people are too lazy to turn on airplane mode when using them.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    They even complain about ads on the MIUI of Xiaomi phones when it's a total joke to disable them. Laziness is a plague.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    but what if the app needs to connect to internet to work
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    in that case, I can understand the complaint, but in a program that doesn't, that's all that needs to be done.
    if you are wondering why your JavaScript processor isn't working, just remember... *klonks you on the head* you could have used a V8!
    Are bots on YouTube a thing? I uploaded a video this morning, and someone named music complimented the video and said he wanted to be friends, but he posted this comment in less time then it would have taken to watch the video from when I uploaded it.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Yeah. That's a bot. Said the same thing on my and unpro pro's video. They do it the minute you upload.
    Grunwave
    Grunwave
    wonder if it is an internal bot or external? I know twitch has bot viewers, unsure the purpose, maybe ad revenue.
    I was shopping with my parents yesterday, and I saw a dude with a big cat mask. I asked jokingly if he was trying out for the next Masked Singer, and then he started rapping. I am not making this up.
    I'm starting to become a little worried about Obsorber. he hasn't logged in for weeks and he hasn't responded to my comments on his game, or commented on the last chapter I gave him. I hope he didn't get the Coronavirus. :-(
    SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    I haven't heard from a friend of mine from here, that I became very close friends with, since 2017 :/ sometimes people just take a break from the website or just lose interest in it.
    while I have nothing against gay people, I have to admit that I am slightly creeped out by people that are stereotypically gay. I don't know why.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    @Finnuval That's pretty much the definition of open minded these days, dont think you'll get closer xD Just finding someone who doesnt immediatley assume the absolute worst possible thing about what someone said is a miracle in my eyes :p Guess that's just facebook o_O
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    @Willibab haha yeah social media does make you amazed at what should be normal huh? xD
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    to be fair, the discussion didn't get as heated as it could have, so I feel like that made things easier.
    It may be Easter today, but it's white as Christmas right now here in Wisconsin. I know I made the White as Christmas comment last year, but who cares.
    Dear RegantCorp.
    Your game Bubble Burst $tory sucks! I won't spend 10$ on a skin that looks exactly the same! And now I have Up on the Housetop stuck in my head, and it's not even close to Christmas! Curse you, RegantCorp!
    Signed,
    Tantan.
    Ami
    Ami
    what happen?
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    Oh, it's this feature in this metroidvania game called SuperEpic: the Entertainment Wars where some areas are blocked off by QR codes. scanning the QR codes brings you to a website where you play Parodies certain well-known phone games, and beating these games unlocks a number code that lets you were through the area. Fortunately, they only block off treasure chests and not anything required to progress.
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    Bubble Burst story is a parody of your standard Bust A Move rip off, complete with a store section filled with bogus microtransactions (that aren't actually functional because it's a parody), and the theme song to it is up on the housetop.
    I found a rat in my grain barrel this morning. I've seen lots of mice in there, but this is the first time I've seen a full-blown rat.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    As a former woods guy turned city folk.. You have a grain barrel? :o More importantly, did you train the rat to be an attack rat? It's just technically another "Pokemon" right? :LZSexcite:
    I hear Red XIII isn't going to be playable in the FF7 remake. I really hope that isn't true.
    Uzuki
    Uzuki
    @ImaginaryVillain Woops my bad. It's been years since I've seen a physical copy of the game so I forgot how much of it was broken up between the discs.
    Sorry about the misinfo, Part 1 stops after they escape Midgar and seeing as you only get Red in that final area of the Shinra HQ they probably thought it would be best to hold it off until Part 2 and you can properly have time to spend with him.
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    I hope that is the case that they eventually do plan on having him become playable once you exit Midgar.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh, I'm sure they will. After all, they have to come up with at least 30 hours of main game. And Kalm (that useless town outside of Midgar) to the Forgotten City definitely isn't that. So they'll have to expand upon the Cosmo Canyon story line (amongst other things), it's not like they can leave it out. Bugenhagen is the guy who sends you to the Forgotten City, he also tells you about the Lifestream.
    I'm looking for someone to outline and color my drawings for use in YouTube Videos over at another website yet, but it's been two weeks and no one wants to. I don't want to do it myself because using a mouse is painful for me.
    Maybe I should stop warning people that my book has fat Furs in it because apparently some people will be led to believe it's a fetish book when it isn't.
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    as for how their bodies affect the story? Again, Their damage-resistant body has come in handy when fighting bad guys. in addition, most monsters who practice Sumotora are convinced that they are the strongest Warriors, and their pride does affect the story greatly.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Even from what little I learned about sumo culture from a Gaijin Goombah video or two, this is a cool concept and I feel it's very unique to see it adapted. It's a niche not even Japanese fans really specialize in from personal experience. It's like how my fantasy setting is specifically based off the Byzantine Empire, and by association medieval Persia and the Keivan Rus. <3
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    I hear sumo wrestling became more popular in Hawaii than Japan at one point. I'm not sure if Hawaiians still practice sumo wrestling, though.
    Got the rough draft of my book done, but I haven't found any Beta readers. I wonder if anyone here would be willing to read a rough draft of a book about Sumotoran monsters.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Kinda interested, I like bestiaries for media and games. Not sure if I have the time to but I could give it a try?
    Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. I feel like I have the exact opposite interests in storytelling as everyone else.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I am thinking about redoing my portfolio video...
Degica has great discounts now on Steam too. MV & MV DLCs, VX Ace & VX Ace DLCs, and some DLC for MZ with a 10% discount. So if you are missing something, you can catch up now.
I'm streaming @jasonzeno 's game called Moonfall
I've been trying out Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark, and it has an interesting approach to consumable items - you get a limited inventory that is automatically refreshed to max limits (1 or 2 each, craft to expand + improve effect) at the start of each combat. It's a mechanic that goes against the common urge to hoard consumables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MassiMatte23