bgillisp

Global Moderators, Male, from USA

Global Mod

Officially Thanksgiving now, I had the post meal nap on the couch. Nov 29, 2019

bgillisp was last seen:
Dec 10, 2019 at 1:10 PM
    1. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      So I planned on being productive tonight...then I discovered Broforce on Steam
    2. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Dear Conception II: I wanted to like you. But, when your last dungeons are way too low, EXP rewards are too low for fights, and then you throw a boss at me that goes 4 turns to my one and KO's me in those 4 turns, forget it.
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        *dungeons are way too long, not low
        Dec 1, 2014
    3. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      This ever happen to you? While working on my game this week many good ideas for my second game came to me.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        You write them down at least? I've heard that is one of the best ways to handle them, as they can turn into side projects.
        Nov 30, 2014
      3. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        All the time.
        Nov 30, 2014
      4. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        Happens to me all the time, I find it incredibly difficult to finish anything because I always get more excited about the new project.
        Nov 30, 2014
    4. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Going back over some of the events early in my game today. Found myself muttering "Why in the *world* did I use a parallel process here?" many times already.
      1. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        With me it's the other way round, there's a whole bunch of stuff I could have done much easier had I known about them to start with.
        Nov 30, 2014
    5. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      A steam sale? I can hear my credit card crying for mercy already.
      1. Monkeysnow55 The Cookie
        Monkeysnow55 The Cookie
        YESSS!!!! :DDDDDDD
        Nov 27, 2014
    6. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      After sitting all day in meetings, I think I'm going to add a new skill to my game: Death by Meeting.
      1. That Bread
        That Bread
        Ah hah hah! Perfect! Meetings are truly dull... no matter how many balloons may be present. Twas a promotional meeting I had once, it was still.... boring.
        Nov 26, 2014
    7. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Ever go back to redraw one of your first maps ever in RPGMaker, and find yourself going "What was I thinking?"
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        It's kind of funny in a way, as right now I'm redoing some of my first ever RPGMaker maps based on feedback in early project development. Seems I was shoehorning things in just a little too long...bleck.
        Nov 20, 2014
      3. Venka
        Venka
        I don't really make games.. most just script. But I've done that a lot when I go back to my older scripts. Some of them were... just bad
        Nov 20, 2014
      4. Arin
        Arin
        My first ever map was in VX and.....was an eyesore. Combining the Exterior with World Map Tiles...
        Nov 20, 2014
    8. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Decided to spend today playing through my game from start to finish and noting what needs to be changed and what doesn't work well. About 4 hours later I'm 1 hour into the game (of approx 4 hours of playtime). This is gonna take a while...
      1. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        I feel ya. I was doing the same thing with a 20 min game.... Took me 3 hours to get to the current end point... Good luck with your endeavor.
        Nov 14, 2014
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Good thing to do though! Keep at it!
        Nov 14, 2014
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I know. I think part of the problem is I stop to fix the bug when I see it (so I don't forget). I've also re-written two whole dialogs while doing this, which added to the time.
        Nov 14, 2014
    9. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Go to clean my kitchen, come up with an idea on things to add to a script I wrote and how to do them. Maybe I should go clean the kitchen more often when I'm stumped?
      2. Kes
        Kes
        So is going for walks.
        Nov 13, 2014
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Ah, I meant to include that too but I used the wrong word. The body can't tell the difference between work that gets stuff done and work that just uses up energy. The point is that getting the body going helps creativity. The actual activity doesn't matter so much as long as you don't use much brain power to do it.
        Nov 13, 2014
      4. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        It's a very interesting process. It's to do with the brain getting bored and receiving very little stimulation, and so it ends up creating stimulation for itself. ;)
        Nov 13, 2014
    10. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      In class today the lights were off for some reason, so I joked "It is dark inside, you are about to be eaten by a grue." None of them got it. Now I just feel old...
      1. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        Zork is kinda obscure too when you think about it haha
        Nov 6, 2014
    11. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Chapter 2 of my game is done (as well as the intro to chapter 3). "Only" 7 more to go...
      1. That Bread
        That Bread
        Keep at it you'll get there! One thing I do is, save the bug testing for when you get three more done.
        Nov 3, 2014
      2. wallacethepig
        wallacethepig
        That's better than nothing, keep it up!
        Nov 3, 2014
    12. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Since we are on a random name kick today:http://videogamena.me/ it generates a random name for a game (based on current existing names). I got Turbo Squirrel Preacher. What do you get?
      2. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Hehe, these titles are awesome. I wish I had the time for Kamikaze Baseball of the Blood God.

Let's see, some more funny ones:

- Frankenstein's Duck Havoc

- In the Lost Kingdom of Vocabulary Fun

- Escape from the Bedtime of Magic.
        Oct 29, 2014
      3. Yangfly Master
        Yangfly Master
        Rise of the Blood God.

this is really cool!

If my game wasn't named "Light Phantasy The Red Crystal",I would change it.
        Oct 29, 2014
      4. Juunanagou
        Juunanagou
        Jamaican Stick Squadron lol XD
        Oct 29, 2014
    13. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      PLaytesting with a stomach bug = not the best idea I ever had.
      1. SoulScathe
        SoulScathe
        Hope you better soon bud.
        Oct 12, 2014
    14. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      Stupid illness. At least this gives me a chance to playtest my game from start to finish in those fleeting wakeful hours.
    15. bgillisp
      bgillisp
      About to teach Discrete Math using RPG Maker ACE....this will definitely be different!
      2. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        @touch Boolean algebra seems really easy, but I may be a little biased since programming includes a lot of ANDs ORs and NOTs.
        Sep 3, 2014
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I was going over conditional logic, so how if, and, or statements work. Used VX ACE and a little ruby to demonstrate simple if statements and when the if will run and when it will not. In a few weeks will return to it when they are ready for for and while, and algorithms
        Sep 3, 2014
      4. Touchfuzzy
        Touchfuzzy
        @Zalerinian, I went to school for Electronics. I can still do figure out all the logic, I've just forgotten how to do the math itself to speed things up.
        Sep 3, 2014
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just a math teacher attempting to make an RPG.

Signature

Released Games by me:
    [​IMG]