Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• what happened to my member+? i thought it was auto-renew
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    Surprise! Science has proven you wrong!
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Post in one of the forums if you haven't already - better chance someone will see it who can check it for you.
    there are upsides and downsides to being on a forum run by the company that sells the game
    BILL_NYE_THO
    BILL_NYE_THO
    I've said it before, but I trust the mods and admins. I don't dispute their decisions. I don't want anyone to misunderstand me here.
    BigEd781
    BigEd781
    Ok, but know that what you said in your original post here and the comment which followed implies that you believe the staff is banning people who speak out against E! and/or Digica.
    BILL_NYE_THO
    BILL_NYE_THO
    It implied that, but I didn't intend for it to imply that. I'll admit it's not consistent with what I was trying to communicate.
    gomi boy got banned? someone please tell me what happened. :(
    BILL_NYE_THO
    BILL_NYE_THO
    Your opinion is noted.
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    Being a community contributor does not put the person above the rules or the expectations we have for our members.
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    The decision to ban someone is made very rarely, and it's not made lightly. Although we can't discuss the specifics, it didn't happen "out of the blue" and without any warning.
    frankensprite madness 2013
    ct_bolt
    ct_bolt
    lol, all too true... but there are a few really nice original ones too. ̂◡̂
    BILL_NYE_THO
    BILL_NYE_THO
    I agree. I'm just being angry and venting. ^_^
    ct_bolt
    ct_bolt
    lol, very understandable, I'm with ya all the way on this one.
    So many people make this community great. I was reflecting on it this morning, posted something about it earlier today. Thanks to the WONDERFUL staff and the friendly regulars that made me want to be a part of this community. I'll find a way to give back somehow.
    BILL_NYE_THO
    BILL_NYE_THO
    Side note: Tsukihime deserves some mega respect... anyone with that kind of work ethic should get a medal.
    Wyn Wizard
    Wyn Wizard
    You are awsome man. But alas, i have yet to become a good poster, so don't go telling me how great i am cause i definitly ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    people gettin banned pretty often... makes me paranoid.
    Clord
    Clord
    Well. Taking care of the trash is a daily routine around here.
    Jawnsunn
    Jawnsunn
    Don't be a dick and everything will be all good.
    Chaos Avian
    Chaos Avian
    Hehe, so true. We got a mass influx of newbies awhile ago didn't we? Just scrapping the bad eggs.
    I really wish pixel-movement scripts didn't cause so much trouble with any event command relating to steps taken, tiles, or distance.
    BILL_NYE_THO
    BILL_NYE_THO
    I should add that it's possible to compensate, but for the moment I feel like it's not worth the headache.
    Since when has that RPG Game HQ thing been up? I just noticed it.
    BILL_NYE_THO
    BILL_NYE_THO
    Yeah, it seems very redundant. Also, the HQ is kinda hard to spot, as evidenced by me not even noticing it on the front page until now.

The two should be merged, to some extent. I think RPGmakerweb needs a CSS overhaul. :p
    Indinera
    Indinera
    yes a face lift, but i am pretty sure they are all pretty busy with other stuff
    BILL_NYE_THO
    BILL_NYE_THO
    Yes, indeed. All the administrators seem to have way too much on their plate. I admire that, but I also worry about it.

They're all wonderful and diligent people with a proactive nature.
    I should just make a tutorial called Lighting Effects: Don't Touch Them, For the Love of God
    Lorenze
    Lorenze
    Go for it! Someone has to say something about it, and I'm really glad you brought it up.
    Kaiser
    Kaiser
    It seems Bill Nye has to ENlighten us about this tutorial! *crickets chirp*
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    don't worry Bill, I didn't take it personal at all :) It just hard for me to let them go for some reason.. you should make that tutorial to snap me out of it ;)
    Confession time: Lighting systems make games look ugly. Lack of contrast is frustrating and counterproductive. Think about the player first.
    BILL_NYE_THO
    BILL_NYE_THO
    I'm referring specifically to RPG Maker games. I think professional-quality games made by development studios usually have lighting effects that are decent. Some are stellar. Lighting effects make a lot more sense in a three-dimensional setting anyway.
    Tsukitsune
    Tsukitsune
    Gotcha, that makes more sense :p
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    It's hard to find a balance when making light effects.. I'm at the point where I want a 'night effect' but still balance the screen so It's not too dark, and the light effects are not too bright. It's not easy to find a balance.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here managed to never burn out on programming? My current limit is 3 months(6-8 hours per day, 7 days per week, 50 hour programming week on average), and then I just have to take a break, sometimes lasting few days(with at most 2 hours on programming per day). I've been always like this so far, so I admire those who can always be so passionate on programming :)
This is starting to become a momochi collection y'all!
Meet Swefo The candy Eater!

Hide your candy... I or I sweefe sweefefooo~~~
Automatic level scaling without an option to turn it off can be a very bad choice for a game. The worst I've ever seen was in Nightmare of Druaga, where if a power outage made your system turn off, the game detects it as an attempted cheat and overwrites your save while taking away your best gear, leaving you unable to progress at the late stages of the game, and unable to recover.
Problem with sequels: Heroes getting rid of all their items and forgets all of their skills within the span of a year without explanation. :kaomad3:
I can see the end of my prologue. Perfect time to decide to pull everything over into MZ, right? Right?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rynkal