bgillisp
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Ever had one of those weeks you take one look at everything you need to get done, and just want to curl up in a ball and whimper?
    Seriel
    Seriel
    Yep.

It's.. ughh...
    Hudell
    Hudell
    I've been having one of those years.
    Kes
    Kes
    Often, maybe almost every week.
    hey a little over a week ago you gave me a script to boost the HIT of any skill with a notetag. Can I commercially release a game with your script in it?
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Yes, free for commercial and non-commercial use with credit.
    MusicTF
    MusicTF
    Kewl thanks
    Alright everyone, get those IGMC entries done. I want some good games to play tomorrow!
    Looks like the surge of IGMC entries has begun. 34 pages of games and counting.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    And thus bugs were formed. Forever taunting judges to slam there head into the wall in dramatic fashion.
    That moment when you just realized that you just spent 2 days making one town in your game.
    Kes
    Kes
    Is that all? some towns take longer than that.
    I think I'm going to write a tutorial and call it "No, your final boss does NOT need to be an HP sponge". On that note, if I play one more game where the final boss has 10 - 20x the HP of all the other bosses up to that point I'm going to scream.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Aye, true words.
    optimum45
    optimum45
    Unless there are reasons for it to have that much health, I prefer the challenge method. My planned end boss has 1 health, but you won't be able to kill it without specific things, and taking specific actions.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Agreed, optimum. So far in my game I've actually put a couple of bosses that if you did a quest beforehand you can one hit kill them with an item in your inventory (for example, use rat poison on the giant rat boss = battle over in one turn). This way the clever player is rewarded too.
    While going over some of the old videos of my game, I realized some of them are of scenes no longer in the game. Guess my game might be released with 'lost scenes' bonus content
    Looks like I won't be able to do the IGMC this year...have a big work contract to work on at the same time. Maybe I can not sleep?
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    I don't think money is a good reason alone to participate, definitely you'd be better off with your work contract. However, if you consider the fun factor...

Anyway, maybe you can submit a short fun game?
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    @Kyuukon: That's what will happen if I can find enough time to make a game still. Here's hoping.
    byronclaude
    byronclaude
    just do like I do, and rarely ever sleep... (just ignore the shadows that start to move around everywhere, and they will ignore you...)
    Starting at the database for 9+ hours. Not recommended. If I dream of moving skills from ID 431 to 433 I will not be surprised
    After trying yet again to play Dark Souls, I have concluded it is just not the game for me. Next game...
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    you can jump (but only when running). I agree that the tutorials could be done better.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    @Awesomecool: Which does me no good when I'm cornered and need to get over a knee high railing to get uncornered. Why they went through all the trouble to put all these cool looking battle features but forget jump is beyond me. What is this, 1994?
    TherainED
    TherainED
    In the first place, if you get cornered in a bossfight in DS, you're plainly doing it wrong. The stats part can be figured out by keeping an eye out. The first two modify stamina and health, the second, the damage some weapons do and the third two values modify magic.

Still, would be funny to see you try Boodborne.
    Am I th eonly one who finds Dark Souls meh?
    TherainED
    TherainED
    DarkSouls it's quite a different game that takes many aspects of a videogame and gives them a different look. One of the examples is the OST. Absent. The other aspect is the enviroment, which forces the player to move slowly and carefully. The third one is the characters, who can move towards their deaths or not depending on your actions. All in all, DS is a game based on cheating your way around things in various methods that are not based on what you know. The first time you see them is...
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I got around the controls and still found it to be "meh". Story just doesn't really draw me in enough to make me care about anything going on.
    TherainED
    TherainED
    the only time you can apply that logic. Otherwise, the game deserves it's critics.
    While other people take a holiday and go on vacation, I write scripts. Maybe I'm just weird?
    Dark Horseman
    Dark Horseman
    Traditional vacations are more work than working... You do them for the experience, but I honestly need a real vacation after taking a vacation.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    If it's any consolation, bgillisp, I spend pretty much all my free time writing scripts too.
    Seriel
    Seriel
    While other people take a holiday and go on vacation, I make Games. :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unknown.png

A sketch of a character for an upcoming chapter. I am pre-preparing the heck out of this one and future chapters, don't want to spend time figuring the story out again. :blush:
Today *Fix the game UI
RMMZ maxRows make me tired.
The game supports real-time language switching (really interesting).
8laFKAa.png

jBYDFzZ.png

lYbvPth.png

mY99lgU.png

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dolidodzik