Didn't know what to write for my final in my personal essay class...so I just wrote a long devlog in prose. This is literally the first time game development has impacted grad school in a positive way.
I've made a lot of small changes and fixes over the past couple weeks without actually making any progress on my game...now I'm running out of things I want to change, and I'm terrified that I might have to start being productive again...the horror! D:
I officially declare today "test play day." I'm going to waste the whole day playing video games, which isn't a shock to anybody, but hopefully today I'll play my own and figure out what still needs fixin's.
My favorite kind of progress? Reverse progress! First, change some small feature of your game. Second, go back through and change 6,000 tiny things related to that minor alteration just to get your game playable again. What fun!
I like numbers. Here's my game (so far) by the numbers:
Common Events: 100
Which adds up to maybe 6 hours of play time and an embarrassing number of hours of my time.
Took some good advice and ran a bunch of bloated images through tinypng.com and ended up shaving something like 60mb off my project's size. That's a pretty good percentage of the total size just from compressing some images
One player mentioned that the hint system in Lucidity wasn't specific enough. Well, I agree; it's a bit vague. Enter the Lucidity Player's Handbook. I'll put it in the game just as soon as I have...more time than I have.
I have about a day's worth of work until I finish this chapter of my game... I have for the last week, actually, but there's always something I want to add... This is how we end up spending years on a 'small' game.
Couldn't sleep at all so I started working on the topmost deck. I've had to make several deviations from the Imperator/Berengaria's deck-plans to accommodate MV's movement, but 100% accuracy was never my intention.
Still no name for the poor ship...