bgillisp
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• I You want to see an example of badly written English? Just read your spam email!
    AriesFireTiger
    AriesFireTiger
    Or news articles on the internet. Do editors even exist on some of these sites?
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Simon D. Aelsi
    "We are a china based game developers."
    So I have an update to a script to post, but the last post on the board for that script is over 30 days ago. Am I allowed to post it there, or do I have to start a new thread?
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    You can update the existing thread. The necro-posting rule doesn't apply if you're posting resource or script updates. :)
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Thanks! I wasn't sure. I'll debug it a little more then post the update (today or tomorrow depending on how debugging is going)
    Three hours of reading up on cheeses, cheese names, and how cheese is made, I think I'm finally ready to make the cheese factory in my game.
    AriesFireTiger
    AriesFireTiger
    Some cheese is made in caves, where the only employee is a robot that flips and rotates the cheese xD
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    I actually had to investigate a lot for making up the story of my game. I want it to make sense xD
    Thalzon
    Thalzon
    Be the cheese.
    So I need to make a map of a cheese factory, and am drawing a big blank on how to do this. What are the names of some famous cheese factories (or cheese making places) in the world, so I can do some research?
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Ok, I have a rough layout now, after watching a video on how cheese is made (posted by a Wisconsin cheese factory), thanks for the help!
    Avery
    Avery
    you could also try something like "emmentaler schaukäserei"
    AriesFireTiger
    AriesFireTiger
    Bel Foods in Little Chute, WI makes Kaukauna cheese. Just a couple minutes down the road from me. A couple minutes west is Kraft Foods facility for Jack's Pizza, it is the largest pizza manufacturing facility in the USA. Simon's Specialty Cheeses is just a couple minutes north as well (on Freedom Rd in Little Chute)
    While desgining an underwater dungeon, and the song My Heart Will Go On gets stuck in my head. Maybe it is because I sunk the Titanic...again
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    lol! This genuinely made me laugh and start singing the song. There is just something it. I've caught my nearly 60 year old metal head of a dad singing it too.
    AriesFireTiger
    AriesFireTiger
    All I can think about is "Ugly Bob" and Celine Dion on South Park. "I'M GONNA HAVE A FREAK BABY!!" rofl
    Anyone written a typo that was so funny they decided they had to just find a way to keep it in the game?
    Hudell
    Hudell
    Not a typo, but one of my early demos had a bug where it would sometimes rain inside the city hall. I ended up making many NPCs talk about how the roof of the city hall is full of leaks.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    That's clever! Mine came about as I was trying to write the Cheery Monsters, right in the middle of a dialogue about Cheese, and it became the Cheesy Monsters. I decided to keep it, with the MC stumbling through the whole line and finally going "Ah, nuts, let's fight"
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    It's for a battle arena, incidentally, so there is an announcer
    Today is National Squirrel Appreciation day and National Hugging Day. So go out and hug a squirrel!
    Susan
    Susan
    *hugs Shaz* XD
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I'm a squirrel.

*prepares for many hugs*
    Oh where oh where can my motivation be?
    Dalph
    Dalph
    I lost my motivation when exceptionality became expectation.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    In the giant heap where all motivation goes to die? Sometimes I think that must be where mine is.
    Avery
    Avery
    Hm, mine is somewhere burried on the motivation cemetry. I sometimes visit her and bring flowers.
    The hardest part of making a game? Deciding on the names for the players and NPC's. The second hardest part? Explaining to your friends why you have a baby name websites in your search history.
    Why hello cold virus, its been a while old friend. Let me introuduce you to another old friend of mine, Mucinex!
    After today, I now know why it can cost $1000+ to commission a tile artist. On the up side, I think I know how to use Gimp now
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Keep at it! Like anything, it takes practice and before you know it will be a snap. If you have questions or anything, message me.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Thanks! The second set of clumps went about 8x as fast as the first. Of course, now I now how to set my grid properly :)
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Yep, the grid is so helpful!
    Boss encounter: 140 x 140 underwater map. Boss slain. Party Hp: 1.
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Ooof, I frequently have that sort of thing with the endings of games like Pokemon and other RPGs!
    Next time I get the idea to make a 140 x 140 dungeon map, someone please talk some sense into me.
    Finally figured out a *good* way to use a parallel process, combined with an erase event command, to allow me to set different musics for the map depending on what chapter the player is in.
    You know it is windy outside when they close a 70 mile stretch of highway in your state due to accidents and blowing snow.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Huh, must be the same state as me... It's a freakin' north wind so it's blowing in through my window and even with my thermostat set at 85... It's only 30 here.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I'm in Iowa. You?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    South Dakota. Icy outside, cold as hell inside my apt. Sometimes, I wish my apt was on the east side of my building instead of the west... That north wind sucks sometimes!
    Hello Winter storm Gorgon! Now where's the hero to slay this Gorgon?
    whitesphere
    whitesphere
    S/he'd need a Flaming Sword to damage it, and I think the local Adventurer Mart is out of stock right now.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Awww....can I order one for 50,000 gems?
    One entire day tweaking the numbers of my weapons. I think I'm going to have nightmares of numbers tonight.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished with the semester; finally have some time to play around with MV :kaopride:
Started work on the fishing Mini-Game
The Dark Toon art style is now available as Steam branches. (Both for the main game and the demo)
Battle.jpgCaptain.jpgCutsene.jpg
There are 2 versions. One only affects combat, cutscene, and portraits. The other one changes more.
So, technically, the game now has 7 versions on steam.
Arcade-Style RPGM Games? RM2k3 Game Jam & Synth-Retro Music by Azakaela | RPG Maker News #39

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhanmorris94