Recent content by bgillisp

1. bgillisp

Weird event behavior. Parallel vs Autorun

The issue is your IF does not encompass the entire event. That autorun is also going to loop forever incidentally unless you add a switch or condition to turn off the event.
  2. bgillisp

Where did my post go?

Eh no foul. Its easy to wonder when you can't see it anymore.
  3. bgillisp

Where did my post go?

Its in the queue. There's a bug where you can't see it while it is awaiting approval.
  4. bgillisp

RMMV HELP! Is there a way I can force a DROP on a battle?

Or better yet, why is the drop not set to 100% drop on the enemy, or 1/1? That forces a drop guaranteed.
  5. bgillisp

RMMZ Which js file and which bit of code to edit to change the minimum damage?

It might be the triple equal signs. When I was doing coding it was == for equals. Try that.
  6. bgillisp

Yeah ignore the trolls. If they tell you what to fix and how you can follow on it, but if all...

Yeah ignore the trolls. If they tell you what to fix and how you can follow on it, but if all they want to do is troll ignore and maybe even block them.
  7. bgillisp

Should I sell my game when it uses mostly base assets, little custom coding, and no plugins?

Short answer. Yes. Long answer. Don't concern yourself with is it default or not. In my experience default games have outsold most custom games out there. There are exceptions, but when it comes to what people *actually* spend money on (not what they say they will but what they actually do...
  8. bgillisp

Leave it there until you got a demo to share. Once you got a demo and more to share, then report...

Leave it there until you got a demo to share. Once you got a demo and more to share, then report it and ask for it to be moved to Projects in DEvelopment.
  9. bgillisp

Neither MV or MZ are running correctly, even after unistalling/reinstalling...

Select restart computer, and let it do its thing. Sometimes things get garbod in memory and a restart fixes that. And be sure it is restart, not shutdown. Shutdown won't help here.
  10. bgillisp

Congrats! I felt the same when I finally beat Wizards and Warriors after 20 years and many restarts.

Congrats! I felt the same when I finally beat Wizards and Warriors after 20 years and many restarts.
  11. bgillisp

Healers heal more than other characters.

In ACE you have full control of the damage formula so one way would be to give them higher MAT and have the formula for what they heal be based on MAT. The other way is to have two healing spells, the one y our healer uses could be set up to be higher based on their stats than the others. For...
  12. bgillisp

Fairyland and Underwater Tilesets?

For underwater I used the default outside tiles and tinted it with an event command to give it an appropriate hue. I used tint screen(-102, -17, 85, 0) You may need to play with it some to get the hue to look good as I did this in ACE and it looks like you are using MV so it may take a slight...
  13. bgillisp

The lighting being dark is making my character not move like he is supposed to

See my post. You used an autorun. Autorun means always run, and nothing else will run while that event is active. You need to use another method for that event, as while that is up you will never be able to move. I'd recommend looking at Andar's tutorials starting point for new users as it...
  14. bgillisp

The lighting being dark is making my character not move like he is supposed to

If you use an autorun that would be why. You can't move when autoruns run. But you do really need to post a picture of the event for us to be sure, as until then all anyone can do is guess as to the cause.
  15. bgillisp

Why do some games with terrible graphics still achieve success?

Many gamers are getting older too (remember those who grew up on NES and Atari are near if not past 40 now), and the older group I've noticed is tired of pretty games but shallow experiences and are willing to look past the graphics and instead look at is the game fun to play. Plus not as many...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Finally, I got a good Gmail message [from smg5urded]
"This game does look a bit plain, but, I'm sure this does not destroy the experience as a whole. Monsters fit your style of game-play, mapping looks crude but I'm sure you can make it better if you do a remake of Forgotten Eclipse"
Going to start a new project today. OMG, it will be on RPGMaker MV. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pirata12