bgillisp
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• If I can manhandle every opponent in your game, your final boss should not still be able to manhandle me. I'm looking at you, Pillars of Eternity...
    ??????
    ??????
    Only level 8 at end game? wth??
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Low level game.
    ??????
    ??????
    Booooooo!! I want to be level 9731 and have over 100k hp, and a battle sandwich that I feed to foes to kill them!
    Cold viruses. The boss monster that stops RPG Development.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Seasonal allergies do that to me to when I get headaches.
    Kes
    Kes
    But that boss has a weakness - hot whisky toddy and a wrap-around duvet to sweat it out. Has been known to reduce boss MHP by up to 60%. Your main problem is dealing with the minions - headaches and appetite stealers whose job is to weaken you further so that the boss can move in for the killer punch.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    @ksjp17 Congratulations you win clever joke of the day in my book; that was superb.
    All my extra keys are claimed now. Happy Vox day!
    NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    happy vox day
    deilin
    deilin
    VOX day?
    NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    Very long story Vox made post giving away free code, I started giving away free codes Tearsofthenigh go tmost of them and we ended up with the fastest growing update chain forum thing ever. We now have a new holiday and demon :)
    Got some humble bundle codes I never gave away. Anyone need RPG Maker VX ACE, Game Character Hub or Goats on a Bridge?
    NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    I happen to have a key for it, but that's for tomorrow ;)
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    @Schlangan: Sent the key your way. That leaves only Game Character Hub left.
    ElementalLight
    ElementalLight
    you still have chracter hub by chance ? lol tears is like the taker of all keys
    Write 2 side quests for the game, get ideas for 5 more.
    Kes
    Kes
    I wish.

I think I'm running out of ideas for side quests that aren't thinly disguised versions of previous ones.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    It's difficult to make good sidequests, or rather interesting side quests you can make them good as in balanced but making them fun is another thing entirely. You don't want something like Nier where almost everything is a generic get this, collect that or kill this.
    Probably the most tiring thing of game development is spending an entire weekend on the game, only to find out that you only added 20 minutes of playtime in the end.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Yeah and it depends on what that 20 minutes means to if it wraps up an area or its for some system in the game that's a big step forward.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    @Shaz, which might explain why I have about 8 hours of playtime right now after about 6 months.
    Geoff Moore
    Geoff Moore
    Based on IGMC I seem to spend a month on a game and end up with twenty minutes playtime total... :p
    When i'm an evil overlord, my first commandment will be that all shopkeepers shall not sell quality weapons to anyone who wants to buy them.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    A lot of low-class evil overlords are so dumb that they leave the strongest weapons\armors of the land in random chests inside their castles. That's a mistake that I will never do.
    optimum45
    optimum45
    I'll make the worst mistake of all. I'll make the weapon that can destroy me, and build a series of easy challenges that I think are difficult so the Hero will never find it! -_-
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Hopefully for the shopkeepers you never become evil overlord; so many innocent shopkeepers would be put out of business. They have children darn it!
    Since I can't find my motivation, time to play games. First, finish Atonement, then, maybe Escalia?
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    ...then maybe the Beanstalk? (Shameless plug finished)
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    @matseb2611: Chapter 4, about to climb the mountain. All side quests that I could find done.
    BCj
    BCj
    Go you :p
    Ever had one of those weeks you take one look at everything you need to get done, and just want to curl up in a ball and whimper?
    Seriel
    Seriel
    Yep.

It's.. ughh...
    Hudell
    Hudell
    I've been having one of those years.
    Kes
    Kes
    Often, maybe almost every week.
    hey a little over a week ago you gave me a script to boost the HIT of any skill with a notetag. Can I commercially release a game with your script in it?
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Yes, free for commercial and non-commercial use with credit.
    MusicTF
    MusicTF
    Kewl thanks
    Alright everyone, get those IGMC entries done. I want some good games to play tomorrow!
    Looks like the surge of IGMC entries has begun. 34 pages of games and counting.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    And thus bugs were formed. Forever taunting judges to slam there head into the wall in dramatic fashion.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Friendly reminder that you don't have to be able to do absolutely everything. It's okay to scale back features or assets if things are too much - especially if you're the only one working on the game! And you can always add things in later. <3
My new cutscene system makes it so much easier to add parallel stuff happening in the background, I can easily fill the whole screen with action.

I remember once when I was at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I got to dance with some of the cast members! It was so much fun! After the show my dad and I got frozen lemonade and some ice cream. It makes me feel better remembering the good things about my dad... maybe I will return to Orlando.
spending almost entire day to mod skyrim but it still couldn't run properly :(
My friend has become one with the glitter. @ImaginaryVillain, got any room in the Cult of the Sporkle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShadowGray