bgillisp
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• After sitting all day in meetings, I think I'm going to add a new skill to my game: Death by Meeting.
    That Bread
    That Bread
    Ah hah hah! Perfect! Meetings are truly dull... no matter how many balloons may be present. Twas a promotional meeting I had once, it was still.... boring.
    Ever go back to redraw one of your first maps ever in RPGMaker, and find yourself going "What was I thinking?"
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    It's kind of funny in a way, as right now I'm redoing some of my first ever RPGMaker maps based on feedback in early project development. Seems I was shoehorning things in just a little too long...bleck.
    Venka
    Venka
    I don't really make games.. most just script. But I've done that a lot when I go back to my older scripts. Some of them were... just bad
    Arin
    Arin
    My first ever map was in VX and.....was an eyesore. Combining the Exterior with World Map Tiles...
    Decided to spend today playing through my game from start to finish and noting what needs to be changed and what doesn't work well. About 4 hours later I'm 1 hour into the game (of approx 4 hours of playtime). This is gonna take a while...
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    I feel ya. I was doing the same thing with a 20 min game.... Took me 3 hours to get to the current end point... Good luck with your endeavor.
    GrandmaDeb
    GrandmaDeb
    Good thing to do though! Keep at it!
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I know. I think part of the problem is I stop to fix the bug when I see it (so I don't forget). I've also re-written two whole dialogs while doing this, which added to the time.
    Go to clean my kitchen, come up with an idea on things to add to a script I wrote and how to do them. Maybe I should go clean the kitchen more often when I'm stumped?
    Kes
    Kes
    So is going for walks.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Ah, I meant to include that too but I used the wrong word. The body can't tell the difference between work that gets stuff done and work that just uses up energy. The point is that getting the body going helps creativity. The actual activity doesn't matter so much as long as you don't use much brain power to do it.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    It's a very interesting process. It's to do with the brain getting bored and receiving very little stimulation, and so it ends up creating stimulation for itself. ;)
    In class today the lights were off for some reason, so I joked "It is dark inside, you are about to be eaten by a grue." None of them got it. Now I just feel old...
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Zork is kinda obscure too when you think about it haha
    Chapter 2 of my game is done (as well as the intro to chapter 3). "Only" 7 more to go...
    That Bread
    That Bread
    Keep at it you'll get there! One thing I do is, save the bug testing for when you get three more done.
    wallacethepig
    wallacethepig
    That's better than nothing, keep it up!
    Since we are on a random name kick today:http://videogamena.me/ it generates a random name for a game (based on current existing names). I got Turbo Squirrel Preacher. What do you get?
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Hehe, these titles are awesome. I wish I had the time for Kamikaze Baseball of the Blood God.

Let's see, some more funny ones:

- Frankenstein's Duck Havoc

- In the Lost Kingdom of Vocabulary Fun

- Escape from the Bedtime of Magic.
    Sato1999
    Sato1999
    Rise of the Blood God.

this is really cool!

If my game wasn't named "Light Phantasy The Red Crystal",I would change it.
    Juunanagou
    Jamaican Stick Squadron lol XD
    Stupid illness. At least this gives me a chance to playtest my game from start to finish in those fleeting wakeful hours.
    About to teach Discrete Math using RPG Maker ACE....this will definitely be different!
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    @touch Boolean algebra seems really easy, but I may be a little biased since programming includes a lot of ANDs ORs and NOTs.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I was going over conditional logic, so how if, and, or statements work. Used VX ACE and a little ruby to demonstrate simple if statements and when the if will run and when it will not. In a few weeks will return to it when they are ready for for and while, and algorithms
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    @Zalerinian, I went to school for Electronics. I can still do figure out all the logic, I've just forgotten how to do the math itself to speed things up.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I just think.... we all had eighth-grade syndrome, only difference is in the severity. :kaopride:
//Makes complex mechanic...
//Slaps self
No U! We make it fast, simple and fun! :kaolivid:
If it needs a long tutorial(s) on how to do it, it's bad... Just look at FF13. :kaoback:
//Shudders
Good point self. :kaopride:

There was an accident at the stone mason's workshop today. Some @The Stranger was seen on the premises, ranting about evil secret guild business before they destroyed the Statue of David. Public and law enforcement will keep an eye out for vandals!
I suppose at some point I should figure out how to change my name on here.
Teaching friend how to use MV, so far he can fight his cat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr