bgillisp
Last Activity:
Nov 18, 2019 at 2:15 AM

Awarded Medals 2

Share This Page

bgillisp

Global Moderators, Male, from USA

Global Mod

Got a snow day today, used it to deep clean my desk. Now maybe I won't be breathing in so much dust. Nov 12, 2019 at 1:46 AM

bgillisp was last seen:
Viewing latest content, Nov 18, 2019 at 2:15 AM
    1. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Was the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except for my computer mouse.
    2. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      So everyone around me has pnuemonia this holiday break. Where's my bracelet of pnuemonia protection?
      1. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Pneumonia is usually the result of the of having a different infection first; it doesn't really start out that way. So, in a way, pneumonia isn't really contagious at all. But the other stuff that can turn into it, are.
        Dec 24, 2014
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        The Bracelet costs 80,000,000 Crystal Hearts... Or you can buy one with real money for $50.
        Dec 24, 2014
    3. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Heading off into the internet black hole. What's it like over there again?
      1. UNphiltered_khaos
        Dec 24, 2014
      2. whitesphere
        whitesphere
        Aaah, you mean TVTropes?
        Dec 24, 2014
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Nah, the place I'm staying at over the holidays has bandwidth caps on download/uploads and such. Will be a change to have to deal with that vs my usual internet which as no restrictions.
        Dec 24, 2014
    4. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Craziest challenge you ever attempted in a video game: Go!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Gothic Lolita
        Gothic Lolita
        o_O

You really tried to beat a 70 hours game without any saving. Respect for trying it. *hugs* (\s/)
        Dec 19, 2014
      3. Cluly
        Cluly
        20 hours, just left the PS1 on over night lol.
        Dec 19, 2014
      4. Archeia
        Archeia
        No saving challenge for FF7 and FFT. Then the reach the age limit in FFT but it was just impossible.
        Dec 19, 2014
    5. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      It is so nice seeing Current Chapter: 4 in your save game file for the game you are making.
    6. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Ugh...so close to being done with Chapter 3, but soooo sleepy.
      1. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        You can do eet!!
        Dec 18, 2014
    7. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      I think i need to find coffee 3.0, I just tried handing out my Discrete final to my Finite Math class
      2. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        How about... There was a statistician that drowned crossing a river... It was 3 feet deep on average.
        Dec 17, 2014
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Lol. Coffee 3.0 - by my coffee version scale, I rarely have that one, lol!
        Dec 17, 2014
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Three statisticians were hunting deer. The first fired a bullet that missed to the right. The second fired a bullet that missed to the left. The third shouted "We got him!"
        Dec 17, 2014
    8. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Having trouble waking up? Just put Offenbach's infernal gallop on repeat for a while.
    9. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      The next timeI decide to design a three level interconnected dungeon, someone ask me what am I thinking?
      2. Heretic86
        Heretic86
        Without appropriate planning, a simple one level dungeon will overwhelm a person. I made a 15 level interconnected dungeon, and it was possible because it was planned.
        Dec 14, 2014
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Even with planning, it can be overwhelming though. But, it does look nice when it is all in the game properly I will admit.
        Dec 14, 2014
      4. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        15...!! I was joking about 6, lol. Look forward to seeing it in action, bgillisp. :)
        Dec 14, 2014
    10. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Just found Thalzon's Battlers today...now here goes the next 6 hours of my life as I insert them all into the game.
      1. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        I had almost a similar reaction when I first discovered them. It was like stumbling upon a goldmine of goodies.
        Dec 13, 2014
    11. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Just found Thalzon
      1. Dalph
        Dalph
        I wonder if he ever created a battler of himself, or maybe of rm people here.

That would be awesome.
        Dec 13, 2014
        1 person likes this.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I hit enter too fast on this one, meant his battlers.
        Dec 13, 2014
    12. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Signs it's time for bed: When you try to import a graphic file as a music file into RPGMaker
      2. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dec 12, 2014
      3. byronclaude
        byronclaude
        hahaha! YES! Or when you make an npc message event like: Welcome to the town of sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss (falling asleep w/ s key pushed)
        Dec 12, 2014
      4. Kes
        Kes
        As a variation on a theme - importing an edited tilesheet and seeing no perceptible improvement. Re-edit, import, still no improvement. repeat a couple of more times, and only then spot that you are importing your tile sheet into Battlers.
        Dec 12, 2014
    13. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      So today I decided to try to redraw a 60 x 60 town map using only the needed space. Final (new) town size: 20 x 20
      1. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Small town there... How'd you manage that?
        Dec 9, 2014
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        The part you have access to is small, the rest is restricted as the party 'isn't good enough' in the eyes of the guards.
        Dec 9, 2014
      3. Nightblade50
        Nightblade50
        @bgillisp If you are using MV, try using Avery's guards on her advent event page. They are great for blocking areas.
        Dec 25, 2017
    14. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      So I had an idea for a game mechanic: Instead of hit and misses, replace miss with a weak hit (reduced damage). Good or bad idea?
      1. Nightblade50 likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        That's what I was thinking too, make it like a graze. Or, since HP is supposed to represent fatigue in battle (and not hits), even a miss would reduce fatigue a little. I may give it a try in a side project to see if this can be implemented then, now that I know it is not a 100% crazy idea.
        Dec 9, 2014
      4. byronclaude
        byronclaude
        possible to have all 3? Hit, graze or miss entirely?
        Dec 9, 2014
      5. Nightblade50
        Dec 25, 2017
    15. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Best game you have played in 2014: Go!
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Yes, it doesn't have to be made in 2014, especially as I almost never play a game the same year it comes out.
        Dec 6, 2014
      3. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        The Witcher 2
        Dec 6, 2014
      4. Yangfly Master
        Yangfly Master
        Super Smash Bros 4
        Dec 6, 2014
    16. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      You know you have succeeded in making the end boss of a chapter difficult when you (the developer) can lose that fight still.
      2. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Okay. Consider something better fleshed out for the game's final boss.
        Dec 6, 2014
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Yes, that's the plan. This is only the boss of chapter 1. And that is what I did do Matseb2611 with the either 2x on same person vs hit all. Still, it seems the problem came down to I didn't have dispel working yet, so couldn't remove those $@%^ status aliments he also hits you with on his other skills (the ones I haven't mentioned), which was causing me to lose ~100 HP per turn in slip damage too (2x party hit all + slip damage = OUCH!). Just never noticed it yet as...
        Dec 6, 2014
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        (got cut off) I had won the fight too fast before. Ain't testing fun?
        Dec 6, 2014
    17. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      So I planned on being productive tonight...then I discovered Broforce on Steam
    18. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Dear Conception II: I wanted to like you. But, when your last dungeons are way too low, EXP rewards are too low for fights, and then you throw a boss at me that goes 4 turns to my one and KO's me in those 4 turns, forget it.
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        *dungeons are way too long, not low
        Dec 1, 2014
    19. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      This ever happen to you? While working on my game this week many good ideas for my second game came to me.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        You write them down at least? I've heard that is one of the best ways to handle them, as they can turn into side projects.
        Nov 30, 2014
      3. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        All the time.
        Nov 30, 2014
      4. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        Happens to me all the time, I find it incredibly difficult to finish anything because I always get more excited about the new project.
        Nov 30, 2014
    20. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Going back over some of the events early in my game today. Found myself muttering "Why in the *world* did I use a parallel process here?" many times already.
      1. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        With me it's the other way round, there's a whole bunch of stuff I could have done much easier had I known about them to start with.
        Nov 30, 2014
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just a math teacher attempting to make an RPG.

Signature

Released Games by me:
    [​IMG]