bgillisp
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Sometimes, saving your old maps and events that didn't work when they were first inserted into the game can still prove handy.
    Finished officially writing the plot for my game down on paper (it was all in my head so far). Looks like 12 chapters total, though there might be room to cut it to 10.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    The write down part? Two hours. However, I only wrote down where the party would go, what they would learn, and who the villain of that chapter was. Now, if I were to do a full detailed write up, it would probably take weeks, as it usually takes me 3 - 5 hours a chapter to write it down that detailed.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    phew! You write pretty damn quick! I get stuck trying to imagine what should happen next, rereading over and over. How do you write so quick? Any tips?
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Practice more than anything. The story I'm making I've 'written' about every summer for 20 years, so this time I only had to finalize the outline. Every summer I'd start the story over, from scratch, and see what I came up with. After a few years the same basic plotline emerged, but some details changed. And, sometimes I got good stories, and sometimes utter crap, but the practice is what helped.
    Was the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except for my computer mouse.
    So everyone around me has pnuemonia this holiday break. Where's my bracelet of pnuemonia protection?
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Pneumonia is usually the result of the of having a different infection first; it doesn't really start out that way. So, in a way, pneumonia isn't really contagious at all. But the other stuff that can turn into it, are.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    The Bracelet costs 80,000,000 Crystal Hearts... Or you can buy one with real money for $50.
    Heading off into the internet black hole. What's it like over there again?
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Amazing!
    whitesphere
    whitesphere
    Aaah, you mean TVTropes?
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Nah, the place I'm staying at over the holidays has bandwidth caps on download/uploads and such. Will be a change to have to deal with that vs my usual internet which as no restrictions.
    Craziest challenge you ever attempted in a video game: Go!
    Gothic Lolita
    Gothic Lolita
    o_O

You really tried to beat a 70 hours game without any saving. Respect for trying it. *hugs* (\s/)
    Cluly
    20 hours, just left the PS1 on over night lol.
    Archeia
    Archeia
    No saving challenge for FF7 and FFT. Then the reach the age limit in FFT but it was just impossible.
    It is so nice seeing Current Chapter: 4 in your save game file for the game you are making.
    I think i need to find coffee 3.0, I just tried handing out my Discrete final to my Finite Math class
    Geoff Moore
    Geoff Moore
    How about... There was a statistician that drowned crossing a river... It was 3 feet deep on average.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Lol. Coffee 3.0 - by my coffee version scale, I rarely have that one, lol!
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Three statisticians were hunting deer. The first fired a bullet that missed to the right. The second fired a bullet that missed to the left. The third shouted "We got him!"
    The next timeI decide to design a three level interconnected dungeon, someone ask me what am I thinking?
    Heretic86
    Without appropriate planning, a simple one level dungeon will overwhelm a person. I made a 15 level interconnected dungeon, and it was possible because it was planned.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Even with planning, it can be overwhelming though. But, it does look nice when it is all in the game properly I will admit.
    Geoff Moore
    Geoff Moore
    15...!! I was joking about 6, lol. Look forward to seeing it in action, bgillisp. :)
    Just found Thalzon's Battlers today...now here goes the next 6 hours of my life as I insert them all into the game.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I had almost a similar reaction when I first discovered them. It was like stumbling upon a goldmine of goodies.
    Just found Thalzon
    Dalph
    Dalph
    I wonder if he ever created a battler of himself, or maybe of rm people here.

That would be awesome.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I hit enter too fast on this one, meant his battlers.
    Signs it's time for bed: When you try to import a graphic file as a music file into RPGMaker
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    byronclaude
    byronclaude
    hahaha! YES! Or when you make an npc message event like: Welcome to the town of sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss (falling asleep w/ s key pushed)
    Kes
    Kes
    As a variation on a theme - importing an edited tilesheet and seeing no perceptible improvement. Re-edit, import, still no improvement. repeat a couple of more times, and only then spot that you are importing your tile sheet into Battlers.
    So today I decided to try to redraw a 60 x 60 town map using only the needed space. Final (new) town size: 20 x 20
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Small town there... How'd you manage that?
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    The part you have access to is small, the rest is restricted as the party 'isn't good enough' in the eyes of the guards.
    Nightblade50
    Nightblade50
    @bgillisp If you are using MV, try using Avery's guards on her advent event page. They are great for blocking areas.
    So I had an idea for a game mechanic: Instead of hit and misses, replace miss with a weak hit (reduced damage). Good or bad idea?
    Reactions: Nightblade50
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    That's what I was thinking too, make it like a graze. Or, since HP is supposed to represent fatigue in battle (and not hits), even a miss would reduce fatigue a little. I may give it a try in a side project to see if this can be implemented then, now that I know it is not a 100% crazy idea.
    byronclaude
    byronclaude
    possible to have all 3? Hit, graze or miss entirely?
    Nightblade50
    You know you have succeeded in making the end boss of a chapter difficult when you (the developer) can lose that fight still.
    Silent Darkness
    Silent Darkness
    Okay. Consider something better fleshed out for the game's final boss.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Yes, that's the plan. This is only the boss of chapter 1. And that is what I did do Matseb2611 with the either 2x on same person vs hit all. Still, it seems the problem came down to I didn't have dispel working yet, so couldn't remove those $@%^ status aliments he also hits you with on his other skills (the ones I haven't mentioned), which was causing me to lose ~100 HP per turn in slip damage too (2x party hit all + slip damage = OUCH!). Just never noticed it yet as...
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    (got cut off) I had won the fight too fast before. Ain't testing fun?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Now, hopefully, some certain people will not be stupid enough to leak my name on the reports.
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?
my main character isn't the warrior of light or the chosen one, he's a self righteous, invasive try hard who gets ahead of himself and makes a critical error, resulting in a downward moral spiral that, eventually, leads him to truths that make him a better man, and im DAMN proud of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tocurse