bgillisp
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Heat waves like this are when I'm glad all my work shifts are online this month. Don't gotta go outside unless I want to.
    A full day of EDF, finally beat the game...on normal, as a ranger. I'm going to dream of ants, flying insects, dragons and big robots.
    Reactions: Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    And hear the edf deploys song during that. :p
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    The EDF Deploys!

I do love the Dragons. They're fun to dogfight as a Wing Diver. :D
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Man I dream about those anyway. When I was a kid I had a nightmare that my stepmom was a 6 foot fireant-stepmom hybrid. She picked me up and burned me with flames that came out of her chest lololol
    Wish RL ants could be dealt with as easily as they can in EDF. Then again, if I did deal with them the EDF way I'd also have no house too.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Or Spiders... Or Hornets... :D EDF does have a lot of nightmare fuel enemies. The spiders in particular get to me.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Yep. Hope no one on the EDF is allergic to bee sting. Not sure there's enough medicine to treat being stung by that!
    Reactions: Tai_MT
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    @TakeHomeTheCup if RL were anything like EDF, you'd survive that explosion with a few bruises lol.
    Been playing EDF 4.1. Silly, but fun.
    Reactions: Windows i7
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    If EDF 5 goes on sale, I'd recommend picking that up, if you want the duplicates to "level up" the weapon. Early on in the game, you can get the starter weapon to be fairly powerful for even a Level 0 weapon. I got it nearly maxed out and it was more powerful than a default Level 4 weapon I had. It allows you to "gain power" despite the level restrictions in multiplayer :D It's pretty cool.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    See, I just thought there was a way to level up the weapon. Not always with duplicates, but with other drops. But still glad to know how it works. BTW, what are the medals? Is that just showing what levels I've completed at what difficulty?
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    The medals show what difficulty you completed the level on, with which class. The game actually wants you to beat the game with all four classes... on all five difficulties. Not sure if it matters all that much to do so unless you just want all the unlocks and achievements. But, it's a good way to let you know what you need and give you some goals.
    It's amazing how much more game dev you can get done when you have a few weeks off of work.
    Here is your weekly reminder to that We Want YOU! To backup your project.
    ??????
    ??????
    Me? Do I really have to though? I'm smart and have been doing this for years now... Surely I am exempt from your demands? :)
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Please back it up. Please.
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Back ups are always good... unless it is your toilet.
    Today everyone is complaining it's too hot at 90 F. 5 months ago exactly it was -30 F here and we were complaining it was too cold.
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    I'd rather have the 90 F than -30...
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    I prefer cold over hot, mainly because I find it easier to battle cold (to a certain degree) than hot.. Like I can put more clothes to fight cold but when its hot, sometimes even if I dont wear anything its still hot.
    MechScapeZH
    MechScapeZH
    Yes!!!! Someone else notices! I thought I was the only one. :)

It's OK though, right? After the freezing cold, heat is good for us.
    TMW you accidentally put an extra *2 in a damage formula and make a boss nearly impossible as a result.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Basically it was doing 2x as much damage as it should have done.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Lucky we still have cheat engine for cases like these.
    Watching people take finals for 4 hours is probably about as exciting as watching grass grow.
    Steam sale + gog sale a few weeks ago = my poor wallet.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I've already got so many games I'm not going to spend too much this year.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Just gonna get Dominions 5 and a couple of VNs maybe... and a couple more... and a couple more... And before I realize it, my wallet will cry again.
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    RIP wallet, you served this year well.
    Hearing reports of Steam crashing. You'd think a sale just started or something.
    NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    Took forever to just buy Fallout 2 from my wish list. Have tried to browse for other deals but can’t even load consistently.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Yeah, it finally started loading reliably about 5 pm my time zone...5 hours after it started. You'd think they'd fix this though as their competitors don't have this issue (*cough* gog *cough*)
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @bgillisp Gog doesn't have nearly as many customers as steam, so it's like comparing apples to oranges.
    Hard to believe I spend this weekend working on the next project. 15 minutes of playtime so far!
    Kes
    Kes
    Congrats on getting it up to the threshold. It's when you've thrown it out into the world to make it's own way that the parental nerves kick in.
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    That's fast!
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    @Marsigne : It helps that I'm using the same skills and classes as The Book of Shadows, so I don't have to resign new ones. So it's mainly mapping and eventing and balancing this time.
    Spent all morning listening to music files, but I think I got a battle music, boss music and final boss music for the next project!
    I wonder how much game sales are hurt on Steam in June just due to people knowing there is probably going to be a sale in June sometime?
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    I suspected it would hurt indie developers. But I guess that means we'd have to release our game shortly after June or December in order to maximize our exposure without a sale, right? (about the sale being optional, I remember RPGMakerMV not going deeply discounted for six months or so, so I'm guessing it's either manually or you have to contact Valve)
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    @Marsigne : Right. That's what I hope to do. So by that reasoning August or February is probably the right time to release on Steam, as too soon after the sale everyone is broke too.
    OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    And at the very least, you can get your Kagura Games bundle for cheap.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I started really hammering down on my game a year ago... annnnd I still haven't actually started yet. I think trying to do all these assets was a bad idea.
Dear RegantCorp.
Your game Bubble Burst $tory sucks! I won't spend 10$ on a skin that looks exactly the same! And now I have Up on the Housetop stuck in my head, and it's not even close to Christmas! Curse you, RegantCorp!
Signed,
Tantan.
HaneHaeterun wrote on PathosFear's profile.
Do you have a link for the time-travelling VN (I assume it's a VN)...? The banner is "disgustingly adorable" and I want in!
I have to rewrite the Kitty Pride presentation. Too much has changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LolloBlue96