Recent content by bgillisp

1. bgillisp

The Book of Shadows (Released 9.12.19)

@jkweath : Valid points. It's possible my timing of them improved as the game went in on dev too, which might be why most say it feels better later in the game. Hard to say. Since in the sequel the characters know more of what is going on there shouldn't be as much a need to explain things in...
  2. bgillisp

Help! Variable Issue

There should be a command under game data to directly get the number of items when you assign the variables. I'd use that instead.
  3. bgillisp

The Saturday method? Kinda. I usually set one goal for the session like one cutscene or the...

The Saturday method? Kinda. I usually set one goal for the session like one cutscene or the maps for one zone or something. For the little breaks, that's usually better for playtesting I've found.
  4. bgillisp

Though it looks like I may have a few 2 hour breaks on Tues, so I may start hauling my laptop...

Though it looks like I may have a few 2 hour breaks on Tues, so I may start hauling my laptop around once all the ice is gone. I just hate carrying it in ice season.
  5. bgillisp

I do an approach where I dedicate 4 hours Saturday am to game making. Its a little rough doing...

I do an approach where I dedicate 4 hours Saturday am to game making. Its a little rough doing it all in one day, but that way I still get something done.
  6. bgillisp

I would HIGHLY suggest letting it go and not posting more either regarding that. All you are...

I would HIGHLY suggest letting it go and not posting more either regarding that. All you are doing is digging a hole for yourself at this point, and the deeper it gets the worse it will get. And in the future if a game you feel is mistagged, just report it as mistagged this was not what I wanted...
  7. bgillisp

I started there, then used the sheet to fine tune it a little more.

I started there, then used the sheet to fine tune it a little more.
  8. bgillisp

Remember, you can do everything right on your end, and still lose. That's life. Just use the...

Remember, you can do everything right on your end, and still lose. That's life. Just use the time to make your game instead and go back when it expires. Plus if you obsess too much in trying to be 'right' here, you can make it worse easily.
  9. bgillisp

I'd say let it go until April 4th myself. Work on the game until then. No need to risk making...

I'd say let it go until April 4th myself. Work on the game until then. No need to risk making things worse.
  10. bgillisp

I know, but just looking at the schedule makes me want to go ugh. Especially as I'm not sure...

I know, but just looking at the schedule makes me want to go ugh. Especially as I'm not sure when I will get to work on my game during it. Maybe if I don't sleep...
  11. bgillisp

The Book of Shadows (Released 9.12.19)

Thanks for the feedback! A couple comments: And thanks! I just hope the sequel doesn't take me 5 years to make like this one did.
  12. bgillisp

You could build your own. Most of those are rice, canned sauces and pasta, and jerky. I...

You could build your own. Most of those are rice, canned sauces and pasta, and jerky. I personally keep some smoked meats with a really long shelf like (like 2 - 3 years) just in case, and as they get close to expiring I just eat them as a snack and replace them.
  13. bgillisp

I've heard those are handy in bad weather too. See who's laughing next blizzard!

I've heard those are handy in bad weather too. See who's laughing next blizzard!
  14. bgillisp

Start of semester today. This is going to be a long one.

Start of semester today. This is going to be a long one.
  15. bgillisp

Yep. I'm writing down ideas for game 2, and some for game 3 come to mind as I go. Ugh.

Yep. I'm writing down ideas for game 2, and some for game 3 come to mind as I go. Ugh.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

redrawing one of three my VNM protags
I'm making my game in both English and Portuguese. I wonder if I should add Spanish too? :v
Thinking about picking up Luna Engine, but also wondering if I should wait to see if it goes on sale.
So looks like the last Star Wars movie sucked. We feared George would kill his own legacy after Episode 1. But look like he handed off to others to put it out of its misery. Does that count as assisted suicide?
Brother made thumbnails for my Lets Plays. He's a swood dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeachParfait