bgillisp
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• You know you have succeeded in making the end boss of a chapter difficult when you (the developer) can lose that fight still.
    Silent Darkness
    Silent Darkness
    Okay. Consider something better fleshed out for the game's final boss.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Yes, that's the plan. This is only the boss of chapter 1. And that is what I did do Matseb2611 with the either 2x on same person vs hit all. Still, it seems the problem came down to I didn't have dispel working yet, so couldn't remove those $@%^ status aliments he also hits you with on his other skills (the ones I haven't mentioned), which was causing me to lose ~100 HP per turn in slip damage too (2x party hit all + slip damage = OUCH!). Just never noticed it yet as...
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    (got cut off) I had won the fight too fast before. Ain't testing fun?
    Dear Conception II: I wanted to like you. But, when your last dungeons are way too low, EXP rewards are too low for fights, and then you throw a boss at me that goes 4 turns to my one and KO's me in those 4 turns, forget it.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    *dungeons are way too long, not low
    This ever happen to you? While working on my game this week many good ideas for my second game came to me.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    You write them down at least? I've heard that is one of the best ways to handle them, as they can turn into side projects.
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    All the time.
    Geoff Moore
    Geoff Moore
    Happens to me all the time, I find it incredibly difficult to finish anything because I always get more excited about the new project.
    Going back over some of the events early in my game today. Found myself muttering "Why in the *world* did I use a parallel process here?" many times already.
    Geoff Moore
    Geoff Moore
    With me it's the other way round, there's a whole bunch of stuff I could have done much easier had I known about them to start with.
    After sitting all day in meetings, I think I'm going to add a new skill to my game: Death by Meeting.
    That Bread
    That Bread
    Ah hah hah! Perfect! Meetings are truly dull... no matter how many balloons may be present. Twas a promotional meeting I had once, it was still.... boring.
    Ever go back to redraw one of your first maps ever in RPGMaker, and find yourself going "What was I thinking?"
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    It's kind of funny in a way, as right now I'm redoing some of my first ever RPGMaker maps based on feedback in early project development. Seems I was shoehorning things in just a little too long...bleck.
    Venka
    Venka
    I don't really make games.. most just script. But I've done that a lot when I go back to my older scripts. Some of them were... just bad
    Arin
    Arin
    My first ever map was in VX and.....was an eyesore. Combining the Exterior with World Map Tiles...
    Decided to spend today playing through my game from start to finish and noting what needs to be changed and what doesn't work well. About 4 hours later I'm 1 hour into the game (of approx 4 hours of playtime). This is gonna take a while...
    UNphiltered_khaos
    UNphiltered_khaos
    I feel ya. I was doing the same thing with a 20 min game.... Took me 3 hours to get to the current end point... Good luck with your endeavor.
    GrandmaDeb
    GrandmaDeb
    Good thing to do though! Keep at it!
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I know. I think part of the problem is I stop to fix the bug when I see it (so I don't forget). I've also re-written two whole dialogs while doing this, which added to the time.
    Go to clean my kitchen, come up with an idea on things to add to a script I wrote and how to do them. Maybe I should go clean the kitchen more often when I'm stumped?
    Kes
    Kes
    So is going for walks.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Ah, I meant to include that too but I used the wrong word. The body can't tell the difference between work that gets stuff done and work that just uses up energy. The point is that getting the body going helps creativity. The actual activity doesn't matter so much as long as you don't use much brain power to do it.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    It's a very interesting process. It's to do with the brain getting bored and receiving very little stimulation, and so it ends up creating stimulation for itself. ;)
    In class today the lights were off for some reason, so I joked "It is dark inside, you are about to be eaten by a grue." None of them got it. Now I just feel old...
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Zork is kinda obscure too when you think about it haha
    Chapter 2 of my game is done (as well as the intro to chapter 3). "Only" 7 more to go...
    That Bread
    That Bread
    Keep at it you'll get there! One thing I do is, save the bug testing for when you get three more done.
    wallacethepig
    wallacethepig
    That's better than nothing, keep it up!
    Since we are on a random name kick today:http://videogamena.me/ it generates a random name for a game (based on current existing names). I got Turbo Squirrel Preacher. What do you get?
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Hehe, these titles are awesome. I wish I had the time for Kamikaze Baseball of the Blood God.

Let's see, some more funny ones:

- Frankenstein's Duck Havoc

- In the Lost Kingdom of Vocabulary Fun

- Escape from the Bedtime of Magic.
    Yangfly Master
    Yangfly Master
    Rise of the Blood God.

this is really cool!

If my game wasn't named "Light Phantasy The Red Crystal",I would change it.
    Juunanagou
    Jamaican Stick Squadron lol XD
    Stupid illness. At least this gives me a chance to playtest my game from start to finish in those fleeting wakeful hours.
    About to teach Discrete Math using RPG Maker ACE....this will definitely be different!
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    @touch Boolean algebra seems really easy, but I may be a little biased since programming includes a lot of ANDs ORs and NOTs.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I was going over conditional logic, so how if, and, or statements work. Used VX ACE and a little ruby to demonstrate simple if statements and when the if will run and when it will not. In a few weeks will return to it when they are ready for for and while, and algorithms
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    @Zalerinian, I went to school for Electronics. I can still do figure out all the logic, I've just forgotten how to do the math itself to speed things up.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After 2 years of writing, planning and outlining I finally finished the first draft of my first book in its entirety! I'll admit I got a little lazy with some of the word and description on those last 10 pages but that what 2and and 3rd drafts are forrrr, now after 20 hours of no sleep imma nap for 2 hours before my kid wakes me up to try and play.
Think of the potential now that picking up object is possible!
My first Video Scene - Kraken Art By @whtdragon -

Still needs work but its a start.
Considering a side project of making a Choose Your Own Adventure in MV but letting people play it as YouTube videos with the choices at the end leading to other videos. Thoughts?
I've made a rudimentary prototype map for the first game with the MV RTP overworld tiling. I'm probably going to photoshop the crap out of it for parallax, but the prototype has given me new ideas about how I want to place dungeons in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ndieminstitute05